Is there another store other then Gamstop who sells used PS3's/games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cometflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cometflash
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts
Their prices used to be reasonable, but now is just ridiculous. I went there to check the price for a used PS3, a used 160 GB for 289$. I can add 20 bux and go to a regular store and get a new one with warranty, not worth it. So a friend of my have Resident Evil 5 and I was going to get one to play with him, I saw on regular store for 19,99, I check gamestop, 19,99 for a used one. How the hell do they have stores open with such of ridiculous prices? So I wonder, are there other stores that sell used games online? I know it would be best to buy online, but I was hoping to play with him online today. I have a feeling I'll be probably buying the new game, but it helps to know if I need, gamestop is not my only option.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

BestBuy sells used games now, don't know about systems though.

Bujikan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bujikan92
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts

Ilikemyname420
Too bad there arent any BEST BUY's around where I live, I havent seen a Best Buy in over 6 years :/ Im stuck getting ripped off by Gamestop. The only place I can pre-order, trade in, and buy used is at the hell whole that is Gamestop
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts
That's what the internet is for. eBay, Amazon, Half, Craigslist, etc.
cometflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cometflash
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilikemyname420"]

Bujikan92

Too bad there arent any BEST BUY's around where I live, I havent seen a Best Buy in over 6 years :/ Im stuck getting ripped off by Gamestop. The only place I can pre-order, trade in, and buy used is at the hell whole that is Gamestop

Thanks!

I was looking for coupons and found a 10% off one. I also find out there is a game called Brutal Legend going for just 5,99, so I think I will also pick that up as I'm in the store. Another thing I found out is that only Gold Edition will be supporting move, even know I'm not buying move right now, I think I'll just go with Gold thinking on the future when I decide to get move I have a working game.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
Best deals are on craigslist. If your parents say no to that then youre out of luck
Hammerhead72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hammerhead72
Member since 2011 • 224 Posts

I can only really think of online retailers like Amazon, or Ebay, CL, Best Buy or Futureshop.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

ebay...

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#9 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

GameOver does.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Amazon.com
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

dude there are tons online, what i miss are other stores you can actually go to as in *walk in* and look thru used game bins, these stores have almost gone obsolite and far as i know gamestop is the only one that still does it, there used to be store's called planet games that would even mod you're systems but they went out of business ages ago after they had some copy right fued with sony and microsoft. i miss those days.

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

Amazon, half.com, ebay. You can also check your local pawn shops.

My Best Buy doesn't have a good selection on pre-owned games; it's half a shelf basically. They're mostly Wii and DS shovelware, and the prices are basically the same as GameStops (ie. like $3 - 5 lower than a brand new copy). The only pre-owned PS3 games I've seen at BB were Fallout New Vegas and Far Cry 2 :?

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'd say half.com, that's where I get a lot of my games/CDs/DVDs. I did this for a few games such as Tekken 6, which was around $28 in gamestop and $15 on half.com. Not to mention they also sell games for classic systems at really great prices (and if you want games for the original xbox it's the place to go). The best deals there are actually on CDs and DVDs, especially when you can usually get them new cheaper than in stores (which are inrecibly overpriced in stores, especially BBC stuff like old Doctor Who's), and getting them used is usually a great deal. I've really given up on getting games at gamestop unless it's pretty reasonable or I just want the instant satisfaction. So basically, if you need any disc based multimedia go to half.com.

T3AM_F1GHT_0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 T3AM_F1GHT_0N
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
You can find cheap games, dvds, cds, and books at glyde.com. I just saw Resident Evil 5 going for $9.25 used and $14.50 new. Shipping is $3.66
edsotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 edsotic
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

You can find cheap games, dvds, cds, and books at glyde.com. I just saw Resident Evil 5 going for $9.25 used and $14.50 new. Shipping is $3.66T3AM_F1GHT_0N

You can access the same deals from Glyde right here on GameSpot. You can sell your games here too.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamemarket/

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I am going to say Play N Trade.

Link71711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Link71711
Member since 2009 • 240 Posts

amazon and ebay are the best places. I just buy amzon gift cards. You get alot of good cheap deals on amazon.

lnknprk_45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lnknprk_45
Member since 2010 • 2013 Posts

Amazon is a great alternative to Gamestop because they also take in trade ins. Amazon's trade in values are usually better than Gamestop's unless you stack bonus % trade in values. When you buy used games from Gamestop your only browsing their inventory, where on Amazon you'll be browsing through multiple merchants. Amazon Warehouse is the seller you're looking for when buying used games because Amazon Warehouse belongs to Amazon, so free shipping on 25$+ orders.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

Well I use GameStop, GameSpot GameMarket or GoHastings.com