is the psp dying or just being born??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 ZackPSP
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

what's alll this *** about the psp being a waste of money, or that the system is dying,

I thought the psp was just getting better, I mean, the games have improved a lot, and with more FF coming up the fun won't stop

so what about it?

iamthe1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 iamthe1ne
Member since 2003 • 628 Posts

what's alll this *** about the psp being a waste of money, or that the system is dying,

I thought the psp was just getting better, I mean, the games have improved a lot, and with more FF coming up the fun won't stop

so what about it?

ZackPSP
the psp is not dying, it's just having a slow year, great games are released this year but few in numbers compared to numbers of releases before. just wait for 2009. i just hope sony brings out the big guns
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
I cant wait for Kingdom Hearts,Resistance, Dissidia and all the other cool games releasing next year. The PSP is far from dead. My wallet is though...
iamthe1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iamthe1ne
Member since 2003 • 628 Posts
i just hope konami and kojima productions plans to create a new metal gear game for the psp... since they're already finished with MGS4 for the ps3
jhuuueee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 jhuuueee
Member since 2006 • 338 Posts
Its far from over.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

This year there were some amazing titles released on PSP, just not as much as fans expected... surely the PSP is doing well and with some amazing titles coming up next year, its far from being a dying handheld...

Resistance, Parasite EVE, FF's games, KH, Patapon2 etc are some of the games i am gonna get...

PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

I love my PSP. Things are going fine for it. I would say it is much like a teen. Mistakes have been made as well as a lot of growth but there is still more potential for the PSP than achievements. Lots of people are buying. As for the games on PSP, well.....it has been REALLY slow from the summer to now and not too many titles are coming before X-mass. I think it would have been nice for something great and new to have come out in the fall. A big game that would go alone nice with all the new 3000's. It is a shame that none of the FF games or birth by sleep are gonna hit 2008. No resistance?

elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts

Its just a back and forth system. period.

and like many systems it will have high points and low points, but i think 2009 will be an excellent year for the psp and will probably achieve record breaking sales in games.

lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
hate to tell you guys....i work in a game shop and i sell like...one psp every 2 weeks. in comparison to literally 50 ds a day, 20 360s and 15 ps3's. its dying...we dont even have a bay for psp anymore :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
That's just one isolated store. Seems like sales overall are up, so I don't think the PSP is dying. 2009 looks like a great year. I'm getting a 3000 soon, and can't wait for Patapon 2 to come out.
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
lewis has a point. I think there is a difference from the PSP dying and PSP games dying. Anything you compare to DS will seem like it is dying.
ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZackPSP
hate to tell you guys....i work in a game shop and i sell like...one psp every 2 weeks. in comparison to literally 50 ds a day, 20 360s and 15 ps3's. its dying...we dont even have a bay for psp anymore :(lewisg1212
You can't judge by looking at one store, besides, seeing all this great comments of people who love their PSP and waiting for those great games... 2009 has got to be a great year I guess b.t.w: I think most stores in Europe (Belgium) sell more PSP's than DS, I think the DS is only worth buying for the pokemon games, and zelda and some FF
ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZackPSP
I'm sorry I can't agree with you on that
ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZackPSP
gotta save the X-mas money than, atleast that's what I'm gonna do, to buy FF agito
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#15 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
it is doing just fine! And 2009 i think will be a great year.
SL4IN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SL4IN
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
The system hasn't had a new release in the States since around early November. The games coming next year are spaced out as well (the ones worth picking up that is). To me, it looks like the system is dying, although Sony continues to say its not. The PSP is the only system I've owned that I've been back and forth with, getting rid of it, then getting a new and repeating the process a few times, I've done nothing like that with the DS. I think the PSP was a good try by Sony this go around, but they really need to step back, stop making themselves look silly, and just hold out to release the PSP2 or whatever they choose to call it instead of releasing these yearly model updates that equate to absolutely nothing but confusing the consumer on what "version" PSP to buy.
darkPSPfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 darkPSPfan
Member since 2007 • 4934 Posts

so what about it?

ZackPSP
urm not everyone likes ff's and rpg's. i sure dont. anyway, ya i dont think that the psp is dying. it just has...erm...its...rest?
Edzem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Edzem
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

That's just one isolated store. Seems like sales overall are up, so I don't think the PSP is dying. 2009 looks like a great year. I'm getting a 3000 soon, and can't wait for Patapon 2 to come out.jimkabrhel

I am afraid it is not isolated, I see it everywhere ( or maybe I should say " I dont see it" ) Even though there are more than 400 PSP games, most stores has at best 20 new titles and some preplayed games. At one EBgames/Gamestop store the PSP games was put at the back of the store , like it was put to shame or something.

I complained to the store-manager about it, he tried to explain that "the EBgames boss" wanted it that way, I asked " what do you mean", he said something about PSP´s and games not selling. Then I said " well no wonder when the PSP games are hitten at the back of store, then he said, well the PSP is not selling compared to the DS, so my impression was that EBgames could not care less about the PSP.

At another game store, where I was looking for PSP games he said "yeah we have a few ( he had 3 titles and some UMD´s ) ) but the store was not going to ordrer anymore PSP games, It was over. I was thinking hmmmmmmm.....

This is pretty BAD I guess, but I will buy games through the internert, but I am also thinking about writing a hand-written letter to John Kolller addressing the problem about me owning a PSP and not being able to buy games at stores.

I see commercials for the PSP everywhere, but no games for the PSP itself. It is like Sony is luring people to buy the PSP knowing the problems about games, or should I say the lack of games.

dragonballdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dragonballdan
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
8)They is a lot of psp games selling,but most psp games are sold in japan.
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

so what about it?

ZackPSP

Do you really need to start this up again?......

ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ZackPSP
[QUOTE="lostcali8"][QUOTE="ZackPSP"]

so what about it?

Do you really need to start this up again?......

explain.
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

Theres a post with the exact same topic a whole 5 or 6 posts down from yours.

Its post count is in the 50's. Nevermind though, as these topics pop up about that often anyway..

NullCelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 NullCelot
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

all the *** about the psp dying is wrong

stop talking about it, cuz you all keep comparing the psp to the ds. uif the ds wasnt there, youd all say its going great. stupid children that own ds's buy every game that they see, which is nintendos gain.Thats why people say the psp is dead. Also, because the psp doesnt have a game created everyday doesnt mean that it sucks. The ds has a new game released every week. and half of them are just games that arent even good. It;snot being born either.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Dying? no.. Being slowly strangled to death by Sony's incompetence, indecision, and clear lack of goals? I think so.
ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZackPSP
[QUOTE="lostcali8"]

Theres a post with the exact same topic a whole 5 or 6 posts down from yours.

Its post count is in the 50's. Nevermind though, as these topics pop up about that often anyway..

almost every post pop's up every once in a while, I think everybody knows, so don't complain (I don't mean to be rude or anything :) )