Is my ps3 broken?? Help pleasee!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RuleCrossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RuleCrossX
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I am having two major problems right now, first my sixaxis is not pairing upto my ps3, it wont turn on with the sixaxis, and when it is on it won't sync with the controller. I have tried two controllers

My second problem is that there is no signal coming from my ps3 to my tv. I am using HMDI, and it recognizes when the ps3 is unplugged by saying check cable source, but when it's on it says no signal. I have also tried composite cables and it still said "no signal"

I think the two problems could be rooted together from a power surge possibly, since everything worked fine an hour earlier. Does anyone have any suggestions at all???
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I am having two major problems right now, first my sixaxis is not pairing upto my ps3, it wont turn on with the sixaxis, and when it is on it won't sync with the controller. I have tried two controllers

My second problem is that there is no signal coming from my ps3 to my tv. I am using HMDI, and it recognizes when the ps3 is unplugged by saying check cable source, but when it's on it says no signal. I have also tried composite cables and it still said "no signal"

I think the two problems could be rooted together from a power surge possibly, since everything worked fine an hour earlier. Does anyone have any suggestions at all???RuleCrossX

first, you need to plug your PS3 controller with USB cable initially for your PS3 and your controller to connect. You can't just press PS home button and just use it right away.

second, if you just hooked your PS3 to your TV, chances are that your PS3 initial setting is set to RGB mode. Use the cable that came with PS3 and set your configuration to HDMI.

That probably will solve your problem.

RuleCrossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RuleCrossX
the ps3 and sixaxis will still not connect even when they are connected through the USB!!
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

the ps3 and sixaxis will still not connect even when they are connected through the USB!!RuleCrossX

Is you playstation 3 on? Did you press PS home button? Have you configured your PS3 to your cable output so you can see what's going on?

Try those first and see how it goes.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Have you tried holding the power button until the second beep when turning the system on, this will force the console into a auto-detect mode that will let the console select the correct cable. Once the connection is made then you should be able to pair the controller up after that.
RuleCrossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RuleCrossX
just tried the auto detect mode, but still no signal. i havent tried the composite cables again yet, but when i tried them last night they didnt work either, thanks for all the help so far though !
tsagod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tsagod1
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
Call Sony
jester0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jester0815
Member since 2004 • 618 Posts
Try resetting your PS3. I think if you hold down on the power button for at least 5 seconds, it goes back to the default mode. If you set it to HDMI before, that is why you can't use standard composite on the system. Try resetting it first..
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
just tried the auto detect mode, but still no signal. i havent tried the composite cables again yet, but when i tried them last night they didnt work either, thanks for all the help so far though !RuleCrossX

Turn off your PS3 at the back ...
Unplug the power cable ...
Make sure you have Composite cables plugged into your PS3 ( the one PS3 came with ...)
Wait 5 mins ...
Plug it back in ...
Turn the switch at the back - back on ...
hold the "on" button down untill your PS3 beeps ...
Now keep ignoring your controllers at this point - does PS3 work ? if no - then call SONY , if yes move on to controllers ...

Okay Press the HOME button to turn on your controller -- if its not turning on properly / find PS3ing PS3 hold the HOME button down untill the controller turns off ...
Now their should be a reset button at the back - push it in ...
See if the controller works now ...

Thats all the help i or anyone else can really give you mate -- ohh and if you think your PS3 is running but not outputing video (eg. you have a sound system hooked up via Optical / HDMI and you can makes PS3 run music u have on it or anything really ) then try different inputs on your TV ...

Other than that - if your PS3 is dead you are unlucky friend :(
coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
I had this problem when i spilled pepsi all over my controller. Get some saftey pin and there's a little reset butting under the controller, i think it's under the "1" thingy.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts

thatsucks

SteveBIRK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 SteveBIRK
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts

I think the two problems could be rooted together from a power surge possibly, since everything worked fine an hour earlier. Does anyone have any suggestions at all???RuleCrossX

ok heres wat u do u send it over to my house to get it repaired. lol