Is There Anyone Who HASN'T Bought Uncharted 4 Yet?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

I'm curious to know if there's any PS4 owner who's yet to buy U4 and why.

No criticism if you haven't yet. I liked the game a lot but I'm not dragging my friends to the store to buy it. That said, the game got glowing reviews from critics and the public alike. If there's anyone here you hasn't gotten the game yet: why not?

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Got it day one and beat it three times.

Third time I messed around with the modifiers. Bullet time, infinite ammo, and cell shading. Played the whole game with a hand cannon and sniper.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

Me

Guess it's because I'm too lazy to go out to the store :/

Avatar image for blazingpanzeriv
BlazingpanzerIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlazingpanzerIV
Member since 2016 • 53 Posts

I haven't bought it yet, though mostly that's because I want to wait until I've purchased the games that I know I want before I buy into titles I'm not sure of. I'd like to at least get NASCAR Heat Evolution, Sword art online Lost Song, Ace Combat 7, Sword art online Hollow Realization, and Digimon story cyber sleuth before I look into getting any more games.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I didn't buy it. It looks okay but honestly I dunno, I'm kinda losing my interest in gaming all together (no thanks to the corporate whore-fest going on in the industry). This game just didn't call to me.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@doozie78 said:

(no thanks to the corporate whore-fest going on in the industry).

???

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I haven't got it and won't get it because Uncharted 2 was shallow and unfulfilling.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I'm in Australia, and my PS4 is in Canada. No Uncharted 4 until I get back.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#9 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I haven't got it yet because I'm still playing The Witcher 3 and a few other games. I probably won't be getting it until around Christmas.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I haven't. I definitely want to play it - but I have so many games to work through right now and I'm not huge UC nut so it isn't a "must buy day one" situation for me. I'll probably get to it in the winter

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

Who haven't bought it yet, better wait for sale price, very good game but not a 10\10 game and not a must play right now...waiting will be worth in that case.

ruthaford_jive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ruthaford_jive
Member since 2004 • 519 Posts

Haven't gotten it. I want it though, just trying to save my money for higher priority things. I'll get it eventually though.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I haven't but I definitely will at some point... I'm just working on my backlog now, renting a bunch of games from GameFly so I'm really trying not to purchase games unless I find them on sale for a very good price.

Ryan78134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Ryan78134
Member since 2014 • 218 Posts

I've got a lot of games that I haven't completed yet, both on Xbox 360 & PS4 so getting through them before I purchase any more. Next purchase is most likely going to be Mafia III in October. I'll pick up Uncharted 4 eventually, but maybe not until next year. I preferred the reboot of Tomb Raider to Uncharted.. Never really gelled with Drake as so many Playstation owners have done.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I just bought Rachet and Clank and Im in love with that right now. But I still have so many games to finish before I even think about Uncharted 4.

Fallout 4

Darks Souls 3

MGS5

By the time I finish just those 3 maybe UC4 will be cheaper

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Me as I am still playing through my back-catalogue of games.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elheber

So for most of you, you do want to buy the game but you're willing to wait until you have time. Is there something about Uncharted 4 that makes it easier to set on the backburner? I mean, I get the feeling that other games demand your immediate attention on launch; games that if you don't have time for then you make time for.

Why is it that Uncharted 4 isn't one of those games that you drop everything else for?

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

This is an odd thread because you are asking Uncharted 4 opinions from people who never played the game. "Other games demand your immediate attention"? Uncharted 4 sold like 3 million copies in the first week so a ton of people are dropping everything else and putting their attention on this game. However just because someone doesn't buy a game at launch, it doesn't mean that they have doubts about the game or don't want the game. People are saying that they want to play some of their backlogs before purchasing Uncharted 4. Some people don't have the time to play. Some people don't want to spend $59.99. It doesn't mean that they have doubts about the game or have a negative feeling about the game. It is difficult to get negative responses about a game that a person never played before. It would actually make more sense to get Uncharted 4 opinions from people who actually have and played the game rather than ask "what are your negative views of Uncharted 4?" from people who never played Uncharted 4.

Profilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Profilia  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 2226 Posts

Me. I've never played an Uncharted game. Might try it some day, but I have a large enough backlog right now, so it's always possible that I'll ever get around to the series.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Me. I've never even finished Uncharted 1 and only played a little of Uncharted 2. I do plan to get into this series one day though.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Star67

@elheber: I have played all 3 previous Uncharted games, while I did enjoy the experience of them all the reason I am waiting is because:

I only played through them once and I had no desire to go back and play them again. So for me I don't feel like it's worth $60 to play once and never play again. (Multiplayer for me isn't fun)

Now for $30-40 I'll probably pick it up, but in the meantime I have other games with single player campaigns well above 30hr. play times (Dark Souls 3, Fallout) I can beat Uncharted in under 10hrs. (That's not worth 60 bucks)

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elheber

@BH14: You've got me all wrong.

I'm writing a review for the game. Except instead of a standard "this is all the good stuff and this is all the bad stuff" review, I'm just going to focus on why someone might absolutely like the game yet haven't made the decision to buy the game yet. In other words, I'm writing a review targeted to people who are undecided.

