Is "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception" as good as "The Last of Us&qu

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Farty_Fartsalot
Farty_Fartsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Farty_Fartsalot
Member since 2013 • 192 Posts
yes or no?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Definitely not. The Uncharted 2 team is definitely the A team at Naughty Dog, and they are the team behind The Last of Us.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

No.Uncharted 2 is the best in series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Since I never got into the games I have to ask.  Why do so many people seem to dislike Uncharted 3?  And is it a bad game, or is it just not as good as the other ones?

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Uncharted 3 was bad imo. UC2 is way better. So is TLoU

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Since I never got into the games I have to ask.  Why do so many people seem to dislike Uncharted 3?  And is it a bad game, or is it just not as good as the other ones?

Ovirew

A little bit of both. If you play Uncharted 3 first, you would probably feel it's a solid game on it's own. But if you played Uncharted 2 first, you would see how the mechanics devolved story and gameplay wise. Uncharted 3  has a good co-op, better graphics and a few new combat moves like tossing back enemy grenades and more melee combat, but the single player campaign is pretty short and easy, even on Hard difficulty. The campaign plays more like an interactive movie with sudden QTE's than a fast paced action game that ends just when it starts to get good.

Without spoiling too much, Chapter 2 in Uncharted 3 for instance, could have been a 45 second cutscene. A disappointing final boss fight and the real action doesn't really pick until 3/4's of the game. The first half of Uncharted 3 is mostly platforming and puzzle solving with a few cool action set pieces thrown in for good measure. You can actually get both since they're now both dirt cheap.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Since I never got into the games I have to ask. Why do so many people seem to dislike Uncharted 3? And is it a bad game, or is it just not as good as the other ones?

Ovirew

Uncharted 3 was the weakest of the series IMO, but it is still worth playing for sure.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Hell no.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

No, becuz they are way too different to compare. U3 is cinematic and action set-pieces. With lots of "BANG BANG BOOM!!!".

Ovirew

People dont hate U3 its just that it fell a bit short.

The game was rushed and the story wasnt so well thought out. A big problem too was that ND showed alot of the good parts in trailers and walkthroughs vids, so when you finally played the game itself, you practically had already seen most of the game.

Problem #2 was that there was a character that was really cool, but since the guy who was voicing him had to leave to make a movie durring production, that character was cut half way through the story. It was weird that that character was just axed for no reason when he was a pretty good asset to the story. Alot of people were upset that he was just gone from the story half way through, but then we later found out that the voice actor had to leave.

Problem #3 is that the later part of the story was like they couldnt think of anything new, so they pretty much copy & pasted U2's "Hidden City" set up. And no one really understood what it was that the bad guys were after. I still dont know, some type magic water? some jar in the water with powers? I didnt get that cuz the end felt rushed.

U2 had better flow. U3 was just ok now we are here, but now got to go here, but when we get there the thing we were after that we werent even sure about was not ther, so lets just go back to A, but now there are pirates. And although that pirate section was great, it didnt makes sense to the story cuz it was all for nothing. 

ND admitted that for U3, they came up with the set-pieces first (one of them said that they REALLY wanted to do a cruise ship, so they just did it for the hell of it, just to see if they could do it) and then built the story around it. And as a game it is great, but the story was weak compared to U2.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#10 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

I absolutely loved UC2, but I liked UC3 a little more... That's just me though. I thought it was a really impressive game with an amazing story to end it all.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Uncharted is meh. Uncharted 2 is awesome. Uncharted 3 is awesome...plus one. I loved the last two games of the series so much I think they are basically on par but UC3 has more "holy crap" moments for me.

The Last of Us is amazing! Think awesome plus two. It's just above the Uncharted series.

deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

UC 3 on its own merit was a great game but after playined UC 2 it felt like more of thing same with slightly weaker story line. I felt about UC 3 how I felt after playing Bioshock 2 and GEOW 3

bigt503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bigt503
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

They are both badass, i think it just comes down to personal preference. 

Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

UC3 it's great, the sand level was sick!! 

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

the last of us >>>> uncharted 2 >>>> uncharted 1 >>>>> uncharted 3

The last of us so far is the best game ive played this gen hands down and i havent even finished the game yet

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

The Last of Us was created by the A team of Naughty Dog which also made Uncharted 2.  Both games have better writing and pacing than Uncharted 3.  Niel Druckman definitely left his fingerprints on both games, which can easily be seen from the scores.

Uncharted 3 was still good, but it felt rushed, and the pacing felt off. 

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Well I can say I never had to restart parts of Uncharted 3 due to glitches and cutscenes either not showing the video and playing audio or playing audio but no video.  In terms of quality control, U3 is far superior.  Right now I've had so many issues with The Last of Us that I'd probably recomend U3 (or just say play U2 again).

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

the last of us >>>> uncharted 2 >>>> uncharted 3>>>>> uncharted 1

The last of us so far is the best game ive played this gen hands down and i havent even finished the game yet

kratos_q80
this
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

Drake drove me nuts in UC3 always reaching out and touching walls etc ARRGGHH. 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#20 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

No but still a game worth having in your collection/

CaptainSofa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CaptainSofa
Member since 2011 • 163 Posts

I dont see whats so special about the Uncharted series. Its not a bad game by any means, but its just a basic linear shooter.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

No, becuz they are way too different to compare. U3 is cinematic and action set-pieces. With lots of "BANG BANG BOOM!!!". [QUOTE="Ovirew"]

Since I never got into the games I have to ask. Why do so many people seem to dislike Uncharted 3? And is it a bad game, or is it just not as good as the other ones?

Nengo_Flow

People dont hate U3 its just that it fell a bit short.

The game was rushed and the story wasnt so well thought out. A big problem too was that ND showed alot of the good parts in trailers and walkthroughs vids, so when you finally played the game itself, you practically had already seen most of the game.

Problem #2 was that there was a character that was really cool, but since the guy who was voicing him had to leave to make a movie durring production, that character was cut half way through the story. It was weird that that character was just axed for no reason when he was a pretty good asset to the story. Alot of people were upset that he was just gone from the story half way through, but then we later found out that the voice actor had to leave.

Problem #3 is that the later part of the story was like they couldnt think of anything new, so they pretty much copy & pasted U2's "Hidden City" set up. And no one really understood what it was that the bad guys were after. I still dont know, some type magic water? some jar in the water with powers? I didnt get that cuz the end felt rushed.

U2 had better flow. U3 was just ok now we are here, but now got to go here, but when we get there the thing we were after that we werent even sure about was not ther, so lets just go back to A, but now there are pirates. And although that pirate section was great, it didnt makes sense to the story cuz it was all for nothing.

ND admitted that for U3, they came up with the set-pieces first (one of them said that they REALLY wanted to do a cruise ship, so they just did it for the hell of it, just to see if they could do it) and then built the story around it. And as a game it is great, but the story was weak compared to U2.

We can stop the thread here, everything said that needs to be said.

And no, TLoU is even better than UC2, and that means a lot. Both are definetly two of the most epic games the PS3 Generation had to offer, but you'll never feel about game characters as you did when the end of TLoU showed up. Goddamit, that was freaking emotionally intense!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

U3 is great, but The Last of Us is next level

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Definitely not a bad game but I do consider the original game and Uncharted 2 more to my liking. The Last of Us however is on the different level. A masterpiece. ;)

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Ovirew
UC3 isn't a bad game until you compare it to UC2. If you reverse the order that they came out it wouldn't get so much hate.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Uncharted 3 was a rushed mess that made no sense by the end of it. The last of us has a great story but mediocre gameplay. Both games IMO, aren't worth 60 bucks.