Is my PS3 on it's last leg?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I've had an 80 gig for about 6 years now. It has thousands of hours of playtime. It's starting to do weird stuff. Last night I turned it on and after booting up it beeped 3 times and shut itself off. I turned it back on and it ran fine after that. It's done it 2 other times. Is this a sign it's getting ready to kick the bucket? I'm thinking about getting a new one black Friday I don't want to loose my save data. I have a bunch of game I haven't finished yet.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im not familiar with that problem but it doesn't sound too serious. I would back up your save files just in case.

Lets say you buy one on black Friday but your 80 gig doesn't break down, what will you do with it than?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'm pretty sure mine has done stuff like that several times, and I also have the 80 gig model. Occasionally I'll have to set up the picture and audio again for no apparent reason upon starting up my system. If it's still running fine like mine is, I wouldn't worry about replacing it. However, you really should back up your saves just in case. If you aren't a PS+ member, you can easily store any non-copy protected save on a flash drive.

Tim_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Tim_Drake
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

I remember on my 80GB PS3 which was probably the 2nd generation version the one with only two USB slots and zero SD card slots. I was playing Lego Harry Potter out of no where the screen went black and then I heard three beeps and it shut off. I turned it back on and it ran fine. I had bought a 500GB PS3 slim and gave the 80GB to my older brother. He hasn't run across any problems yet from what I can tell. I still tell him to vacuum the back cause it seems to collect a lot of dust at his house.

It's always safe to back up all your saved data unless there are some saves that can't be backed up and think of purchasing a new one if you think it might help ease your mind.