is LittleBigPlanet going to kill the ps3 online ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

from what i see every one cant wait for it and all the talk about it..do you think when this game comes out all people will be playing it online ? coz i really dont want to and hop not that i turn one my ps3 and check my friends list and about 80% playing LBP , dont get me wrong i like the idea of the game and im going to buy it, but i dont want it to kill socom and resistance and MGO online for me

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
No, I don't believe so. I don't even think it'll be that popular, although I seriously hope I'm wrong. That game deserves success.
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kratos_q80
believe me its alot big popular than you think so
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
I think its going to flop honestly.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

believe me its alot big popular than you think sokratos_q80

Around the forums maybe, but I don't think it'll be a huge mainstream hit. Not that I'm too bothered because it's a day one purchase for me :)

charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

I think its going to flop honestly. Matt-4542

explain how one of the most anticipated games of the year is going to flop. please i would really like to hear your reasoning as to why its gonna flop. its sooooo annoying when ppl think they know what there saying.

Zevlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zevlar
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think it'll be sweet, but I don't think people are going to pull a WoW on it. :P
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kratos_q80

I think its going to flop honestly. Matt-4542

this from what i think is just like saying fainal fantasy is going to flop lool witch i dont think so :)

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Matt-4542

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]I think its going to flop honestly. charomid

explain how one of the most anticipated games of the year is going to flop. please i would really like to hear your reasoning as to why its gonna flop. its sooooo annoying when ppl think they know what there saying.

Because I can have my own opinion and I think the game will play like sh!t?
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matt-4542

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]I think its going to flop honestly. kratos_q80

this from what i think is just like saying fainal fantasy is going to flop lool witch i dont think so :)

I dont think that game will flop... Its a fantastic series to most people.. Ill be skipping it just because I cant stand turn based combat :lol:
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kratos_q80
you know i realy never played a FF game before lol but from the old games sales and what people say about them i know for sure that the game is huge and FF13 will rock..i use not to like rpgs games but now that i have played world warcraft i think ill have to check FF13 this time
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 mosespippy
Member since 2005 • 7501 Posts
[QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]I think its going to flop honestly. Matt-4542

I dont think that game will flop... Its a fantastic series to most people.. Ill be skipping it just because I cant stand turn based combat :lol:

FF12 wasn't turn based.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Matt-4542
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]I think its going to flop honestly. mosespippy

FF12 wasn't turn based.

I know that... We're talking about FF13 or whatever number this is.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc24faac533d
deactivated-5cc24faac533d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 deactivated-5cc24faac533d
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
While I cant wait for LBP I dont think it will replace my online shooting. LBP will be for when I am in serious need of creative release but it will never replace the guns.
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mosespippy
Member since 2005 • 7501 Posts
[QUOTE="mosespippy"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]I think its going to flop honestly. Matt-4542

FF12 wasn't turn based.

I haven't been following FF13 news, and am assuming that they will continue to use the 11 and 12 system.

On the topic of LBP killing the other online games, the warhawk board on PSU recently had a topic asking what ame would kill warhawk and steal all it's players and the number 1 response was LBP. Although Warhawk is the type of game people leave and then return to a month later.
BHS_LineMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BHS_LineMen
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts
nothing is going to kill socom online
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="mosespippy"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

FF12 wasn't turn based.

I haven't been following FF13 news, and am assuming that they will continue to use the 11 and 12 system.

On the topic of LBP killing the other online games, the warhawk board on PSU recently had a topic asking what ame would kill warhawk and steal all it's players and the number 1 response was LBP. Although Warhawk is the type of game people leave and then return to a month later.

ff13 is planning to use a form of ATB in which u can string attacks together into combo's, trying to recreate the battles from advent children with this streaming of attacks and moves. There is no mp cost just a time gauge somewhat like 12's battle system...and back to lbp i think the game wont really kill the online, but i think it will most likely have the most expansive and constantly returning online as the content changes and grows literally everyday
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="mosespippy"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

FF12 wasn't turn based.

I agree, If I get LPB I don't think I'll play Warhawk for a while. And you are also right on the other part. I've taken like a 4 month break from Warhawk and then started back hardcore...now I'm taking a break again cause I finally got Rockband online to work for me.

FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
I don't think it will be nearly as popular as people seem to think. You shouldn't have to worry either...MGS4 was perhaps the best game we will ever see for the PS3 and even though pretty much everyone has it...I still have about 50% on MGS4 and 50% on COD4 on a regular basis. I don't think we'll see 100% of people playing LBP...it's just not a concept that appeals as well to the mainstream IMO.
Username94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Username94
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Are u stupid!? LittleBigPlanet is one of the most anticapatied games for PS3 and might be in for game of the year honors. This game is going to show X Box fanboys who has the better console and the better games. Cant wait for it

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Matt-4542

Are u stupid!? LittleBigPlanet is one of the most anticapatied games for PS3 and might be in for game of the year honors. This game is going to show X Box fanboys who has the better console and the better games. Cant wait for it

Username94
Lmao, thats laughable. Im not sure if you were calling me a fanboy, so Im not going to say anything. But no, I dont think it will get GOTY.
jacksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jacksik
Member since 2007 • 619 Posts
Hopefully those gamers that are never online are all playing Littlebigplanet because this games gonna be for those who arent as competitive.
namcoman67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 namcoman67
Member since 2003 • 633 Posts
after rewiews i may check it out. looks fun. i noticed something though Warhawk doesnt have much people as it used to. I think Metal Gear Online took most of the Warhawk players. Little big Planet is not going to replace my other games. Socom may replace my Warhawk though if less and less people stop playing Warhawk. it depends what mood im in. i play Tekken when i want to play a fighting game online and it didnt replace my Warhawk. Metal Gear Online kinda replaced some of my time i would spend in Warhawk though but not all of it. still play Warhawk from time to time.
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

No way in heck could one single game (even LBP which is going to be sweet if it delivers on all promised fronts) could have that effect. So no worries. Different games offer different experiences, and although one game might be able to "kill" others within it's own genre, no one game that I have seen has been able to take all genres down.

Since you mentioned LBP I'll aim this at that. The game looks to offer some slick features, such as coop and customization. But, even in the coop, the level of competition is still different from that on offer by Resistance (1/2, which is slaighted to release before LBP, I think), Killzone 2 (after LBP, barring another delay), SOCOM, R6:V, and CoD4. People who are into those games are not guaranteed to buy into LBP. They are too different. A lot of them might, but not b/c they are of the same vein. What they have to offer is not of the vein either, so even if they do buy into LBP, that is no guarantee that it could/will replace their game of choice in their hearts. Not b/c one is necesarrily better then the other, but once again b/c what they have to offer is just too different.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
i dont really see the big attraction to that game. ive seen the trailers for it and i guess it just doesnt appeal to me. you'll definitely find me playing MGO or resistance 2
NinjaSkills247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NinjaSkills247
Member since 2008 • 312 Posts
This sounds like a personal problem.
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="kratos_q80"]

FF12 wasn't turn based.

FF13 will be turn based, but with a faster pace, sort of like FFX-2. which is not so bad.
Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xjner
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

Well i think hes right Its going to be the most anticipated game on these forums but i highly doubt tons of ps3 owners buying it like MGS4.

Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xjner
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts
Sry for the reply the forums quotes screwed up but what i said was that its a big hit on the forums not the world.
asas63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 asas63
Member since 2006 • 180 Posts
Its a promising game, i dont think it will KILL the online. I mean for the first few days people might be playing LBP more than others, but then things will go back to normal.
Avatar image for chrisbrookscool
chrisbrookscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chrisbrookscool
Member since 2005 • 43 Posts
I'm thinking about getting it to but if I will probably play Socom more and I'm going to play Resistance 2 online all the time
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Can't wait for this.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#33 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

FF13 will be turn based, but with a faster pace, sort of like FFX-2. which is not so bad.GUNpoint_

Well if it goes really fast and something like FF12, it will feel be disguised as an action RPG with a core of a turn-based system.

Still, I'm glad they aren't sticking to the 10 sequel turn-based system.

yung_slym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 yung_slym
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
I think its going to be successful and will consume a large part of the online community, but it won't kill it. There will still be plenty of people playing all those other great online games.
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
This game isn't going to flop, quote me. It wont take away from games like Socom though, which will be the best online game to date. LBP will do very well and will honestly become a classic hit, again....quote me.
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts

BTW, you CREATE and BUILD your own levels against the WORLD...someone honestly tell me this game will flop.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

No, I don't believe so. I don't even think it'll be that popular, although I seriously hope I'm wrong. That game deserves success.BZSIN

Sounds so contradicting. Anyways, I think it will do great. I cant wait for LBP.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
It depends how successful the game is. If it scores high with strong sales then it will do well.