Is Demon's Souls as hard as Ninja Gaiden?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

belrock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 belrock86
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

I really like the look of Demon's Souls and it sounds awesome but I am worried about the difficulty factor if anyone has played it or tried it is the game insanley hard or just a challenge like Resistance 2?

sl4y4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 sl4y4
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

I really like the look of Demon's Souls and it sounds awesome but I am worried about the difficulty factor if anyone has played it or tried it is the game insanley hard or just a challenge like Resistance 2?

belrock86
I've heard and read numerous times that the difficulty is brutal, but not impossible. I can't bloody wait to get it.
belrock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 belrock86
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

[QUOTE="belrock86"]

sl4y4

I've heard and read numerous times that the difficulty is brutal, but not impossible. I can't bloody wait to get it.

I have read that too just don't like games that have me throwing my remote in frustration like Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
It's challenging but not cheap or unfair. Personally I expected it to be much harder after reading so much about the difficulty.
sl4y4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sl4y4

[QUOTE="sl4y4"][QUOTE="belrock86"]

belrock86

I have read that too just don't like games that have me throwing my remote in frustration like Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Apparently every time you die, you learn from your mistakes, understand the enemy that killed you more, and simply carry on. sounds brilliant. The Ninja Gaiden games just throw hordes of lightning quick and heavily damaging enemies at you from every direction, it's a fun game sometimes, but like you said, induces remote-throwing frustration.
TooStoned420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TooStoned420
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts

[QUOTE="belrock86"]

[QUOTE="sl4y4"] I've heard and read numerous times that the difficulty is brutal, but not impossible. I can't bloody wait to get it.sl4y4

Apparently every time you die, you learn from your mistakes, understand the enemy that killed you more, and simply carry on. sounds brilliant. The Ninja Gaiden games just throw hordes of lightning quick and heavily damaging enemies at you from every direction, it's a fun game sometimes, but like you said, induces remote-throwing frustration.

lol look ninja gaiden sigma was actually easy.. try ninja gaiden 2 for the 360 now thats cheap and unfair. And r2 isn't challenging at all (its a good game but not hard nor challenging

sl4y4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sl4y4

[QUOTE="sl4y4"][QUOTE="belrock86"]

TooStoned420

lol look ninja gaiden sigma was actually easy.. try ninja gaiden 2 for the 360 now thats cheap and unfair. And r2 isn't challenging at all (its a good game but not hard nor challenging

Sigma is a slightly altered easier version of Ninja Gaiden Black for Xbox.. I know how hard NJ2 is, I own it, pain in the arse sometimes, but fun.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

belrock86
It is hard yes but at the same time if you think before you blindly engage you are fine. Demons Souls is not a game where you hack n'slash in, you need to be able to know your opponents attacks, dodge, roll and be prepared. I completed it and though i died a few times and got angry in places i knew what to do the next time and progressed further.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

The only hard thing in Demon's Souls is that you start at the very beginning of the level when you die.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

The only hard thing in Demon's Souls is that you start at the very beginning of the level when you die.

skp_16

Yeah this is what i hate. You'll spend a good hour on a lvl, get to the boss, and get ownd, then repeat until you have figured it out. Then after that the simplest of mistakes will get you killed...it can be very frusturating at times.

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Demons Souls was easier than NG for me.