Is PSP worth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Drunko_Elf
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts

I was thinking of buying PSP because I played my cousins and it was really awsome. All my freinds reckon the PSP is dying and they want me to waste my money on an iPod like them...

Anyways, is a PSP worth getting? I like online play a lot so does it have that and is it easy to access? Also, does it have any cool features like the ability to play movies/music? Are their good games for it?

Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Drunko_Elf
Btw, I own a PS1 and a PS2. I'm into the playstation kinda stuff, im not to fussed with nintendo.
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

The PSP doesn't have a bad MP3 function, but the iPod wins hands down for MP3 playback, but why not be like me and own an iPod AND a PSP? (for games and such..)

So yes, I'd say they're definitely worth it.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

The PSP doesn't have a bad MP3 function, but the iPod wins hands down for MP3 playback, but why not be like me and own an iPod AND a PSP? (for games and such..)

So yes, I'd say they're definitely worth it.

xcryonicx

isnt it obvious that money is a factor, maybe you're RICH

me and him r not

mopamatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mopamatic
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
no the psp is not good get ipod touch
Okami_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Okami_Master
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
PSP can play movies, music, display photos and play games. But, you do need a USB Cable. Either way, both are good.
frompet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frompet
Member since 2005 • 288 Posts
over all i use my ipod a hell of a lot more then my psp and would choose my ipod over it anyday.
sahib1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 sahib1988
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts
nobody really answered his questions

1.yes it is worth getting.and its getting better,definitely not dying
2.Yes,many psp games have excellent online multiplayer which can be accessed though Wi-fi.
3.Yes it plays movies and music,you can surf the internet,and connect with a ps3 and operate a ps3 from your PSP from anywhere in the world.
4.yes it has a lot of good games like Metal Gear Solid,TWO gta games,Tekken,Final Fantasy tactics,Castlevania DXC with many more like god of war to be released this year.

to sum it up,ipod is a better music player but PSP does everything else better,like games,movies,web surfing,and the works.hell,you can even connect it to a tv and there you go watch movies dvd quality on ur tv from ur psp or play games or surf the web.go for it,id say
Viciad0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Viciad0
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

It really worths buying, you can do everything in PSP that you do on ipod and better, maybe expect music...

PSP ftw, and its definnetely not dying now that they have unlock the full psp processor the games will going to be amazing =)

dave2thegrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dave2thegrave
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts
i want to tell you why theyre worth buying. but if i tell you ill get banned from gamespot. but im sure you can find that out for yourself
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts

What a stupid question... The psp is the best portable out there, and its just a bunch of kids saying it's dying because they have been making too many games that are rated M, and their parents won't let them get games that are rated M

And YES the psp is WEEEEELL worth getting, and especially if you have never had one... this will be like a new revolution to you really, I remember when I bought my first psp

canesfan8193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 canesfan8193
Member since 2007 • 477 Posts
PSP is very very good.
darkPSPfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 darkPSPfan
Member since 2007 • 4934 Posts
thinking not to get psp = blasphemy :D at least for me :P
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
If you want paly games get te PSP. If listening to music is your main thing the the ipod is the best sollution.
Avatar image for Cloud_in_midgar
Cloud_in_midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cloud_in_midgar
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
Yes its fantastic. and I-pod's blow ass get yourself a gigabyte memory stick, ausb wire, and a good pair of head phones and your PSP will poseas both (plus movies and picis too) its all around a much better choice. =)
Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Drunko_Elf

Thanks for the tips :)

I think I'll buy a PSP, Music is what the radios for :P

Drunko_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Drunko_Elf

ok, im getting a PSP and I been looking up prices on them. Is the PSP light, thinner one worth the extra $50? Or should I just get an old one.

SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
The PSP is hands down the best handheld out there, it can play music, videos, games, images, internet, great online play, internet radio and more. The ipod is only good for music and videos and pictures. The PSP is worth every penny, and every sweat drop you put into getting one because it's got everything. Whoever's friends said that the PSP is dying, your friends are really stupid when they don't know anything about it. Go and get one, and you'll never regret it.
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
Get the new PSP SLIM model because that one will be able to support more features and better features than the PSP PHAT.
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
Just don't get an ipod and I don't care what you do with the moeny :)
F1racerjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 F1racerjb
Member since 2006 • 763 Posts
Im on my third PSP. I thought I could live without it so I traded in my first one towards an Xbox 360, that was great for about 6 months, got another one when traveling alot in the summer. Then traded that one in last fall for a few 360 games....PGR4 and COD4 great games, but soon I realized that Id made a mistake.... Asked for the new one(first two were refurbished 1001) for Xmas, didnt get, so I bought a Silver one on New Years Eve because I now realize its VERY worth getting and KEEPING too! Sony keeps adding excellent features to the firmware (Net Radio is great) all the time..Anyway you should get it, if you like portable gaming at all and show your Ipod toting friends all the cool things that their gadget cant do:shock:
gamelover26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamelover26
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
Yes~ Get to do lots of stuff, PLaying games, listening to MP3, surf net, Viewing Pictures and Watching Videos~
shannonMETAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 shannonMETAL
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
It's an awesome system well worth it
ffxrox2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ffxrox2
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

No, wait for PSP2 to come out :).

