This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingdomlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingdomlost
Member since 2009 • 299 Posts

I've been considering buying PS+ for several months now, but with the addition of cloud saves, I'm even more interested. Do you guys think PS+ is worth buying? My only concern is that you lose the free games when your subscription ends, but do you also lose all the other free things and discounted items?

jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts

I've been considering buying PS+ for several months now, but with the addition of cloud saves, I'm even more interested. Do you guys think PS+ is worth buying? My only concern is that you lose the free games when your subscription ends, but do you also lose all the other free things and discounted items?

kingdomlost

The free games won't boot after your subscription expires, but all the things that you got with discounts it's yours forever. I don't know about the free avatars and themes though.

But anwering your question, I'm a PS+ subscriber since day one and I'll renew my membership again, yes, it is worth it, specially if you play PSN games. I got back my $50 investment a long time ago.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I just grabbed the one year subscription yesterday (they threw in three months free for signing up so my membership expires next June) and it's pretty cool so far. I grabbed Castle Crashers and Dead Nation half price. :D I even downloaded a new theme for free (Sonic 4). I also tried Little Big Planet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves. I wish I signed up sooner so I could've grabbed Stacking for free though. *sigh*

Personally, I'm glad I signed up for it.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
I bought it the other day and got Stacking for free, a game I was going to buy anyway, so I look at my Plus subscription as being $15 cheaper. I have no issues with the money spent and once there are another couple free games that I want I'll consider the service as having paid for itself. As for losing the games after my sub runs out (assuming I don't renew) I don't care, I almost NEVER go back and replay games afterwards.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

It's worth it if you like downloadable games I'd say. The beta's and early demos are another incentive.. but if that's not really your thing don't bother with it.

sydstoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sydstoner
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

100% worth it for me, i've got tons of free games, avatars and themes, im currently hooked on the mortal kombat demo which is awesome.

I look forward to every month to see what goodies im gonna get...:)

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
For me yes it is worth it, that is why I bought it. Please do a search of the threads before posting this. This question has only been answered 500 times since PS+ came out.
CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

No, it's not worth getting.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

I just grabbed the one year subscription yesterday (they threw in three months free for signing up so my membership expires next June) and it's pretty cool so far. I grabbed Castle Crashers and Dead Nation half price. :D I even downloaded a new theme for free (Sonic 4). I also tried Little Big Planet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves. I wish I signed up sooner so I could've grabbed Stacking for free though. *sigh*

DrRockso87

i like the Sonic 4 theme as well except every single key sound that pops up when you navigate through the menu, its way too loud

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts

There's one of these topics almost every day ..

But yes, It's worth it. Been a subscriber since day one and have loved it. As for one of the questions, the free games at the start of each month expire (but will most likely already have finished if you sub for a year) but dlc, themes, avatars, other games (it will say) keep forever.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

[QUOTE="DrRockso87"]

killerband55

i like the Sonic 4 theme as well except every single key sound that pops up when you navigate through the menu, its way too loud

Yeah, I'll admit that can be annoying.

danduron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danduron
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

ya know, initially, i thought i made a huge mistake; i'm the kind of person that buys a lot of things on impulse, so add "SONY supporter" to that and i was a "DAY 1 SUCKER" i thought. but, now many months later and after a WHOLE LOT of free stuff, i'm really glad i signed up for the 12 months + 3 free months deal. i love the avatars, the betas have been great (whoo is that Mortal Kombat demo amazing or what?), free games = awesomeness and now with cloud saving added to sweeten the deal? OH YEAH! it DEFINITELY is worth it! i only wish SONY did a better job of promoting it. perhaps even making it mandatory ala XBOX Live might be a good idea, as Microsoft is surely making a TON of dough off of their service and despite initial hesitation and perhaps even outcry, i'm sure a majority of gamers would see the value in PS+.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

It's one of those things that only you can answer. Because it's your money. If you never get it you wont really miss anything. But if you can afford it why not try for a little while.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

It's worth it if you like downloadable games I'd say. The beta's and early demos are another incentive.. but if that's not really your thing don't bother with it.

Espada12

I haven't been impressed with the list of downloadable games so far but it would be nice to have access to early demos and closed beta's. So basically....I'm on the fence.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
It's the most gaming I've ever got for $50. I've probably downloaded close to 15 free games already and bought a ton of others on discount. I'm a big download gamer anyway. Plus has easily paid for itself. And I'm normally very against anything subscription based. Even my cell phone I pay as I go.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

If you can spare $4 a month then do it. I have it and got stacking which was $15 for free and although i wouldn't have got it if i had to pay $15 (still wouldn't) i am glad i played it. Also downloaded some themes and avatars and now enjoying spyro year of the dragon ($6).. Not too mention got the MK demo a week early ect.. all in all i don't regret having it..

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
Not sure... although the "cloud saves" feature makes PSN+ more attractive, as backing up copy-prohibited save data files is kind of a necessity--especially for older PS3 model users.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Depends on the user I think. The cloud storage is great, and sometimes they give you great discounts and free games, but I doubt I'll renew my subscription.

bpw8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bpw8
Member since 2002 • 558 Posts
i asked in another thread but my question seemed to get lost but I've always been interested in a PS+ account but i was waiting for something like the online backup. here is my question, my wife and step son both have their own psn accounts, so if i get the + will i be able to back up their saves as well or does each account need the plus service?
The_X_Factor_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 The_X_Factor_9
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

PS+ has done an excellent job offering great value for the first year. If you go into it with the intention of spending $100/yr total, $50 for the subscription and $50 to buy stuff they put on sale, you can get quite a few games (most pretty good) to keep things fresh.

Avatar image for DangerHiVoltage
DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DangerHiVoltage
Member since 2009 • 1157 Posts
yes it is, if you like free games, exclusive betas and demos for good games, free themes and avatars, discounts off games and or cloud storage. psn plus is worth it
Dante553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Dante553
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

I might get it soon. My PS3 broke and I lost some of my saves and I don't want it to happen again so I'm getting PS+ so I can backup my saves to cloud