Is PSP worth my money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AZNGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AZNGM
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
See I have a gameboy Colour right now (ah haha funny laugh it up)
And I havent needed a hand held but now I feel like I would like to frag some dudes on my way to school.
UMD Movies HAHAHA forget that Im not buying my movie library on UMD
But yeah it seems to be PWNING the DS no doubt about that but, Is it worth my money?
mGsMadness951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mGsMadness951
Member since 2006 • 588 Posts
i really think it is worth the money. its so much more than just a simple handheld.its got everything.
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
Dude you well not regret it! Its a mini laptop. And there's like 200 games coming out for it this year alone.
Sniper5904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Sniper5904
Member since 2003 • 1086 Posts
I'll be quite honest right here and right now; homebrew makes it infinitely better than what it already is. Buy one if you intend on taking advantage of it.
Andrew0987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Andrew0987
Member since 2004 • 7491 Posts
if you intend to use it to its potential, yes. 
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

If you love gaming (as in a game getting a score of less than AA won't scare you off from getting it, like me) then hell yes. Also, yes if you don't have an mp3 and you want a simple nice media player. Otherwise, no... 

You can get the psp and a 4GB memory stick for less than $300

ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ootp2003
Member since 2006 • 1828 Posts
Yes I do think it is but...Only if you need a cool multi media player. The PSP can play good games (I think there is 257 games in total) play music, movies, photos, videos and you can also use the web on it! Make wallpapers and it will work with the PS3 which is a good thing for all you multi media lovers out there :D
dbhp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dbhp17
Member since 2006 • 399 Posts
Of course not isnt worth your money! If you want awesome games head to the ds!nateistoraw
LOL, fanboy get out, we can all see your sig (FF3, MPH, and SF). I hate my DS, all the games are crap!!! Even FF3 although I gave it a good review a few months ago.... So I'm going to blow some of my dough on a PSP. Don't buy a DS!!
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
You say the PSP is pwning the DS when actually, by sales numbers are TOTALLY the other way around. DS are selling 3(or 4) to every 1 PSP. I love both systems.. but I got PSP for its further potential. The PSP is really nice, the games are cool too.. but it sorta takes a while to get a game started. Feels more like a console.. have to wait for it to boot up, read the disc.. load times.. CG movie loads.. have to press a button to skip out.. then loads again.. finally you get to a menu. Then you have to wait again for the game to load :P DS on the otherhand USUALLY you are playing within 20 seconds or less. So.. all in all.. if you want more mature games, the PSP is the way to go but long load times, low battery arent so good for portabliity and has further potential if you do some research about it. If you want games like Mario Kart.. etc, ast load times, and long battery.. the DS is the way to go. DS doesnt have as good graphics by far though, but as I have found it doesnt bother me for portable games. The screen is small anyhow. Hope this helps!
PS2_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PS2_Forever
Member since 2004 • 572 Posts
PSP is definitally worth your money, add a 4gb memory stick and your laughing :D Online play, video, music, great games, internet, picture viewer Cant complaine, GET IT :D
Darkside5675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 Darkside5675
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts
No. I regret buying it already.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
You get PS1 games, demos and great games here, with a DS you get games, last thing WE GET WEB BROWSWER AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES ONLINE
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Of course not isnt worth your money! If you want awesome games head to the ds!nateistoraw
Care to tell me how the DS can support fast-paced fighting or FPS/TPS games? Because I'd love to hear how. While you are at it explain to me why the DSL has buttons smaller than a coaxial cable.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#15 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
i think its more worth it since its has more value in it hten just games (which are not htat great IMO). i listen to music, play videos, and watch pics more than play video games.
And I havent needed a hand held but now I feel like I would like to frag some dudes on my way to school.
But yeah it seems to be PWNING the DS no doubt about that but, Is it worth my money?
AZNGM
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#16 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

