Is Monster Hunter any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BRA2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 BRA2K
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts
I was thinking about buying it and i want to know some of the features and stuff
mdswarped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mdswarped
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

It is a very good Game it you have some friends to play with. I've put in around 100 hours so far and still loving it.

P.S. gamestop has it on sale for 20 dollars new :)

bigboss00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 bigboss00
Member since 2004 • 2508 Posts

It is a very good Game it you have some friends to play with. I've put in around 100 hours so far and still loving it.

P.S. gamestop has it on sale for 20 dollars new :)

mdswarped

Actually that sale ends today, so you'd better hurry for that. I agree however the game is great even if you play it solo.

zobi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 zobi123
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
well i think that game sucks its not really that good and i think u wont like it cause compared to FFCC its nothing, trust me u dont wanna get it!
psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts
Its a love or hate game, i personally enjoyed it alot, you take control of a hunter (whom you can slightly customise yourself) and have to go out into the lands on hunting trips for people in the village, you have alot of different monster to hunt depending on the mission, you can collect items like berries etc as well as cut things of the dead animals you hunt, which can be used to upgrade weapons, armor etc or even make new stuff, you can combine items to make other items, the game is huge, there is little story line but the fun is in the hunt, if youve mates with the same game you can co-op and go take on monsters together.
ricta123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ricta123
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
Yeah, you should. It's a great game, I got it three days ago and I love it.
hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

Its a love or hate game, i personally enjoyed it alot, you take control of a hunter (whom you can slightly customise yourself) and have to go out into the lands on hunting trips for people in the village, you have alot of different monster to hunt depending on the mission, you can collect items like berries etc as well as cut things of the dead animals you hunt, which can be used to upgrade weapons, armor etc or even make new stuff, you can combine items to make other items, the game is huge, there is little story line but the fun is in the hunt, if youve mates with the same game you can co-op and go take on monsters together. psp_mtness

Yah what he said, it's a love it or hate it type of game. I didn't like the game at all. Like mentioned above there is the lack of any sort of storyline. I found the gameplay to get dull after a while. That being said, i can definately see how people can like it. This game is extremely deep in terms of customization of weapons and armour. While the gameplay imo was dull, i can also see how people can find it addicting; trying to get more resources, using their newly made weapon, etc.

In the end, as much as i didn't like this game, i would say try it, it should be a 20 dollar game if not cheaper.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
It's decent. Not amazing, but not bad either. Extremely long too.
sahib1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 sahib1988
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts
its a good game if you have patience because its pretty hard as well...i like it but dont really play it much because its kinda hard :P
sky_fira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sky_fira
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

well i think that game sucks its not really that good and i think u wont like it cause compared to FFCC its nothing, trust me u dont wanna get it!zobi123

monster hunter and crisis core are night and day , you can't compare them . Further more MH is really fun and challenging where as crisis core is repetetive and easy as all hell

Avatar image for TripleHumbucker
TripleHumbucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TripleHumbucker
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Monster Hunter was the greatest accidental purchase I've ever made ( I thought it was an action installment of Monster Rancher). It is an amazing game and I think easily the hardest game I've played. It's incredibly deep and you have to put a lot of thought into what you're doing before you go on a mission. It sucks when you get out to the Snowy Mountains and realize you forgot to bring your "Hot Cocoa" and your dude runs around shivering and you're trying to finish the level before he passes out from the cold. And I mean sucks in a "I should have known better" kind of way. Sadly, I have not had the chance to play with other people but it's so good that if 3 is Wii-exclusive I will by a Wii to have it on a big screen and play multiplayer. I already convinced my buddy who has a Wii that we should play it. So if you can afford the 20 bucks (got 1 and 2 used at gamestop) you might find yourself with a challenging, fun and deep game, nevermind how freaking awesome some of your weapons and armor look. Gun Hammer anyone?
chewie1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 chewie1125
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
noo..i really hated it...
instead get GTA :D