Just bought a PS4.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

would you guys and girls recommend Killzone Shadowfall and The Order 1886 I can pick these games up at a reasonable price?

I bought TLOU remastered that came bundled with the PS4 and I'm thinking of getting Metro Redux too.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Killzone is decent, but not a must have. I'd pay about $5 for The Order. Personally I found the Metro games a bit boring.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sukraj

I love shooters so metro is a no brainer lol

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I would recommend PS+, you get 4-5 games a month plus huge discounts.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

I would not recommend Killzone: Shadow Fall and/or The Order: 1886. Killzone is average at best and The Order is just something pretty to watch.

The only shooters I would recommend are: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Far Cry 4, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Wolfenstein: The New Order.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@sukraj said:

Definitely Metro and I would recommend Shadow Fall and The Order 1886 "IF" you can get them cheap. Both games are average but still worth a playthrough.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@sukraj said:

would you guys and girls recommend Killzone Shadowfall and The Order 1886 I can pick these games up at a reasonable price?

I bought TLOU remastered that came bundled with the PS4 and I'm thinking of getting Metro Redux too.

Personally I liked both games. Shadow Fall was my original game with the PS4 and I played through the campaign twice with dozens of hours online, which people are still playing. Picked up The Order 1886 for 40$ and it was a good play through for that price. If you liked Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls it uses some of those elements. Gorgeous game on its own. I do recommend Metro games, great shooters especially if you are playing the classic style with limited ammo and requiring to be more stealthy and careful with your enemy approach.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@sukraj: get Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

Definitely reccommend Metro Redux, two solid shooters with great atmosphere, also they go for a reasonable price.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sukraj

@The_Last_Ride said:

Ok i will see if i can get a used copy of shadow of mordor I'm not a huge fan of RPG games lol i did try playing the witcher 3 but i couldn't get into the game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sukraj

@MarcRecon said:
@sukraj said:

Definitely Metro and I would recommend Shadow Fall and The Order 1886 "IF" you can get them cheap. Both games are average but still worth a playthrough.

just bought Metro Redux and in a few weeks i'll probably get the order 1886 i willmore than likely get a used copy of the game lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@sukraj said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Ok i will see if i can get a used copy of shadow of mordor I'm not a huge fan of RPG games lol i did try playing the witcher 3 but i couldn't get into the game.

Shadow of Mordor is an action game with rpg elements

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

lol

Anyways, get borderlands the handsome collection since you enjoy shooters.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Bloodborne, Dark Souls II "Scholar of the first sin", Metal Gear Solid V, and Witcher 3.... is about all I can recommend, at the moment. Last of Us, too, if you haven't already played it on the PS3, otherwise you can skip it being that the PS4 is no different than the PS3's version.

Personally, not interested in playing FPS' on a console (I prefer mouse and keyboard for First Person Shooters), so Killzone series doesn't really interest me. As for the Order.... I'm waiting till it hit's the 20 dollar range. Speaking of which The Evil Within is currently 20 bucks at Amazon. Just picked it up and found out that the patch is huge. Think the patch was 8GB....or maybe 10?, don't remember. Anyways I have yet to start the game, yet. So, can't comment on it.

Just bought Dark Souls II from PSN, when it was on sale for 24 bucks (not on sale anymore)... Had the PS3 version so wasn't sure it was worth it, but as it turns out... it is. The game seems to be harder, though the boss fights seem easier than the PS3 version. I never did buy the DLC's for the PS3 version, so there's that, too.

I have the Witcher 3 on PC... but it's a good game. I plan on getting Fallout 4 on the PC. I plan on getting MGSV for the PS4, though.... I'm just too used to playing MGS in the living room, I guess. I'll probably get GTA5 for the PC, but I'm waiting for it to come down in price. I'm not in a hurry to play GTA..... Plan on getting Xcom2, which is PC only at the moment. Probably pick up the Bloodborne expansion.

Didn't really care for Shadow of Mordor, but bought it for 20 bucks at Amazon, so I'm fine with that. Maybe I'm just not far enough into the game, but from what I played (about 6 hours worth) it felt generic, to me (generic in that it plays like Assassins Creed or Batman series as far a combat goes). Maybe Witcher 3 has spoiled me....

Anyways.... way too many games on the radar that I wanna play. And likely won't have the time or money to play.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Glad you got a ps4 man. Add me Italianmob. Killzone has amazing graphics along with the order

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@sukraj: Does that mean you won't be playing your XB1 anymore mate?? Lol.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sukraj

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I will keep my Xbox One because I love the system and I'll still buy some games for it for example I'm getting the new Tomb Raider game and Assassin Creed Syndicate and maybe a few more down the line.

I just felt like I was kind of missing out on some of the stellar PS4 games that's why I decided to buy a PS4 mate.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sukraj

@The_Last_Ride said:
@sukraj said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

I'll think about it lol but right now I'm kind of busy playing 4 other games but as soon as I've completed some of those games i'll probably play it.

Dionzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Dionzilla
Member since 2015 • 90 Posts

I wouldn't recommend Shadow Fall, but The Order 1886 I would. The gameplay is ok, story and atmosphere are good, and the music is great. If you can get it at a lower price, go for it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@sukraj said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I will keep my Xbox One because I love the system and I'll still buy some games for it for example I'm getting the new Tomb Raider game and Assassin Creed Syndicate and maybe a few more down the line.

I just felt like I was kind of missing out on some of the stellar PS4 games that's why I decided to buy a PS4 mate.

Lol ah ok... fair enough.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride

@sukraj said:
@The_Last_Ride said:
@sukraj said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

I'll think about it lol but right now I'm kind of busy playing 4 other games but as soon as I've completed some of those games i'll probably play it.

I also recomend AC Black Flag if you haven't tried that yet

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Congrats my friend buy metro redux until dawn infamous SS and borderlands handsome edition for me killzone its short but good game

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sukraj

@marcheegsr said:

Glad you got a ps4 man. Add me Italianmob. Killzone has amazing graphics along with the order

I will defintly add you mate

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

Battlefield 4 beats both Killzone and The Order simultaniously. However only online with the premium subscribtion.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@kriggy: Agreed, it's awesome.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#26  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@sukraj: if you dont have or didnt have a PS3, coolyfett would recommend subscription to PlayStation Now if you have a great internet connection. You should also pick up a Vita to complement your new PS4. Its a great gaming investment.

Avatar image for kingcobrasoccer
kingcobrasoccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingcobrasoccer
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Uncharted Collection, GTAV, Batman AN, and Infamous Second Son are all great. Witcher 3 and MGSV are great if you have a lot of time on your hands too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

If you like fighters Dead or Alive 5 is really really good.

The Uncharted trilogy is excellent too if you like action shooter type.

Bloobourne is probably the best PS4 exclusive out.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sukraj

@Coolyfett said:

@sukraj: if you dont have or didnt have a PS3, coolyfett would recommend subscription to PlayStation Now if you have a great internet connection. You should also pick up a Vita to complement your new PS4. Its a great gaming investment.

I'll think about it mate