Is there a way to "clean up" PS4's home menu?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

I'm not a fan of all the games I've ever owned/downloaded having their icons displayed on my homescreen. Is there a way to have a drop down menu with all my games listed (such as the video section having a dropdown of Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, etc?) similar to PS3. I'm an organization freak and seeing the horizontal list of games is very bothersome to me. It's very minor, and not something I lose sleep over by any means. Just wondering if there is any way to "clean up" the home screen at all besides deleting icons altogether, which I would rather not do? Is it me or has the PS family never really had a great looking home menu...

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

At the moment with the latest 3.10 Firmware update there are few ways that you can view your content to my knowledge. You can view separate drop menu for "Games", "Movies" and "Application" individually. Scroll to the right hand side of the PS4 XMB to view it. You can also click Options on the DS4 and sort them out by most recently downloaded and used which helps selecting your most recent library easier.

You can also limit how many icons are displayed on your Home screen by the latest 15 used apps. Here is a handy video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgbc0ioWUS0

I would love to see updated firmware where we can manually customize which folders to have on the home screen and which we want removed, that includes games, video, apps etc. As of right now, there are all the options we have. Personally, it's not a problem for myself, the UI is quick, fast and easy to navigate, but I would to see the option to organize my own XMB.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

It bothers me too. I even e-mailed Sony to let them know this could use some reworking. I even purposed a third layer where all the games would be and keep the normal layer and the top layer as it is.

Open_Lane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Open_Lane
Member since 2018 • 74 Posts

Seems ridiculous that there isn’t a better way to do this, but i added a “games” folder to the dashboard, which when i enter it, functions as a third row on the home screen. It adds a step to accessing the games, but i prefer having it organized alphabetically in a sub-category this way, rather than having it cluttered the default way. I just started doing it this way tonight, and so far, i prefer it like this.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Hella bump