Is gamer testing ground a scam or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dashizy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#1 dashizy666
Member since 2004 • 1485 Posts
I have terrible migraine headaches and this prevents me from getting any kind of job. Anyhow I saw this game testing site and well it has an offer I can't refuse.(LINK: gamertesting ground.com. For some reason they censored the link.) The problem is that this has possible scam written all over it. So has anyone tried this and if you have please give me details of the service.
_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts
I haven't tried that particular site. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to that kind of thing also as the sites I have seen look pretty sketchy.

I would love to find a legitimate one though. Game testing is my dream job. lol
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Headaches prevent you from getting a job???? Oh boy,,, where in the world but America can someone get away with that. Suck it up, take some advil and get a hair cut and a job. TJSAGE

I bet you've never had a migraine.

I feel for ya dude, but I wouldn't trust any site that looks sketchy. Don't go for this stuff.

dashizy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 dashizy666
Member since 2004 • 1485 Posts
Headaches prevent you from getting a job???? Oh boy,,, where in the world but America can someone get away with that. Suck it up, take some advil and get a hair cut and a job. TJSAGE
Obviously you never had a migraine. Well if you had a hangover and multiplied it by 10,000 you have a migraine. Oh and an advil won't do **** it's like wearing a helmet and jumping out of a plane without a parachute. These are the only type of headaches that can be pot and morphine handle. And since I don't have access to either, I'm SOL. P.S. suck my left one.
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

Yeah I used to migraines too, and man are they debilitating (especially when they bring their good friend vertigo and you can't even stand). So I'm with you on that one.

On topic, it does seem a little off. I'm of the impression that game testing (pre-release no less) is usually done in house. I'd be more likely to believe it if it was a game company posting the add. Usually, you have to know a little something about programing too (from what I've read) as you're basically trying to find out all the bugs before they release it to an irate public. edit: The CS background is for describing to them, on a technical level, what happened. Or at least to point them in the right direction.

Also, not to burst your bubble, but game testers usually have to play1 game for hours and hours and hours. I've heard of a few of them saying it kind of ruined games for them because of it because it really takes the leisurely enjoyment out of it. So, if it is a scam, don't feel too disappointed.

edit: I just scanned down to the bottom, and what kind of job makes you pay them to show up? lol

stealth82428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stealth82428
Member since 2007 • 777 Posts
it sounds fishy to me too. why would you need to pay them for a job? you are looking to make money so why are they making you spend? it's kinda like those mystery shopper finders. i'm sure the game company looking for testers would have their own website and have their name on it.
lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts
I wouldn't trust it- he's selling what is supposedly leads to jobs as a videogame beta tester. Looks too much like a scam to me- a person can find those sort of jobs themselves by checking the various game company sites.
Avatar image for martialfarts316
martialfarts316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 martialfarts316
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

yea it does look a little shady

but for those of you who misunderstood the botto part of the page; you're not paying to get a job, you're paying for his guide =/ he says he'll help you get a game testing job. not "he'll give you a job". you getting hired is up to the company he helps you apply for. i still dont think im gooing to try it but my friends said he payed for the 6 months thing and he actually got a job (but it took the company 2 months to accept him). he got hired by Activision an Microsoft. Activision is sending him one of their upcomming guitar hero:WT expansion pack games (you know, like Guitar Hero: Aerosmith) so im guessing it worked for him. but im not going to believe it until he actually gets the game first

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Way to contribute absolutely nothing to the thread.

Anyway, TC, I wouldn't be so quick to get into something like that. Maybe you should try googling it.

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
I would say check with various game companies and ask them if they outsource their QA Testing group. I'm pretty sure they hire their own small QA team, and outsource the rest. When I say outsource I don't mean overseas, but that it is done through another company.