To that end, I need to know why people haven't bought the game yet. If most people say, "I am going to buy it, just not yet," then there's almost no point in me writing the review. If most people say, "I just don't know if I want it yet because so-and-so," then I need to figure out what that so-and-so is so I can focus on it in the review.

I'm not knocking or praising the game, and I'm not berating people who haven't bought it yet. I just want to know what it is that hasn't convinced the people who aren't convinced.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elheber

@profilia: Are there any recent games you've bought and started playing? Or have you avoided absolutely every new game until you're done with your backlog?

@Star67: I see. So it's a value proposition in terms of dollar to hour, and the other Uncharted games never engaged you enough either. I can't say there's anything in U4 that would make you change your mind, so you've probably done the right move for yourself.

@glitch-: You're a great person to ask this then: If you plan to finish any in the original trilogy, are you going to do it in the Uncharted Collection (maybe you got the PS4 bundle?), or do you already have the game(s) on the PS3 and you want to beat it on that?

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BH14

@Star67:

"I can beat Uncharted in under 10hrs."

Are you talking about Uncharted 1 or Uncharted 4? If you mean Uncharted 1, yea that can beat beaten in under 10 hours. There is no way that you can beat Uncharted 4 in under 10 hours. The campaign is about 15 hours to beat which is much longer than the other Uncharted games and that doesn't include trying to get trophies or playing the good multiplayer.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=20077

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BH14

@elheber said:

@BH14:

To that end, I need to know why people haven't bought the game yet. If most people say, "I am going to buy it, just not yet," then there's almost no point in me writing the review. If most people say, "I just don't know if I want it yet because so-and-so," then I need to figure out what that so-and-so is so I can focus on it in the review.

Read what you wrote. So you don't want to hear from the people who said "I am going to buy it, just not yet".... because I have a backlog, waiting for a sale, etc. because that is still a positive response. You said there isn't any point in that response. Just ask "Why do you hate Uncharted 4?" because that is what you want.

You really want to hear NEGATIVE responses for some odd reason. You really want to hear "I don't want the game or hate Uncharted 4 because so-and-so, blah blah blah". This is for your "unbias review" of the game. That isn't really a review of a game as it is simply people talking trash about a game that they have never ever played before. There is a reason why the standard review (pros and cons) approach is better than asking opinions from people who never ever played the game "what do you hate about Uncharted 4?". It is like you asking me or anyone else who haven't played Overwatch..... "Why didn't you purchase Overwatch on launch? Since you didn't get it on launch, what don't you like about Overwatch?"...... My response "Umm. I never ever played it before. I don't know what I don't like about Overwatch. I should try it first.".

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 elheber

@BH14: I'm not sure what your problem with me is. You've not read my review but you're already sure it's going to be negative because I'm asking the people who haven't bought it why they haven't bought it. That doesn't make sense to me.

It is like you asking me or anyone else who haven't played Overwatch..... "Why didn't you purchase Overwatch on launch? Since you didn't get it on launch, what don't you like about Overwatch?"...... My response "Umm. I never ever played it before. I don't know what I don't like about Overwatch. I should try it first.".

I'm not asking why people like or don't like Uncharted 4. That doesn't even make sense; they haven't played it. What I am doing is I'm asking the people who haven't been convinced to buy it why they haven't been convinced despite the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

If the only people who haven't bought Uncharted 4 make up only 5% (example only) of the PS4 population, then I want to write the review for precisely that 5%. I'm only asking why they haven't jumped in yet because I want to know what they're looking for.

I think I'm done having this argument with you. Good day sir.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Star67

@BH14: If that's true then I look forward to playing it. It's just that the other Uncharted games, to me at least, are a little on the short side and don't offer much in replay value.

But I can see why people would go back and play again. Great graphics and story, and I'm sure getting the trophies can be a fun challenge. I'm still on the fence about the multiplayer, I never really got into multiplayer for the other ones.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BH14

You are obviously looking for the negative responses why people don't want Uncharted 4. You even said it yourself that you don't want to hear from people about "wanting to purchase later because they have a backlog". So many people want the game but haven't purchased it yet for certain reasons but you don't want to hear from them because you need negative responses. You said that you want to hear "I didn't purchase or DON'T WANT Uncharted 4 for because so and so...". That is being very negative and this is what your "review" for the game is gonna be about. Forget the standard pros and cons from people who actually played the game. Lets get opinions from people who never ever played the game and MAKE AN UNBIAS REVIEW from that.

When you make your Overwatch review? Don't forget to ask those people who don't want Overwatch and get their opinions.

TheManofPears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheManofPears
Member since 2016 • 284 Posts

I've only ever played the first one and I didn't like it. I've been meaning to play the rest but other games have taken priority over them. I'll pick up the Nathan Drake collection cheap some day and if I enjoy it, I'll buy 4.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm playing Uncharted 4 I'm currently on chapter 11

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I avoided that game. I played Uncharted 2 several years ago and it was terrible in my opinion. I'm a gameplay mechanics and level design kind of guy. Uncharted was more of a back seat driver experience. I like to be at the wheel.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Me.