Technology keeps on getting better, so expect one.

vicdmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vicdmx
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

Yes it's worth getting because it has great games,Music,Videos,Internet and Photos and Multiplayer Games.

kazuyasongoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 kazuyasongoku
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

Q: Is PSP worth gettting?

A: Yes, definately dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 730844
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
buy a psp because by that you will win great games and free online game play plus it got all the abilities you requested .
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="Drunko_Elf"]

I was thinking of buying PSP because I played my cousins and it was really awsome. All my freinds reckon the PSP is dying and they want me to waste my money on an iPod like them...

Anyways, is a PSP worth getting? I like online play a lot so does it have that and is it easy to access? Also, does it have any cool features like the ability to play movies/music? Are their good games for it?

Thats kind of a tough question. The PSP is technically a great system. But its game library isn't so great, so you'll feel like you're aimlessly searching for games that aren't even there often times when you go to the game store. And another thing is, yes the PSP has online play, but literally the worst of all systems. I've tried playing countless games online and I couldn't find anyone else playing them. So the network isn't very big. Yeah, there are good games for it. But not enough. And some of the "good" games for it just don't feel too fun for alot of people. For instance "God of War: Chains of Olympus". It's just not so fun a bit through the game. But it is great at first. Though button mashing "SQUARE" to kill some Greek(is it Greek)mythological monster isn't so fun after time, and its supposedly one of the best PSP games out there. So really, until the PSP gets more games, you'll be wasting your money like I did. Not a total waste because all the extra features keeps me satisfied.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 riariases
Yes~ Get to do lots of stuff, PLaying games, listening to MP3, surf net, Viewing Pictures and Watching Videos~gamelover26
The problem with what you said is this. The PSP is a gaming system. Whats a gaming system with a low selection of games? So really, you're supporting the iPod. I would too. I find I use my Chromatic more than my 3000.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 riariases
[QUOTE="Trogeton"]

What a stupid question... The psp is the best portable out there, and its just a bunch of kids saying it's dying because they have been making too many games that are rated M, and their parents won't let them get games that are rated M

And YES the psp is WEEEEELL worth getting, and especially if you have never had one... this will be like a new revolution to you really, I remember when I bought my first psp

Its not dying but its also not the best portable. The Nintendo DS(all models included) has had double the sales of the PSP(all models included). Theres one reason for that. More games that appeal to all ages and genders. And yeah, before recently, the PSP was dying. Its geting so much better now. But I really don't think your opinion matters, considering you're a fanboy so you'll say anything and everything thats good about it and nothing thats not.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 riariases
The PSP is hands down the best handheld out there, it can play music, videos, games, images, internet, great online play, internet radio and more. The ipod is only good for music and videos and pictures. The PSP is worth every penny, and every sweat drop you put into getting one because it's got everything. Whoever's friends said that the PSP is dying, your friends are really stupid when they don't know anything about it. Go and get one, and you'll never regret it.SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Right now, its the worst handheld on the market. The worst out of the two. You just named a bunch of features that alot of things have. Cellphones, MP3's. Who doesn't have one of those these days? If you don't Drunko, then yeah you should get a PSP considering it has it all. But if you really want an actual gaming system that focuses on games, not all these features, get an Xbox360 or a PS3. I would recommend the Wii over the PS3 but you don't care for them. The Wii is a great system, but its only outselling the Xbox360 by double because it appeals to Young, Middle Aged AND Old(so they keep in shape and all). While the Xbox360 only appeals to some young and the middle aged. I personally have more fun on my 360 than my Wii. And really the PS3 appeals to fanboys or just people who stuck with Sony and didn't try competing consoles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="SPD_WeBmAsTaH"]The PSP is hands down the best handheld out there, it can play music, videos, games, images, internet, great online play, internet radio and more. The ipod is only good for music and videos and pictures. The PSP is worth every penny, and every sweat drop you put into getting one because it's got everything. Whoever's friends said that the PSP is dying, your friends are really stupid when they don't know anything about it. Go and get one, and you'll never regret it.riariases
Right now, its the worst handheld on the market. The worst out of the two. You just named a bunch of features that alot of things have. Cellphones, MP3's. Who doesn't have one of those these days? If you don't Drunko, then yeah you should get a PSP considering it has it all. But if you really want an actual gaming system that focuses on games, not all these features, get an Xbox360 or a PS3. I would recommend the Wii over the PS3 but you don't care for them. The Wii is a great system, but its only outselling the Xbox360 by double because it appeals to Young, Middle Aged AND Old(so they keep in shape and all). While the Xbox360 only appeals to some young and the middle aged. I personally have more fun on my 360 than my Wii. And really the PS3 appeals to fanboys or just people who stuck with Sony and didn't try competing consoles.

