This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for halololonothalo
halololonothalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 halololonothalo
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

i went to this website on one of the ads on gamefaqs and it said i can get a free ps3 and wii if i fill out 2 surveys and they send you stuff and its free but you have to pay shipping though. Is this a scam, or do you really think they'll send me a free ps3(it said i would get the ps3 in 8 weeks)?

the website looked pretty legit, but still i dont know.It seems to good to be true

mustaf_nur89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mustaf_nur89
Member since 2003 • 658 Posts
link?
r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts
I've heard that those sites will send the product to you, but only after you spam the heck out of everyone you know or some loop-hole. I personally wouldn't ever go with it, but maybe someone with some experience in the matter could give you a better answer...
Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
There is ALWAYS a catch to those sort of sites.  My advice, never trust them.  Before you know it, you'll probably lose more cash than the value of the item/s that they are offering.
NamanOWNSyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 NamanOWNSyou
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Probably a referral site.  I did one for an iPod, and got one.  Not worth doing, though.  The time lost trying to get 5 or 6 people to use an AOL trial is better off put on a part-time job. 
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
That is most definitely a scam. I get several of those a day in my email. I just delete them immediately because there could actually be some software encoding that can get your personal information that they could use to steal your identity.
GreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreenMan
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts
I'd be very careful on the definition of "free". You might not have to pay any cash for the item, technically making it "free", but you might disagree with that when they demand other things in exchange.
halololonothalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 halololonothalo

I checked out another one, it said it was free because there sponsors pay for the system, so you have to fill out 2 of there sponsors things and pay shipping for the stuff then they'll send you the system

halololonothalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 halololonothalo
forget that, there trying to get my credit card number
irk_t_great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 irk_t_great
Member since 2004 • 465 Posts

forget that, there trying to get my credit card numberhalololonothalo

lol. stupid ads...

TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts

Probably a referral site. I did one for an iPod, and got one. Not worth doing, though. The time lost trying to get 5 or 6 people to use an AOL trial is better off put on a part-time job. NamanOWNSyou

Exactly, they do send the rpoduct and the couple people that i know that have done this said it is a pain in the a$$ and in the end wasn't worth it. I wouldn't do it simply because i'm not that desperate to fill those things out and refer people etc just to get a free item, yes a nice item nonetheless but still a pain in the a$$.

bloodhound9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bloodhound9
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
i did that before thinkin I was getin a free hdtv but instead i got a subscription to readers digest i cancelled the order about 10 times before they stopped sendin them so dont do it youll end up with a pain in the a## and the other thing was i had to pay for the subscription
halololonothalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 halololonothalo
did you get the hdtv?
bloodhound9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bloodhound9
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
no all i got was a readers digest subscription i was really angry when i found that out to coz it looked like a legit website but it was a big readers digest scam