Is the MAG community still alive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I'm tempted to pick up MAG for $6 but I'm wondering if the online community is still active. Also, are there bots you can play against (in case no one is playing after all)?

FancyRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FancyRaptor
Member since 2011 • 110 Posts

The MAG community is still very much alive and kicking. It's easy to find a full match and the longest I have ever had to wait would maybe be a few minutes to find a match so I doubt you will have any trouble.

MAG doesn't have bots by the way.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

basically same as the person above me said. I know once the ps network came back I played the game for a good month and never had a problem getting into a game. It seemed like after the outage more people went back to MAG, though I could be wrong with that, it just seemed a lot easier to get into a match.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

Mag community is very alive. It seems theyve upgraded a lot of things and it runs sort of like an RPG MMO FPS. Meaning as you level up you earn more skill points to improve your character etc... example: a lvl 1 will not have the same perks and upgrades a lvl 75 will have....so lvl 1s might die quickly....

this is why some COD players quit early when they play Mag.... its a progression game (level up for more skill points not just for the looks of a higher level).

Teamwork has also improved DRASTICALLY since it first came out. Now people know how to play the game and defend objectives properly...

when mag first came out Domination mode (256 players) was mayhem. It was like giving a free way to a bunch of un licensed drivers. but now everyone knows how to drive ;)

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

MAG is still pretty alive. I had no problem finding a 256 player match.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
For the love of all the is good in gaming to not pick up that game. I know I will most likely get a lot of hate for this... But the game is just bad. Honestly, the majority of free to play shooters that you would find on PC have better visuals, animations, and shooting mechanics. If you are set on getting it, at least try the demo first.
AJV91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AJV91
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts

I'm tempted to pick up MAG for $6 but I'm wondering if the online community is still active. Also, are there bots you can play against (in case no one is playing after all)?

Black_Knight_00
MAG for $6? WHERE?! At Gamestop it's $18. Never played MAG but my cousins keep telling me to pick it up. For $6, I'll get that ASAP.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

AJV91
MAG for $6? WHERE?! At Gamestop it's $18. Never played MAG but my cousins keep telling me to pick it up. For $6, I'll get that ASAP.

Game.co uk Probably no luck for you, if you're in the US: it's a UK store, you'd spend the money you'd save in postage
dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

[QUOTE="AJV91"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

Black_Knight_00

Game.co uk Probably no luck for you, if you're in the US: it's a UK store, you'd spend the money you'd save in postage

???... so it's not $6, it's £6, & it's pre-owned. still i'd say go for it if you play a lot of online fps.

also i really feel like adding a "this thread again" pic, but it's just not my style. :/

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="AJV91"] MAG for $6? WHERE?! At Gamestop it's $18. Never played MAG but my cousins keep telling me to pick it up. For $6, I'll get that ASAP. dan_gerous87

???... so it's not $6, it's £6, & it's pre-owned. still i'd say go for it if you play a lot of online fps.

also i really feel like adding a "this thread again" pic, but it's just not my style. :/

Yeah I forgot £6 are like two million US dollars Preowned games at Game are just like new
louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

[QUOTE="dan_gerous87"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Game.co uk Probably no luck for you, if you're in the US: it's a UK store, you'd spend the money you'd save in postageBlack_Knight_00

Yeah I forgot £6 are like two million US dollars Preowned games at Game are just like new

Its 8 dollars on amazon