Is Resident Evil 5 too scary for me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts

Hi guys, I'm not a fan of scary games or horror stuff in general. Played RE4 until this giant monster alien boss or whatever it was. RE4 wasn't THAT scary too me but kept me awake one or two nights (:P). I guess I've got too much imagination. For example Ravenholm in HL² wasn't really scary at all. I thought it was a great fun. Now RE5 got my attention just because everyone is playing it and it just seems to be not a real scare. First off: The setting is placed in Africa -> sunny weather as it is shown in the screenshots. And from what I've seen it isn't really only about zombies. I mean most of the time you fight against those village people (:P) went mad. So what to you think? Can you recommend RE5 to a gamer who hates horror games?

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Hi guys, I'm not a fan of scary games or horror stuff in general. Played RE4 until this giant monster alien boss or whatever it was. RE4 wasn't THAT scary too me but kept me awake one or two nights (:P). I guess I've got too much imagination. For example Ravenholm in HL² wasn't really scary at all. I thought it was a great fun. Now RE5 got my attention just because everyone is playing it and it just seems to be not a real scare. First off: The setting is placed in Africa -> sunny weather as it is shown in the screenshots. And from what I've seen it isn't really only about zombies. I mean most of the time you fight against those village people (:P) went mad. So what to you think? Can you recommend RE5 to a gamer who hates horror games?

uRan_Ehr

Yes, I admit it wasn't that scary, apart from the levels where you are trapped in underground caves. Still very ejoyable and would recommend it to any who loves gory action with zombies. :)

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
RE5 doesn't even try to be a horror title. It's an action thriller through and through. There are a couple of tense moments and times that may cause you to panic a little but it's far from being a scary game.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

uRan_Ehr

Its fine. You can play it. You just gotta get used to the monster design.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 uRan_Ehr

Maybe I should play the demo? I thought the "monster/zombie" in RE4 were quite ... plain. I expected hordes of deadly zombies and got some angry farmmen.

PS: The zombie Spaniards at the end of Uncharted were the most creepiest stuff I've ever seen in a videogame. It was a pain go back to the game after they occured. Watched some walkthrough videos on youtube so I new what exactly I had to do and so I made it and in the end I just thought those things were a bit annoying but nothing to get scared. But at the beginning in this old shelter ... maaan.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uRan_Ehr
[QUOTE="delta4062"]dude honeslty how old are you? 1 Their are no aliens in Resident Evil AT ALL 2 You were scared from the cursed spaniards in Uncharted? serioulsy? WTF!? 3 If you found re4 scary you will most likely find this scary i suggestiong grow a pair of balls 1st we dont want n00bs like you who panic all the time online everytime they see a majini

I'm 19 years old but that's no matter of age. As someone stated in another thread, some people - like me - are scared by all those zombie stuff because we got a lot of imagination which is also the reason why we enjoy some other stuff more than you. And maybe I said it wrong but not the cursed Spaniard themself scared me but the atmosphere in this old shelter.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silent-Hal
I recommend you go and play Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly. You'll love it, I swear :P...
krylon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 krylon36
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

im a jumpy person and the only game that has scared me this gen has been dead space. youd think with graphic improvements games would be scarier but the stuff i was playing in 2004 (fatal frame, doom III)...most current games dont even come close.

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
[QUOTE="delta4062"]dude honeslty how old are you? 1 Their are no aliens in Resident Evil AT ALL 2 You were scared from the cursed spaniards in Uncharted? serioulsy? WTF!? 3 If you found re4 scary you will most likely find this scary i suggestiong grow a pair of balls 1st we dont want n00bs like you who panic all the time online everytime they see a majiniuRan_Ehr
I'm 19 years old but that's no matter of age. As someone stated in another thread, some people - like me - are scared by all those zombie stuff because we got a lot of imagination which is also the reason why we enjoy some other stuff more than you. And maybe I said it wrong but not the cursed Spaniard themself scared me but the atmosphere in this old shelter.