AZNGM

u don't have to buy umd just use limewire and psp video 9

xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts
heh If you have custom Firmware, then you';ll love the fact that I got games sitting on my memory stick right now along side my bought games, i love the system at first I said the same thing what imma do with it, but its a great system, period. You must use it to its full potential though.
danusmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 danusmc
Member since 2004 • 731 Posts
I have a PSP and DS lite and I use the DS lite alot more, even though the only game I have is New Super Mario bros and I've had it since launch. Now that I'm playing more demos for the PSP though, I'm starting to like it more. The Killzone demo was cool and the Medal of Honor demo is awesome. Get a PSP if you want an mp3 player, movie player, and game player.
worubouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worubouk
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts
Dude you well not regret it! Its a mini laptop. And there's like 200 games coming out for it this year alone. Theempire30
yup!
brandontek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 brandontek
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts
If you like handheld stuff, Sony products. Then you basically need to get this. It has everything to it. E-Net,Downloads,Homebrews,Skins,Movies,Games etc,
mnstgngst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mnstgngst
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

a psp is the ideal console :p

you can play games on high quality

and it doesn't make your psp working slower ;)

so... you should buy a psp :)

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
The psp is totally worth it. Yeah the graphics are lightyears better than what the ds has, but the sound is what will impress you. Its kindof hard to hear the ds even with headphones on, but the psp can go to some pretty loud volumes. Online multiplayer is most certainly gaining more games, which will consume hours of your life.
i_own_atrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 i_own_atrc
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
[QUOTE="Cellien"]You say the PSP is pwning the DS when actually, by sales numbers are TOTALLY the other way around. DS are selling 3(or 4) to every 1 PSP. I love both systems.. but I got PSP for its further potential. The PSP is really nice, the games are cool too.. but it sorta takes a while to get a game started. Feels more like a console.. have to wait for it to boot up, read the disc.. load times.. CG movie loads.. have to press a button to skip out.. then loads again.. finally you get to a menu. Then you have to wait again for the game to load :P DS on the otherhand USUALLY you are playing within 20 seconds or less. So.. all in all.. if you want more mature games, the PSP is the way to go but long load times, low battery arent so good for portabliity and has further potential if you do some research about it. If you want games like Mario Kart.. etc, ast load times, and long battery.. the DS is the way to go. DS doesnt have as good graphics by far though, but as I have found it doesnt bother me for portable games. The screen is small anyhow. Hope this helps!

0 the 3 to 1 is only in japan. here it 1.5 to 1 and eroupe its almost even. 4 gb only cost $80 cheaper then an ipod.
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
Definitely, it packs more bang for your buck than any other device period with all of the different things it can do.
goodknight_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 goodknight_13
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts
AZNGM
i personally like the ds better for games but i love the media of a psp, i have 4seasons of red vs blue on my memory stick.
BzPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BzPlayer
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
Simple answer, yes !8)
Super_Jedi7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Super_Jedi7
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
psp=music games net work photos and few other "umenatible fetures"
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrPepper1998
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
 Yea, the PSP's are getting pwned in sales. My DS ate all of them.
bmsaareagles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#29 bmsaareagles
Member since 2007 • 967 Posts
i spent the best $200 of my life on my psp, diffnitly buy one
sebastempo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sebastempo
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

Dude you well not regret it! Its a mini laptop. And there's like 200 games coming out for it this year alone. Theempire30

Really, so many games?

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
Yes. MP3s, Videos, Great Games, Skype, Internet Browser, plus more and the addition of constant firmware updates continuatly evolving the PSP and new features like a GPS and a Camera make the PSP a buy you wont ever regret.
zobi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#32 zobi123
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

get it its like a mini computer and it has over 900 games for it! and has tons of features.

its worth all the money!

BRA2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BRA2K
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts
Ya its worth it theres a lot of good games and what not
laser-pointer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 laser-pointer
Member since 2008 • 584 Posts
buy one right now u wont regret it!
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

Yeah its worth the money easily. It comes with great games, a great multimedia system, firmware updates quickly, Skype, and they release new features.

Not sure its "PWNING" the DS, according to the sales and the crediblity of the people...

