Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sennexer
Member since 2015 • 35 Posts

Hi guys,

Glad to join up, been meaning to for a while, finally got around to it.

Just bought a PS4 and Driveclub came with it. I'm a driving game fan - also a Forza fan (have forza 4,5,6), and am wondering why in Driveclub and Gran Turismo games there are for want of a better word 'jagged lines' that flicker - for example in Gran Turismo games powerlines overhead are jagged zigzags rather than straight lines.

Driveclub looks great in online pics but in-game even the car in the intro race when you look at it has a non-smooth roof, that is, it seems jagged against the horizon, as do buildings etc as you go past. I've noticed this on my PS3 in GTAV, but put it down to being old gen. Forza games on the other hand consistently feel 'solid', smooth and 'rounded' and the cars and tracks don't seem to have this jagged edge phenomenon.

I use good quality HDMI cables of course, and have a Sony Bravia HX800 series 55" tv which was the second highest model from a couple years ago, so no issues there.

Thanks for any replies!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Don't sit so close.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Pretty much, you have a 55" TV and you're sitting way to close to your TV unit. Which usually means lack of anti-aliasing. I'm surprised you missed it in Forza 6. It's pretty evident. Look at the fence, the tracks white lines, car mirrors and edges. To be honest, once you are racing I don't even pay attention to such silly things.

http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/7b8qd3l-jpg.107168/

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sennexer

Fair point. Maybe I'm noticing it more because its more evident in Driveclub and gran Turismo in screens where the car bis just sitting there, whereas Forza like u said I've never noticed, do you think they just clean it up more in static situations?

Also gtfo with sitting too close lol 55" is average these days and I got dat 20/20 vision!

sennexer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sennexer

What are those guile sonic boom distortion shapes in the fences?!

DoktorSali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DoktorSali
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

Good

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points