scare you because you have alot of imagination? dude if your going to give an excuse make it a passable one me and my mate have a wild imagination and it taks ALOT to scare us now you going to give me a REAL excuse?
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 delta4062

im a jumpy person and the only game that has scared me this gen has been dead space. youd think with graphic improvements games would be scarier but the stuff i was playing in 2004 (fatal frame, doom III)...most current games dont even come close.

krylon36
indeed even though i LOVE dead space nothing compares to silent hill 3
krylon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 krylon36
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

I recommend you go and play Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly. You'll love it, I swear :P... Silent-Hal

scariest. game. ever. it actually makes me angry theres not a current gen fatal frame in the works...erhm wii isnt current gen to me.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uRan_Ehr
[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"][QUOTE="delta4062"]dude honeslty how old are you? 1 Their are no aliens in Resident Evil AT ALL 2 You were scared from the cursed spaniards in Uncharted? serioulsy? WTF!? 3 If you found re4 scary you will most likely find this scary i suggestiong grow a pair of balls 1st we dont want n00bs like you who panic all the time online everytime they see a majinidelta4062

scare you because you have alot of imagination? dude if your going to give an excuse make it a passable one me and my mate have a wild imagination and it taks ALOT to scare us now you going to give me a REAL excuse?

So what is a real "excuse" for being someone who gets scared my zombies and such stuff easily? I find your choice of words very funny. I have to give an excuse why I'm easily scared ... lulz ....
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 delta4062
[QUOTE="delta4062"][QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"] I'm 19 years old but that's no matter of age. As someone stated in another thread, some people - like me - are scared by all those zombie stuff because we got a lot of imagination which is also the reason why we enjoy some other stuff more than you. And maybe I said it wrong but not the cursed Spaniard themself scared me but the atmosphere in this old shelter.uRan_Ehr

So what is a real "excuse" for being someone who gets scared my zombies and such stuff easily? I find your choice of words very funny. I have to give an excuse why I'm easily scared ... lulz ....

i find you hilarious you get **** scared of zombies because you have alot of imagination....honestly how does alot of imagination make you easily scared by zombies?
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 delta4062

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]I recommend you go and play Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly. You'll love it, I swear :P... krylon36

scariest. game. ever. it actually makes me angry theres not a current gen fatal frame in the works...erhm wii isnt current gen to me.

after Sh5 as a flop i wonder if ANYTHING this gen can be made truly horrifying Siren Blood Curse was a decent shot at it
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uRan_Ehr
[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"][QUOTE="delta4062"] scare you because you have alot of imagination? dude if your going to give an excuse make it a passable one me and my mate have a wild imagination and it taks ALOT to scare us now you going to give me a REAL excuse?delta4062

i find you hilarious you get **** scared of zombies because you have alot of imagination....honestly how does alot of imagination make you easily scared by zombies?

Maybe you don't understand me correctly. When I actually play the game zombies or so don't affect me or scare me. I mean those are a bunch of pixels I kill. But then when it's really dark outside and only a fat and round moon shines and a woman cries something near the street I'm living on it thrills me. Got some problems to sleep than. Nothing special but still I love to sleep and I hate it when I can't sleep.
joelgargan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joelgargan
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"][QUOTE="delta4062"]dude honeslty how old are you? 1 Their are no aliens in Resident Evil AT ALL 2 You were scared from the cursed spaniards in Uncharted? serioulsy? WTF!? 3 If you found re4 scary you will most likely find this scary i suggestiong grow a pair of balls 1st we dont want n00bs like you who panic all the time online everytime they see a majinidelta4062

Seriously people are scared of what they are scared of.

Dontdiscriminate, appreciate.

