ive never played ff 7....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts

and i wasnt crisis core.... i hear its a prequel so do i have to get ff7 and play through it in order to understand crisis core at all?or is it a true prequel that explains everything....

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I know a lot of people who have CC as their first FF, and they were fine with it
adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adamlovesu
I know a lot of people who have CC as their first FF, and they were fine with itfunsohng
my first ff was 13..... and now i have to get more lmao... i want to get into mgs and ff ..... wahts a good way to get into mgs??? and im just wondering becasue i want to get the most out of the ff7 story....
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

must play. best game ever. final fantasy 7 imO

adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adamlovesu

must play. best game ever. final fantasy 7 imO

uso_outkast
doesnt really answer.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I know a lot of people who have CC as their first FF, and they were fine with itadamlovesu
my first ff was 13..... and now i have to get more lmao... i want to get into mgs and ff ..... wahts a good way to get into mgs??? and im just wondering becasue i want to get the most out of the ff7 story....

i believe best way to start MGS is to play Twin Snake on GC, but I understand that won't be possible for good majority of people out there. btw, if you are playing CC to get most out of FF7 story, then I suggest just play FF7 first before CC. That's how it was meant to be played.
adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 adamlovesu
[QUOTE="adamlovesu"][QUOTE="funsohng"]I know a lot of people who have CC as their first FF, and they were fine with itfunsohng

i believe best way to start MGS is to play Twin Snake on GC, but I understand that won't be possible for good majority of people out there. btw, if you are playing CC to get most out of FF7 story, then I suggest just play FF7 first before CC. That's how it was meant to be played.

how long is ff7? and i have a wii i just looked up ts.... weird its like mgs1 but with the moves of 2?
XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

I've played Crisis Core and I would say that you don't need to play FF7 to understand Crisis Core. But it would be better if you Wiki up FF7's story, then you'll appreciate Crisis Core's story even more. FF7's too tiring to play through (graphics @.@).

As for MGS, I started with MGS 3 and was fine with it. Then I played Portable Ops. I don't know how the stories in MGS1, 2, 3 are related but I find MGS3's story easy to understand without having to play the previous games.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
FFVII is only $10 on PSN ;)
adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 adamlovesu
FFVII is only $10 on PSN ;)tekken220
yes but has over 40 hours of gameplay.... the graphics and no voice acting seem just a bit to dated for my taste..... does the wiki have the entire story ?
gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gizmo_dave100
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts
personally id still say spend the money and buy ff7, dont worry about the lack of voice acting, books can still be engaging and thats just text...
XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

[QUOTE="tekken220"]FFVII is only $10 on PSN ;)adamlovesu
yes but has over 40 hours of gameplay.... the graphics and no voice acting seem just a bit to dated for my taste..... does the wiki have the entire story ?

It does. But from what I heard, FF7's gameplay is addicting. If you're not a graphics whore like I am, by all means buy it. I can't stand pre-2000 graphics.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
No you don't, but it's a LOT more fun if you did. Because otherwise you won't get a lot of the nostalgia aspects that make the game great and you'll fall kinda short on the experience.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
There's an interesting relationship between Crisis Core and FFVII. Obviously CC was meant to be played after FFVII, since it was made over a decade later, but it also ties in some story aspects from other games and the Advent Children movie. That said, they sorta serve as spoilers for each other... if you play FFVII first, then CC's plot won't really surprise you beyond a "oh wow, so that's how it happened" sort of thing, and many of the major twists will be spoiled. Likewise, if you play CC first, a decent chunk of FFVII's story will be spoiled (some events of Crisis Core are alluded to and discussed throughout the game, but it isn't until well into disc 2 and some optional scenes in disc 3 that it all comes together.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="adamlovesu"] my first ff was 13..... and now i have to get more lmao... i want to get into mgs and ff ..... wahts a good way to get into mgs??? and im just wondering becasue i want to get the most out of the ff7 story....adamlovesu

how long is ff7? and i have a wii i just looked up ts.... weird its like mgs1 but with the moves of 2?

not sure about ff7, havent finished the game yet, but yeah, Twin Snake is basically MGS1's story in MGS2's engine and MGS2 had gameplay mechanic that was vastly improved from its predecessor, but wasn't a radical difference like the transition between MGS3 to MGS4 was
jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts

does the wiki have the entire story ?

Story? What do you mean there's a story to these games?! Of course FF7 is dated, (it came out over 10 years ago after all). But it is pretty good and you can do a lot in it. But you don't HAVE to play it to get the whole experience. But really, you can't got wrong for the price tag.