Is Lair good. I just want to know because it looks real cool but gotta bad score

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jvmva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jvmva
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

if it is please tell me!!!!!!!! thanks

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts
i dont have it but everybody says its good and that gamespot gave it a bad review.
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
I thought it was pretty bad and not because of the controls as I had no problems with em, it was just VERY boring and I didn't like the graphics. The gameplay is basically "save this, save that , oh noes they're attacking this go and save them" ugh it was so annoying.
the4got10one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 the4got10one
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts
I found it to be a great game. I had no trouble with using the motion controls. But a lot of people do so I'd suggest that you rent it first.
Arthray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Arthray
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts
Rent it first. It's really a love it or hate it game: you might like the controls or you might simply hate it.
rhyumavampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rhyumavampire
Member since 2004 • 110 Posts

Stay away...I think people were so starved for games at the time that they'd accept anything. They're just lying to themselves. I love PS3 more than anything but, I'll admit Lair was bad. Give it a rental first...seriously. It's not even the controls. The controls were simple and very easy to learn. They were just bad. However I DID try playing the game with a USB controller so I could fly with analog joysticks. It really didn't make things any better. This game is supposed to have awesome graphics. Really? I didn't think so...they're rough and unpolished...and very bland and repetitive. Overall the game is just boring, flawwed, crappy gameplay, crappy "missions", etc.

RENT FIRST.

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

heard that theres almost nothing to do when ur off the dragon...and that the game was soso

if i were u rent it first

Bunnyslippers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bunnyslippers
Member since 2003 • 2171 Posts

Lair had a lot of potential, but something went wrong during development. If you read users reviews, you could see what they think is wrong about the game.

Game looks borings with very repetitive gameplay. If they lower the price I would buy it just out of curiousity.

I still get hyped about pics like this (although not ingame)

pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Ummm I didn't play the game but I heard the controls were very uncomfortable. But from the looks of the other posts it may be easy to learn. But I suggest you rent it first.
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
i thought it was abesolutely fantastic.
Avatar image for gamfaqs2gamfaqs
gamfaqs2gamfaqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gamfaqs2gamfaqs
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts

Gamespot put it in the list of most disappointing games.. but i think it looks pretty goood

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
i havent played it but I've been wanting to pick it up too but from reading forums here is my advice.... apparantly the controls need getting used to and there are tutorials in the game but only first tutorial is mandatory. There is a more indepth tutorial that you can continue playing to practice the controls. My advice is to rent the game, play the heck out of all tutorials (but none of the main story levels) to fully "get" the controls, and if you still hate the controls, or just dont like the graphics, game design etc... dont buy it. But if you do like it after that, by all means get it. Personally I think the graphics look fantastic (yes I understand there are frame rate drops but nothing game killing).
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
It was good but not great. IMO worth a rental but probly not a buy.
GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts

Every review I read and every person I talked to said the same thing. They all said the controls don't work there needed to be a analog control option and the targeting system was terrible and frustrating. Everyone however conceded that the graphics were amazing. I rented it and had no problems with the controls or targeting and found it quite intuitive. Needless to say I bought the game after that and still play it to this day. Lair is an acquired taste because not everyone is going to like the sixaxis controls so rent it first and see what you think. ElPadilla

I've positively commented on Lair several times. This time, I'm gonna be lazy, not elaborate, and just agree with what your saying. With Lair, you're either gonna love it or hate it. Rent it first and see what you think of it.

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

Whoops accidentally deleted my post.

Every review I read and every person I talked to said the same thing. They all said the controls don't work there needed to be a analog control option and the targeting system was terrible and frustrating. Everyone however conceded that the graphics were amazing. I rented it and had no problems with the controls or targeting and found it quite intuitive. Needless to say I bought the game after that and still play it to this day. Lair is an acquired taste because not everyone is going to like the sixaxis controls so rent it first and see what you think.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
It's ok. It's worth renting not buying. It's better than the reviews but still very average. I bought it but kinda regret it but it was worth playing.