This is getting really off topic. Save the comparisons for System Wars.

I would suggest buying a PSP3000. I always buy the newest model, getting the most features. The iPod is a music system first, and the PSP is a gaming system first, but such items accordingly.

I love my PSP. Most people who hate on the PSP have never owned one, and are just using sales and game libraries as support, not personal experience.

Bhoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bhoone
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts
If you're in to games then buy one.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 riariases

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="SPD_WeBmAsTaH"]The PSP is hands down the best handheld out there, it can play music, videos, games, images, internet, great online play, internet radio and more. The ipod is only good for music and videos and pictures. The PSP is worth every penny, and every sweat drop you put into getting one because it's got everything. Whoever's friends said that the PSP is dying, your friends are really stupid when they don't know anything about it. Go and get one, and you'll never regret it.jimkabrhel

This is getting really off topic. Save the comparisons for System Wars.

I would suggest buying a PSP3000. I always buy the newest model, getting the most features. The iPod is a music system first, and the PSP is a gaming system first, but such items accordingly.

I love my PSP. Most people who hate on the PSP have never owned one, and are just using sales and game libraries as support, not personal experience.

Yeah, it was a rambling pandemic there. And i'm not trying to hate on the PSP. I own a 3000 myself, I just don't like too many games for it. Well I do but I guess most of them are from the Sony Shop now. There just aren't too many "to die for" releases for the last while. And really, the iPod has a way better music player but hey, the PSP still plays music. So maybe get a cheaper 2000 and a shuffle(or just a 2000). An iPod DOES have games, but a PSP has everything. I mean everything. So even though an iPod would be used more, a PSP is a good choice here.
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
I'd say it is worth getting
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

No, wait for PSP2 to come out :).

Technology keeps on getting better, so expect one.

ffxrox2
This. Everytime I buy a system a month later the new version comes out. ;)
Ric_SlayeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ric_SlayeR
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

If youre getting a PSP, I would recomend the Phat PSP because is more easy to "Change its firmware" if know what I mean. If you get the PSP 3000 it will be more harder to get "free games". :O

OVERLORDKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 OVERLORDKMAN
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

TOTALY! I'm 14 and i bought myself one for xmas this year. I got it to replace my DS, which was okay but kinda boring unless ur under 10.

I have burnout legends and ratchet n clank size matters, I would definetly recomend those two games. And yes it does have online (which is kinda hard to access) and plays music(my ipod works better though) and i have the movie it came with "national treasure2" it has good video playback and can store photos.

I think comparing it to an ipod is extreme because the psp plays games and the ipod is an mp3 player, but NICE SYSTEM OVERALL! well worth the money i spent.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 riariases
[QUOTE="OVERLORDKMAN"]

TOTALY! I'm 14 and i bought myself one for xmas this year. I got it to replace my DS, which was okay but kinda boring unless ur under 10.

I have burnout legends and ratchet n clank size matters, I would definetly recomend those two games. And yes it does have online (which is kinda hard to access) and plays music(my ipod works better though) and i have the movie it came with "national treasure2" it has good video playback and can store photos.

I think comparing it to an ipod is extreme because the psp plays games and the ipod is an mp3 player, but NICE SYSTEM OVERALL! well worth the money i spent.

This is off topic but, I personally enjoy the DS more. Way more RPG's. But the PSP's game library is getting better. Still its not as good as the DS's. Not yet atleast, or anytime in the future. And yeah there are games for people over 10, you're just looking in the wrong places.
technofranki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 technofranki
Member since 2005 • 1333 Posts

I've had a PSP for some years now, but I don't really use it much for playing games. I use it mostly for listen to podcasts and streaming video from PS3.

RyderSODMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RyderSODMG
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
dude dont get the psp, if you like online play then get the xbox 360 you can play online on xbox live on ANY xbox 360 game
rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts
Yeah it is definitely worth getting! It already has a lot of awesome games, and did you see the list of games that just got announced? It is definitely not dying!
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#44 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
Yes it is worth getting! If you have wireless internet, then pick up socom fireteam bravo 2! The best game to play online for the psp. Also pick up an 8gb memory stick, a nice case, and be sure to get the psp 3000. The best one yet, and has a built in mic for online games and skype! I really hope you pick up a psp which will last a lot longer lifespan then an ipod. ipods usually only last a year.
jahnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jahnerd
Member since 2007 • 950 Posts
I'm gonna hazard a guess that seeing as this question is over 13 months old he might have decided by now wether or not to get a psp. Seriously, why are these old threads being bumped so much lately?