Is Battlefield 3 still being played online.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

I'm thinking of getting Battlefield 3 in a few months, obviously these days the most important part of an FPS is online, is Battlefield 3 still being played online?

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Yes. It's the most popular shooter after COD.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RageQuitter69

Yes. It's the most popular shooter after COD.

Vari3ty

Good to know, I was worried that the release of MoH Warfighter and the soon to be released Blops 2. And another quick question about the game, I know that all the PC vehciles are in the PS3 version, but are the maps the game size but just support only 24 players compared to the 64 on PC?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I've got the PC version but I can't remember if the maps have different sizes. I think it's just extra flags.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RageQuitter69

I've got the PC version but I can't remember if the maps have different sizes. I think it's just extra flags.

gameofthering
I've heard that the maps are the same size and all the vehicles are available, on PS3, the only thing supposibly cut is the 64 player online and that the max on PS3 is 24.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

RageQuitter69

I've heard that the maps are the same size and all the vehicles are available, on PS3, the only thing supposibly cut is the 64 player online and that the max on PS3 is 24.

The maps on console generally feel smaller than PC because of less flags. And to answer your original question, Battlefield 3 still has plenty of players. If you decide to buy the game, get the Premium Edition that comes included with the dlc.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#7 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

My friend has it for PS3, he plays it constantly and it seems to have a very large online community.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RageQuitter69

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"][QUOTE="gameofthering"] [QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"][QUOTE="gameofthering"]

CommanderShiro

The maps on console generally feel smaller than PC because of less flags. And to answer your original question, Battlefield 3 still has plenty of players. If you decide to buy the game, get the Premium Edition that comes included with the dlc.

I premium edition is difficult to find, will I still get lots of players online if I buy the normal game.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CommanderShiro

I premium edition is difficult to find, will I still get lots of players online if I buy the normal game.

RageQuitter69

You'll still find lots of players online with the normal game. People with the normal game can still play with Premium players, just not on the DLC maps. Plenty of servers rotate the normal maps. You can get the premium edition of BF3 on Amazon for $40 though.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I'm playing it on PC and PS3 and the Maps ARE bigger, thy don't just have some extra flag points, especially because some extra flags are in terretories you can't reach in the PC3 version or just in different modes.

And both are still pretty active

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RageQuitter69

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

CommanderShiro

You'll still find lots of players online with the normal game. People with the normal game can still play with Premium players, just not on the DLC maps. Plenty of servers rotate the normal maps. You can get the premium edition of BF3 on Amazon for $40 though.

Good to know, I was worried that premium edition owners would only play the DLC maps.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

RageQuitter69

Good to know, I was worried that premium edition owners would only play the DLC maps.

Gosh how wrong that is. Also normal Non-Premium Members can play on the DLC maps if they have bought them seperatly.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I personally don't play it anymore but both of my friends are constantly online with full room of players. I highly doubt Black Ops 2 will take change that.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderShiro

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"][QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]You'll still find lots of players online with the normal game. People with the normal game can still play with Premium players, just not on the DLC maps. Plenty of servers rotate the normal maps. You can get the premium edition of BF3 on Amazon for $40 though.

Justforvisit

Gosh how wrong that is. Also normal Non-Premium Members can play on the DLC maps if they have bought them seperatly.

True, I kinda disregarded that fact.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
no1 is going to ditch bf3 for moh warfighter.. Dont worry..there are plenty of people playing online still.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I have Battlefield 3 and I have stopped playing it ages ago for the reason that I was getting fed up of Admins kicking me or changing the games rules half way through etc. Anyway my point is that i went back to play a few games again and i always search for games with 20+ people on rush and before I would get around 10 pages with 8 or 9 games shown on each page. Now I always get the 1 page and on average showing just 2 games to play on thats on rush with 20+ people playing. The game IMO has gone down since nasty admins could get that nasty way with it. If you are one of these admins which has kicked or banned anyone even if it was the once for no just reason you are part of the course why not nearly as many people play this game now compared to before.
play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 play_thegame
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
people still play BF1943, so id be surprised if BF3 is dieing anytime soon
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ziggyww
people still play BF1943, so id be surprised if BF3 is dieing anytime soonplay_thegame
I think more people could be playing 1943 I often end up getting into games with more people in 1943 compared to BF3
NaelNael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 NaelNael
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts

don't worry, most games have full rooms and dice still has 2 DLCs up it's sleeve, so it's not going to get deserted anytime soon...

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RageQuitter69

Every response says that lots of people still play, so why are there 2 votes on the poll saying that only a few people play?

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ziggyww

Every response says that lots of people still play, so why are there 2 votes on the poll saying that only a few people play?

RageQuitter69
I think you will find that most of the people on here have found this topic because they play BF3 and are looking for things on it so if your are going to get more then what it really is. You can still find games still but when comparing it to what it was before the admins came in its gone down loads
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

ziggyww

I think you will find that most of the people on here have found this topic because they play BF3 and are looking for things on it so if your are going to get more then what it really is. You can still find games still but when comparing it to what it was before the admins came in its gone down loads

And welcome to the Internet by the way ;)

There will ALWAYS be trolls. Start a fun poll about if the sky is blue or red. You can BET on some people will vote for red :P

livelongngame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 livelongngame
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
on bf3, me and my brother use the same account but on two different systems. he has bought and downloaded premium for battle field 3 on his system and as far as i could tell i too downloaded it but i cant access/unlock anywhere near as many guns as he had or the rest of the users can so does that mean that i have to buy premium for my system as well or am i just missing something? all i can do is obtain service stars but no new guns. we use two systems on one account and we are a prestige lvl 18