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

You say the PSP is pwning the DS when actually, by sales numbers are TOTALLY the other way around. DS are selling 3(or 4) to every 1 PSP. I love both systems.. but I got PSP for its further potential. The PSP is really nice, the games are cool too.. but it sorta takes a while to get a game started. Feels more like a console.. have to wait for it to boot up, read the disc.. load times.. CG movie loads.. have to press a button to skip out.. then loads again.. finally you get to a menu. Then you have to wait again for the game to load :P DS on the otherhand USUALLY you are playing within 20 seconds or less. So.. all in all.. if you want more mature games, the PSP is the way to go but long load times, low battery arent so good for portabliity and has further potential if you do some research about it. If you want games like Mario Kart.. etc, ast load times, and long battery.. the DS is the way to go. DS doesnt have as good graphics by far though, but as I have found it doesnt bother me for portable games. The screen is small anyhow. Hope this helps!Cellien

woah, woah, woah, slow down there man. Long loading times? Low battery? Dude, the Slim has got all that covered.

zobi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37 zobi123
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

[QUOTE="Cellien"]You say the PSP is pwning the DS when actually, by sales numbers are TOTALLY the other way around. DS are selling 3(or 4) to every 1 PSP. I love both systems.. but I got PSP for its further potential. The PSP is really nice, the games are cool too.. but it sorta takes a while to get a game started. Feels more like a console.. have to wait for it to boot up, read the disc.. load times.. CG movie loads.. have to press a button to skip out.. then loads again.. finally you get to a menu. Then you have to wait again for the game to load :P DS on the otherhand USUALLY you are playing within 20 seconds or less. So.. all in all.. if you want more mature games, the PSP is the way to go but long load times, low battery arent so good for portabliity and has further potential if you do some research about it. If you want games like Mario Kart.. etc, ast load times, and long battery.. the DS is the way to go. DS doesnt have as good graphics by far though, but as I have found it doesnt bother me for portable games. The screen is small anyhow. Hope this helps!ChiddaPotta

woah, woah, woah, slow down there man. Long loading times? Low battery? Dude, the Slim has got all that covered.

ya like comon psp is the best handhelp system. DS has nothing!

SHADOX22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SHADOX22
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

It realy worths the money, it has almost everything.

My advice. Get it, its realy good.

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

You get PS1 games, demos and great games here, with a DS you get games, last thing WE GET WEB BROWSWER AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY GAMES ONLINEnevereathim

YES, and DS users have MORE games to play online, sheesh.

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"]

[QUOTE="Cellien"]You say the PSP is pwning the DS when actually, by sales numbers are TOTALLY the other way around. DS are selling 3(or 4) to every 1 PSP. I love both systems.. but I got PSP for its further potential. The PSP is really nice, the games are cool too.. but it sorta takes a while to get a game started. Feels more like a console.. have to wait for it to boot up, read the disc.. load times.. CG movie loads.. have to press a button to skip out.. then loads again.. finally you get to a menu. Then you have to wait again for the game to load :P DS on the otherhand USUALLY you are playing within 20 seconds or less. So.. all in all.. if you want more mature games, the PSP is the way to go but long load times, low battery arent so good for portabliity and has further potential if you do some research about it. If you want games like Mario Kart.. etc, ast load times, and long battery.. the DS is the way to go. DS doesnt have as good graphics by far though, but as I have found it doesnt bother me for portable games. The screen is small anyhow. Hope this helps!zobi123

ya like comon psp is the best handhelp system. DS has nothing!

If you think it has nothing, give out evidence.

l3laZeX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 l3laZeX3
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

no wait for a "psp 2." Only one analog was a joke and adumb mistake. also if you ever had a ps2 you have probably played everything the psp has to offer at a much higher quality. the media is also a joke. good sound my foot. It is not even close to a mini laptop.

The only reason you should get a psp is

a. if you really missed outa lot on the ps2

b. you do not have some form of portable media player esque stuff

c. you are a pirate if you catch my drift

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

totally worth your money... its a great gaming handheld + soo much more.... and if you've got a PS3 its even better...