On the subject, if the spaniards in the end of Uncharted scared you, the beasties in RE5 might give you an occasional freak out, but nothing to severe. Just play in short (like 30 minutes w/5 minute breaks) OR play co-op online or local, takes like 99% of the scare factor out.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Silent-Hal
[QUOTE="krylon36"]

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]I recommend you go and play Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly. You'll love it, I swear :P... delta4062

after Sh5 as a flop i wonder if ANYTHING this gen can be made truly horrifying Siren Blood Curse was a decent shot at it

Yeah Homecoming wasn't very scary at all. I don't really see anything this gen meeting the horror heights of last gen. Like you said, Siren is probably the closest anyone has gotten so far. Maybe if Fatal Frame IV wasn't currently a Japan only Wii exclusive...
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 uRan_Ehr

[QUOTE="delta4062"][QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"] I'm 19 years old but that's no matter of age. As someone stated in another thread, some people - like me - are scared by all those zombie stuff because we got a lot of imagination which is also the reason why we enjoy some other stuff more than you. And maybe I said it wrong but not the cursed Spaniard themself scared me but the atmosphere in this old shelter.joelgargan

On the subject, if the spaniards in the end of Uncharted scared you, the beasties in RE5 might give you an occasional freak out, but nothing to severe. Just play in short (like 30 minutes w/5 minute breaks) OR play co-op online or local, takes like 99% of the scare factor out.

Co-op seems to be the complete right thing for me. Local co-op is with splitscreen?
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 delta4062

[QUOTE="delta4062"][QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]

uRan_Ehr

Yeah Homecoming wasn't very scary at all. I don't really see anything this gen meeting the horror heights of last gen. Like you said, Siren is probably the closest anyone has gotten so far. Maybe if Fatal Frame IV wasn't currently a Japan only Wii exclusive...

True looking at the very first gameplay of the first version of ree4(the one in the airship and those demonic dolls) that seemed like it had horror maybe they should go back to that original design but with a new OP( resident evil isnt paranormal its biological)

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 delta4062
[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"][QUOTE="joelgargan"]

scare you because you have alot of imagination? dude if your going to give an excuse make it a passable one me and my mate have a wild imagination and it taks ALOT to scare us now you going to give me a REAL excuse?delta4062

Co-op seems to be the complete right thing for me. Local co-op is with splitscreen?

IT has online and splitscreen
Rumpelgrumpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rumpelgrumpel
Member since 2009 • 1246 Posts

[QUOTE="joelgargan"]

[QUOTE="delta4062"] scare you because you have alot of imagination? dude if your going to give an excuse make it a passable one me and my mate have a wild imagination and it taks ALOT to scare us now you going to give me a REAL excuse?uRan_Ehr

With a friend on the same ps3 it's splitscreen

online is not splitscreen.

Play with a friend , it's more fun and better , i know :)

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uRan_Ehr

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"][QUOTE="joelgargan"]

delta4062

I guess I'll get it and play it with a friend either online or splitscreen. Don't know if he got the game.

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 delta4062

[QUOTE="delta4062"][QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"] Co-op seems to be the complete right thing for me. Local co-op is with splitscreen?uRan_Ehr

I guess I'll get it and play it with a friend either online or splitscreen. Don't know if he got the game.

Ill play online with you...ill help you overcome your fears! lol
ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
RE5 is not scary, it's action. Read my sig!
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

RE5 is not too scary... might be jut a bit scary and more action...

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

dude honeslty how old are you? 1 Their are no aliens in Resident Evil AT ALL 2 You were scared from the cursed spaniards in Uncharted? serioulsy? WTF!? 3 If you found re4 scary you will most likely find this scary i suggestiong grow a pair of balls 1st we dont want n00bs like you who panic all the time online everytime they see a majinidelta4062

Woah, you don't have to be so harsh. Not everyone is the same.

Anyways, TC its okay. Just something to get used to. If you are so good at imagining them,how hard is it to imagine you with a Rocket Launcher or with super-human strength yourself? Worked when I was really young :P

RE 5 is a great game. Killing the ugly creatures is part of the fun :)

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

(...) Can you recommend RE5 to a gamer who hates horror games?

uRan_Ehr
Yes, the RE5 its more about action than horror, the only "fear" the game offers is when you're surrounded PS. don't start the campaign on online co-op, those guys always want to skip the cut scenes, its really annoying :(
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

uRan_Ehr

Hell no..That S*it fun as hell ^_^

after like code veronica I started to think the Resident Evil games were fun as hell

