Is blu ray really a pro

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigrichierich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigrichierich
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have a ps3 and I watch a lot of movies on my hdtv that's why I got thee ps3 for blu ray. Now I find renting movies from psn a lot more then renting blu ray movie so I'm wondering does blu ray have a advantage when it comes to watching hd movies. The only thing I can think of is if special features is their anything else
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
well spewacial features on the dvds r prty useless. the only difference wud be is that u dont hav to bother downloading it u can just watch it wen u get. iother then that i cant thnik of anything else
Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

I would say it probably has an advantage to those on a limited monthly download allowance.

you dant wanna be downloading 20Gb of movie when it's simpler to have a LoveFilm account.

Plus, a blu-ray drive in the machine means that games are put onto blu-ray, meaning more detail etc can be fit onto a disc. Meaning that next year when 3D and Move compatible games start appearing, all versions will be on one disc, as opposed to one disc for 3D, one for Move and one for standard!

Bigrichierich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bigrichierich
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Most of the time out seems like it just streams so I never wait and yeah special features do suck
Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

whats wrong with special features?

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
I have a ps3 and I watch a lot of movies on my hdtv that's why I got thee ps3 for blu ray. Now I find renting movies from psn a lot more then renting blu ray movie so I'm wondering does blu ray have a advantage when it comes to watching hd movies. The only thing I can think of is if special features is their anything elseBigrichierich
Are the rental movies in 1080p? I don't rent anything from the PS Store, and I know BR is 1080p and at least 5.1 surround sound. As for the gaming side of BR... just ask the people that bought FF13 for 360!
Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts
Blu-Ray is cheaper and has better quality overall (at least when compared to the download quality of PSN).
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
Pretty sure all the streaming HD rentals online are 720p, where as Blu rays are 1080p... Pretty sizable advantage there for TVs larger than 42".
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

A streamed version of a movie in 1080phasn't got the picture qualitycompared to a 1080p movie on bluray. Picture quailty is the biggest issue and then the extras for a movie on a bluray.

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
Well there a few things to remember 1. Blu-ray allows movies to be played in uncompressed sound and video. The sound quality I get is amazing. It's is so clear you can hear so much detial. And for picture 1080 is just the start as i look at it. It offers the chance to always have the best res. 2. Special feature are not that interesting to me but they can be more elaborate then before. 3. Storage a real biggie, more space means less discs and more options. My fave above all is the fact that they are almost scratch proof.