Is RSV2 good enough to take me away from COD4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
is it time to switch shooters now? i mean i loooove COD4 but ive been playing it forever now and have gotten most of the upgrades/levels. But man! i dont know what to do cuz now the new COD4 maps are gonna come out too!! i still enjoyed the first RSV but i cant deicde if i should get RSV2 now or later..
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts

Lol.

There is such a thing as playing 2 games. Might want to check this concept out. I'm gonna be switching back and forth but mainly playing Vegas 2.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
CoD4 is stressing me the hell out. stupid campers/martyrdom, naders.. etc. annoys the hell out of me and ruins the game. i think i'm gonna rest from shooters and go back to action/adventure games.
tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts

Lol.

There is such a thing as playing 2 games. Might want to check this concept out. I'm gonna be switching back and forth but mainly playing Vegas 2.

Devourment423

of course there is such a thing as playing 2 games......but i dont know if i can play 2 shooters at once. For me, i start liking one over the other, which then i ignore the other game. in this case ill probably be playing RSV2 more than COD4 now

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I stopped playing COD4 last month for the simple fact that I got extremely bored with it. I can't wait to get R6V2.
siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts
It ceratainly has not swayed me into defection yet. COD4 is the way to go.
haesuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 haesuse
Member since 2007 • 739 Posts

ok so i did 10 times already and here is 11th:

CoD4 is getting a set of new maps and a few other things in an expansion in april. Also take everything you know about the awesomeness of CoD4!

R6V2 is already getting bad reviews on a simple account. Graphics still crappy like in the 1st one, Online play modes are a terrible rip-off from CoD4 just adjusted to R6. Story mode is a lame excuse to finish what they started and from what i understand it could have been done in 2 xpac missions instead of another $60 game.

So i think what it comes down to is what you like more. R6 is still gonna be rock solid online, specially with the awesome new leveling system. but it will feel odly familiar (read: like CoD4). It is tactical slower paced shooter with the best weapon arsenal around, while CoD4 plays kinda completely different.

I am personally staying with CoD, at least until the xpac and if that dissapoints i am heading to R6!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I'll play both, I cant wait for R6V 2 though. I would advise you to try out R6V 2, just because a few gaming sites nitpick over minor issues doesnt mean you shouldnt give the game a chance.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

Sadly No!!!!

I dont play COD4 anymore, but it set the bar too high and wil for awhile. Graphics, gameplay, extra options!!!

RSV2 seems like it is trying so hard to push this game as a true next gen and is does not!!!!!Guns just dont feel good, graphics have improved but not much, sucks but after seeing COD4 in HD and playing it of course, this game might be for fans only.

And Clany games price drop quick and get pretty low!!!

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
Oh plus with the new patch and boards coming soon!!! Definitely Not!!!!
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
Nothing will take you away from COD4 and RSV2 won't do it anyway, doesn't have anything over COD4. COD4 isn't normal man this game is an exception! I just can't see myself enjoying an online game like I am currently in COD4! COD4 is AWESOME! PERIOD!
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
From what I have heard, absolutely NOT! It sounds like the same issues that had me playing GRAW over R6V 1 are still there. I gave up GRAW 2/COD 3 for COD4 and there is no way R6V 2 can take over. Especially with the map pack coming out for COD4.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
CoD4 is stressing me the hell out. stupid campers/martyrdom, naders.. etc. annoys the hell out of me and ruins the game. i think i'm gonna rest from shooters and go back to action/adventure games. GUNpoint_
I have done that a couple of times. Im finishing Ratchet right now. I might be back on COD4 next week for a time before...Gran Tourismo Prologue!!! As for campers, I dont see them much outside of TDM or Hardcore. Then again I usually play Domination, Headquarters or Sabatoge. Campers dont show up much in there cause you will lose those if you camp. Martyrdom is what it is. Its a great tactic on Headquarters.