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"][QUOTE="delta4062"] scare you because you have alot of imagination? dude if your going to give an excuse make it a passable one me and my mate have a wild imagination and it taks ALOT to scare us now you going to give me a REAL excuse?delta4062

You serious? you don't know what will happen to a person who plays a scary game and then goes to sleep?
marcoperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 marcoperr
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
PLEASE HELP! My brother is currently playing RE5, and is on level 6. Every time I go to 'Play Game' it allows me to only continue his game, or choose whatever level I want to start from, but with his ammo and items. Why can't I start a new game??????
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uRan_Ehr

Just to let you know: I've downloaded the demo and played it (game over when this axemanthing killed Sheva because I didn't know how to reload ammu :P) and I have to admit when this should be a survival horror game they could have tried more. I actually thought it was really funny. I definetly get the game along with GTA: CTW :)

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Most resident evils were not scary to begin with.. Sure there might have been a jump out event a few times through out the game.. People seem to blurred with nostalagia imo.. Resident Evil 2 had a creepy and awesome atmosphere.. But was it extremely scary? No, infact the majority of the jump out events had to do with how unwieldy your character was and how bad the camera was.
im_a_recon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 im_a_recon
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
RE5 isnt scary if u want 2 b scared i dare u 2 play fatal frame
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silent-Hal

Just to let you know: I've downloaded the demo and played it (game over when this axemanthing killed Sheva because I didn't know how to reload ammu :P) and I have to admit when this should be a survival horror game they could have tried more. I actually thought it was really funny. I definetly get the game along with GTA: CTW :)

uRan_Ehr
I don't what you've heard about this game but it sure as hell isn't a survival horror game :P. It's an action title with some horror trappings.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Its soo strange that my worset memories from a videogame are from doom. I would watch my dad play it when I was five I think or younger. Those Huge round monsters with the eye and the teeth still give me a nightmare or two once every blue moon. The Uncharted Spaniards scared me for a while when I first saw them, - it was midnight at the time. But now they are harmless.

I haven't been scared from a videogame in a long time and looking for something scary but not like violent at the same time. Is there a game I would like? I was thinking about getting Bioshock but how scary is it and how violent is it? Maybe I would prefer psychological horror rather than violent physical horror.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Silent-Hal

I haven't been scared from a videogame in a long time and looking for something scary but not like violent at the same time. Is there a game I would like? I was thinking about getting Bioshock but how scary is it and how violent is it? Maybe I would prefer psychological horror rather than violent physical horror.

Zidaneski

Bioshock isn't scary at all, it's a cake walk as far as horror goes. It does have a genuinly creepy atmosphere but it has little in the way of genuine scares. You just get so powerful over the course of the game that nothing comes across as a genuine threat (especially since there's no penalty for death with the Vita Chambers turned on).

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
other than some of the realistic design of some enemies its not scary only alittle in the caves i guess, i laughed at that bit i was walking with the torch while the other guy online was shooting i moved my torch the otherway so he can't see he shouted and ran away i laughed so much.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
I'm with you man - I hate horror games and I can admit, I'm scared easily. BUT, I managed to get through Dead Space, so RE5 will be easy.
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
lol scared of a game, i can understand tension or getting jumpy at certain points but seriously a game scaring you after you played it is quite funny. iv not been scared of anything horror wise since i watched poltergeist when i was about 10-11 i was weary about lookin in mirrors in case there was some old ghost staring back at me :D
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

the only thing that scares me is Dead Space this gen.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
I guess I'll get it and play it with a friend either online or splitscreen. Don't know if he got the game.uRan_Ehr
You are german? Great. Me, too. I shall force you to play co-op with me as soon as I get the game.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

RE5 is really not that scary (especially when you have a co-op partner), but FEAR 2 is a much different story, that game is pretty terrifying

blazin640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blazin640
Member since 2009 • 332 Posts

IMO the better the graphics the less scary a game can be, unless they make a monster really cell shaded and gory and bloody but hey what more can u get.