No interest in the game, Played the first three.

First was an ok game, second was flawed but very good, and the third. . . Was just awful.

Why? Grappling system was a continuous chore and forced far too often, pacing was everywhere, and the multiplayer had a Pay to Win model = my last Uncharted.

So you could say they lost a customer, but that's fine. If someone else likes Uncharted franchise I'm cool with that, just don't defend U3 to me, it was a mess of a game. If you can just ignore all those flaws above. . .I'm just, lost for words. . .

Uncharted as a franchise is hardly the best selling series on the Sony platform anyway, so why you feel everyone has to buy it is beyond me.

I got Ratchet and Clank reboot and hope I enjoy it when I can give it a full playthrough, I loved ToD.

And also enjoy many PlayStation exclusives on PS4. Some of my favorites are Disgaea 5/ TearAway: Unfolded/ and Bloodborne, which I'd rather replay than give Uncharted another chance.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I'm going to buy it at some point, I own and have beaten the first three multiple times but I'm also cheap and rarely buy games when they first release.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Have no interest in it till it's like 20 dollars at the very most.

I'm going to be buying a new 3ds xl soon so that's a lot of new games but for playstation I'm goinng to be getting alienation, final fantasy 15, gravity rush 2, nier automata, persona 5, yakuza 0, yakuza kiwami, yakuza 6, kingdom hearts 3, ni no kuni 3, horizon zero dawn, dark souls 3, doom, hitman, deus ex mankind divided, xcom 2, resident evil 7, mighty no 9, mafia 3, the technomancer, star ocean: integrity and faithlessness, dishonored 2, styx: shards of darkness, shadow warrior 2, mass effect andromeda, the banner saga 2, dragons dogma arisen, disgaea (pc), the dwarves, divinity original sin 2, sniper: ghost warrior 3, kingdom come deliverance, lost ark (though it'll be free I think), yooka-laylee, aer, etc etc on pc/ps4 before I even think about getting uncharted 4 because I put all of those games above it, and that's not including games like katana zero which I need to end up buying and other random games I'll buy and some games I need to beat from recent humble bundles.

That doesn't even include what I'm going to get for new 3ds xl, I haven't even really looked into it but pokemon, mario, monster hunter, etc etc >>>>>>>

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I preordered it, 3 times, when I finally got it ....... weeelllll, it´s still there unopened !

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

I haven't bought it because I have too many other games still to play. I'm bouncing between The Witcher 3, Doom, and Dark Souls 3 at the moment. I want to avoid adding another game to the pile until I've got some space for it. :D

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#38 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Probably get it for my birthday or Christmas. Have a ton of games to plow through Witcher 3, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, The Order, Batman Arkham Knight. Besides if I bought it, I probably won't even play it until I am done with the other games.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Little late to the party, I also haven't picked up the fourth installment simply because I'm busy with other backlog of games I'm still waiting to finish.. In due time, my friend already got the copy so eventually, I will get around. ;p

NFS_monochrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NFS_monochrome
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts

Like most people here I have too many games to play through as well, but despite the beaming reviews I just look at it and have no interest to play it! I have never actually played any Uncharted game :o

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Bought it, finished it, sold it. Didn't like it. The worst game in the series IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@elheber: Yeah I haven't bought it yet. I liked the first 2 games, but I never played the third (thought I think one day I will). I am not a giant fan of the genre, but I do think they are great games.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I bought Uncharted 4 8 days ago. But Haven't even played it yet. Since I have to finish my other back log of games. So I have Uncharted 4, but have not gotten around to playing yet.

randyoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 randyoh
Member since 2015 • 55 Posts

I haven't. Wasn't going to spend $63 bucks(after tax) on a one and done game like the rest of this gens exclusives have been for me. Watched my favorite twitch streamer play through it though.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#45 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

Bought it last week. I'm a massive fan of the series, 2 being the best. But I'm finding this entry a little odd, the pacing is nothing like the others, the new characters are hard to buy into, and the grapple hook comes out far too much. The climbing has been made a bit of a chore. As the others gave me so much enjoyment I don't resent naughty dog get fifty notes from me, but its my least favorite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I definitely want to play it, but I know that I'll be able to get it for under $30 within a year and I have plenty of games in my backlog to keep me busy until then.

Avatar image for rosinmonkekyx17
rosinmonkekyx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rosinmonkekyx17
Member since 2015 • 3019 Posts

I'm too lazy to go to the store or buy it digitally

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Me. I just watched Massive's lets play on it, pretty good.

aMyLoO2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aMyLoO2007
Member since 2003 • 2807 Posts

I have not. I've actually never played any of the Uncharted series o.0

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

Haven't bought it yet since I landed a new job and right now I'm being positioned 3 months in another country for training and didn't bring my PS4 with me. Before I left I bought Evil With In & Assassin's Creed Syndicate and haven't played those either. Didn't know that I will get the job after 3 months of doing the interview lol.