Is PlayStation Plus A Good Deal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102752p1.html

Read what IGN thinks.

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
Its great if you play alot of games and buy stuff from the store. It has some cool stuff and you make your $$$ back easily, BUT even SONY knows that they still need to improve PSN+
xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts
I like it. Got a year sub and have gotten way more than the yearly fee in the first couple months. It does need some more features though, but on a plain get your money back basis, then definitely.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

You pay $50 a year to save a whole $2 on worthless crap that'll disappear upon account termination.

I'll let that sink in...

The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

PS Plus = RIP OFF!!!!!

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts

You pay $50 a year to save a whole $2 on worthless crap that'll disappear upon account termination.

I'll let that sink in...

Denji
save $2 on?... You also get free game DLC, avatars and themes that don't disappear ever. and tons of games each month free that are worth way more than the subscription cost.
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
If your into the who downloading stuff off the PSN store for discounts and all that stuff.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

I got a 3 month subscription and one month in I've already gotten Warhawk DLC, Zen Pinball, a couple PS1 classics, access to the Dead Space 2 & Assassin's Creed betas (which I totally didn't expect) and more. I really regretted signing up for the first few days when I realized I may not get to keep the Warhawk add-ons (I signed up cuz they were free with Plus so I only ended up paying $3 more than I would have). I haven't touched the Warhawk add-ons since but I've had a lot of other stuff to occupy my time, it's been $17.99 well spent and I still have a couple more months of bonuses coming my way. Like others have said, if you spend a lot of time on your PS3, some of it idle wanting something to do, then PS+ is for you, even though you pay for it, every new game that becomes available feels like a prize or a bonus and provides you with extra fun you didn't expect. $50 for a year for that seems like a great value to me.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I've had it since day 1 and I'm still not sure if it's worth it. Sure I've gotten a lot of cool stuff that I wouldn't have got if I wasn't a Plus subscriber, but I usually only play the PSN games a couple times (I haven't finished a single one), I've played a couple Minis (the only one that wasn't mind-numbingly stupid was Age of Zombies), and I never play the PS1 games. Yeah I'm getting my money's worth, but I don't particularly care about 90% of the stuff released for PS+. Unless they start to do something different with PS+ I'll probably cancel my subscription at the end of the year. That's an extra $50 I can spend on something that I actually want.

Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

im waiting for a month where the ps+ has offers i actually want.

im yet to find that month.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

I'll let that sink in...

Denji
Yeah because it takes a whole year to beat games like Syphon Filter and Mushroom Wars apparently and I will surely miss those games once my year is over :roll:
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#12 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I got a year subscription when it first came out and it's been a total rip-off so far.
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I got a year subscription when it first came out and it's been a total rip-off so far.DJ_Lae

Unfortunately I have to agree...Had it since day one,got a few cool things but mostly it is rubbish...I was expecting too much I guess.

Avatar image for GrizzlyBear1976
GrizzlyBear1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrizzlyBear1976
Member since 2010 • 140 Posts

If you're a PSstore-a-holic you may want to consider buying plus. If you only buy map packs and one or two avatars a year then pass on it.

Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

If you're a PSstore-a-holic you may want to consider buying plus. If you only buy map packs and one or two avatars a year then pass on it.

GrizzlyBear1976
this is pretty much accurate for this thread.