Is there a point in buying a PS2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TKandPBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TKandPBC
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
Alright so I'm big on BC. I was one of the unfortunate ones who didnt get a PS2 and I missed out on the 60GB. I looked to buy a 60GB a couple months back, but my $700 CAN offer was dwarfed by a $1200 offer on kijiji. Now, the price of a ps3 + a ps2 is cheaper than the 60GB. So, with walmart's huge sale this week i thought i would pick up a ps2 for $60. But now Sony says they're gonna offer PS2 games online. I have two questions: Should I buy the PS2 or just download the games when they come online? Also, is the 120GB enough if I choose to d/load? I plan on getting a lot of those classics that I missed on (8ish Final Fantasy games, 3 MGS games, and Shadow of Collosus) so HD space might be tight, especially with the need to install PS3 games. Thanks in advance!
anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

The whole PS2 game library coming to PSN for download is only a rumor, it has not been confirmed by Sony.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#3 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

The whole PS2 game library coming to PSN for download is only a rumor, it won't happen for sure.

anotherone10
don't say it's for sure or not sure. it's still a rumor, but we'll have to see at TGS for confirmation. having PS2 games being sold over PSN for PS3 is a pretty big thing to announce, so we'll have to wait and see.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
Alright so I'm big on BC. I was one of the unfortunate ones who didnt get a PS2 and I missed out on the 60GB. I looked to buy a 60GB a couple months back, but my $700 CAN offer was dwarfed by a $1200 offer on kijiji. Now, the price of a ps3 + a ps2 is cheaper than the 60GB. So, with walmart's huge sale this week i thought i would pick up a ps2 for $60. But now Sony says they're gonna offer PS2 games online. I have two questions: Should I buy the PS2 or just download the games when they come online? Also, is the 120GB enough if I choose to d/load? I plan on getting a lot of those classics that I missed on (8ish Final Fantasy games, 3 MGS games, and Shadow of Collosus) so HD space might be tight, especially with the need to install PS3 games. Thanks in advance!TKandPBC
I say get a PS2 if you want to play older games. Just like the releases of the PS1 classics on the PSN store, only certain games are going to get released, and you could be left waiting for that one game you wanted to play. Given that there's quite a few games you want to play I'd say play it safe and just get a PS2 and the games that you want to play. Oh, and add Ico to your list if you've never played it. :P
bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

no just get a ps2, online downloads are likely to get overpriced anyways, and you wont be able to choose from the entire library. ps2 is the best system of all time. its library is endless if you like great single player games.

slyr114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slyr114
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
just get a used one for 80 bucks, and buy rly cheap ps2 games off ebay, thats best method or a new one for 100
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Too early to be asking this since it's just a rumor at this point.