Is anyone having problems with PSN? I keep getting error codes like 80710092.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

culture_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 culture_den
Member since 2011 • 216 Posts

I've done Internet Connection tests and the Internet usually succeeds, but signing into PSN fails.

I just want to enter the store and download the ni no kuni demo, I don't know why it's being so difficult. This has been happening for nearly a week now.

The one time I take my ps3 out of storage. Hell I've never even had this kind of problem happen to me before.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
80710092 - Issue connecting online Go to Settings < Network Setting < Media Servers in your XMB and set to off.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

I had the exact same problem and even when I was connected to PSN, it was the slowest connection in the house by far. The Wi-Fi on the PS3 is absolutely attrocious. If you intend to use the console's internet features, you'll probably need an ethernet cable. It solved all my problems. Load times are literally at least 10 times faster now and PSN always connects.

If you intend to download the Ni No Kuni demo without the cable, you're looking at a 5+ hour wait.

Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I had the exact same problem and even when I was connected to PSN, it was the slowest connection in the house by far. The Wi-Fi on the PS3 is absolutely attrocious. If you intend to use the console's internet features, you'll probably need an ethernet cable. It solved all my problems. Load times are literally at least 10 times faster now and PSN always connects.

If you intend to download the Ni No Kuni demo without the cable, you're looking at a 5+ hour wait.

Pikminmaniac

I never have any problems with my PS3's Wi-Fi, but it is in the same room as the router. It's actually faster than my computer but the computer is a floor above so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

culture_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 culture_den

Pikminmaniac
Dude, no offence but none of that even bothers me. I just want to enter the store. I can't even do that. I don't care how slow PSN is or if takes me 5 days to download something, I just want to be able to enter the store again. This has never happened to me before and I'm worried. Plus, did anyone notice that they COMPLETELY changed the PSN store look? I was able to enter it just before I got a message saying something about "maintenance" and I noticed it looked completely different. I wonder if it has something to do with that.
skraptz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skraptz
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
actually i had one concerning my dns but i didnt think much of it since i was only playing fifa with a friend
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
There is a problem with both Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and King of Fighters XIII. For two days, neither establishes a working connection for any match. Playstation Network is working and the Playstation store is as well.
culture_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 culture_den

Oh finally I was able to download ni no kuni demo and install it. I just tried it, and might post my thoughts on it later (I probably won't since if you check my posting history the f***ing mods just lock all my topics anyway, I can't believe that I frequent gamefaqs so much now and never bother with gamespot. So what's the point in making a topic that will just be locked)

The error codes are still coming and the PSN store is still a bust but all I wanted was to see if there's anything worthwhile to ni no kuni before I indefinitely shelve my ps3 and put it deep deep in my closet that it's found in Narnia.

Thanks anyway guys, your support was enough :)