Is Deadrising 2 worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts
I went to my local store and it was for sale for $17 and I have always been interested in getting it. I am still up in the air for buying this game because I also want to get Kingdom of Amalur or Dogma. What were your opinions on DR2 or is it a passable game that I don't need
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

I played and beat it. It's a ok game. and for $17 it's worth it. Honestly you'll just grind at first till you max out then play the game. You can keep replaying over and over before doing the missions. Once you max out you'll be so strong you can rescue most people in the game. only one I couldn't get was a tiger. Just was to tedious to try.

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Habsrule31

I played and beat it. It's a ok game. and for $17 it's worth it. Honestly you'll just grind at first till you max out then play the game. You can keep replaying over and over before doing the missions. Once you max out you'll be so strong you can rescue most people in the game. only one I couldn't get was a tiger. Just was to tedious to try.

punisher1
Would I be better off buying KOA for $24? For a longer game?
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
[QUOTE="punisher1"]

Habsrule31

IT GOT A 8/9-10 BY MOST REVIEWERS. Never played it myself. You can check out gameplay walk throughs of it on you tube. Might help your decision on that game.
Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Habsrule31
[QUOTE="Habsrule31"][QUOTE="punisher1"]

punisher1

IT GOT A 8/9-10 BY MOST REVIEWERS. Never played it myself. You can check out gameplay walk throughs of it on you tube. Might help your decision on that game.

Yeah I have watched reviews/gameplay and everything. I guess it will just come down to money and what I would like to play next after Dark Souls
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
I generally avoid zombie games, but I must admit this game is one of the funniest games I've seen and it won me over. But yeah it is kinda repetitive.
Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Habsrule31
I generally avoid zombie games, but I must admit this game is one of the funniest games I've seen and it won me over. But yeah it is kinda repetitive.mav_destroyer
I may just go with a RPG game that I am looking at purchasing and then add this game later because from watching a bit I think I would get bored a few hours into it
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

imo its fun , but id say get DR2-off the record , i have both and OTR is slightly better because there are new areas you cane xplore and a new photgraph game mechanic

ValidadBut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ValidadBut
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've got the same question cause I would buy it, on Digitto ofc, but I don't have any idea of... You know. It is worth that or nope?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AmnesiaHaze
I've got the same question cause I would buy it, on Digitto ofc, but I don't have any idea of... You know. It is worth that or nope?ValidadBut
its like a mix of dawn of the dead (the remake) and mac gyver :D
Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

I'd get Off the Record, purely for the (slightly) increased load times. They do make a difference, and you get check points. It's a really fun game which is really a massive fetch quest. I'd heard it's better with co-op, never tried that yet. Oh and creating weapons is one of the best parts, not to mention the slight rpg elements with equipping the different magazines.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I had fun with it. You should get it.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
It is the only PS3 game I regret buying.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#14 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

It's undeniably fun, but the time limits restrict exploration and add frustration.

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Habsrule31

It's undeniably fun, but the time limits restrict exploration and add frustration.

Venom_Raptor
Yeah that would bother me but it still seems like a very fun game
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Habsrule31

in OTR you have a sandbox mode without a timeleimit , byt ironically its less fun than having a timelimit
Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Habsrule31
[QUOTE="Habsrule31"][QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

AmnesiaHaze

in OTR you have a sandbox mode without a timeleimit , byt ironically its less fun than having a timelimit

I may be getting OTR has it seems to be a bit better and no time limit.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
its good and fun game for me
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

I think I paid around 12 bucks for it on Amazon with super saver shipping.... about a year ago. (Did have to buy other stuff to make the 25 dollar requirement, though.) Although not 12 bucks currently, but games go on sale randomly on Amazon.

Anyway... a Guns version of that game would be Yakuza: Dead Souls. Which is on Amazon for 18 bucks and eligible for Super Saver Shipping. Some, L4D2 influences as well....