Is anyone excited for Dynasty Warriors 6

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

Am i the only one excited for this game

I know everybody thinks this game is repetitve but i even think that sometimes but something about the game always makes me come back to it again and again and again.

The Dynasty Warriors Trailer on PSN looked awesome you can finally Swim

It looks like one of my favorite characters Xiahou Dun is now weilding a spear(no i liked his sword) and dian wei is now using the big mace that the big fat Wei guy used(forgot his name)

The combat looks way better from Dynasty Warriors 5

So am i the only one excited for this game???

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
I use to get all the DW warriors games till the 4rd then i looked at the facts; ITS ALWAYS THE SAME DAMN GAME. I think i'll pick up the 6th eitherway, because some time has passed now and i want to see if the new stuff, teamed with HD and better gfx will change the experience for me, ofcourse i'm not exspecting killer app, it'll pick up the game with the same spirit i picked up games like Tenchu Z, and Umbrealla Chronicles; i know its gonna be mediocre but i know the series and am willing to give it a chance.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NuKkU

I use to get all the DW warriors games till the 4rd then i looked at the facts; ITS ALWAYS THE SAME DAMN GAME. I think i'll pick up the 6th eitherway, because some time has passed now and i want to see if the new stuff, teamed with HD and better gfx will change the experience for me, ofcourse i'm not exspecting killer app, it'll pick up the game with the same spirit i picked up games like Tenchu Z, and Umbrealla Chronicles; i know its gonna be mediocre but i know the series and am willing to give it a chance.gekidami

yea same with me i thought 4 was the best through

But anyways i still get all the new ones and i dont know why but something draws me like when i see it on a shelf its almost like the game is telling me too

BUY ME BUY ME

lol

Zalo0m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Zalo0m
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

lol, i'm really looking forward to this game, it looks really awesome, and now we can do new stuff, like swimming, climbing ladders and many of the characters changed, so maybe this time, they'll have unique storylines or sumtin like that, and i've been a huge fan the DW series since i first got my first DW game, and i dont find it boring, even though it does get quite repetitive...

but yeah, definatley gonna get this game

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NuKkU

lol, i'm really looking forward to this game, it looks really awesome, and now we can do new stuff, like swimming, climbing ladders and many of the characters changed, so maybe this time, they'll have unique storylines or sumtin like that, and i've been a huge fan the DW series since i first got my first DW game, and i dont find it boring, even though it does get quite repetitive...

Zalo0m

ive never played the 1st one i heard its like a fighting game i always wanted to try it

Now back on topic

I agree with you 100%

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts
I got tired of the 1st Dynasty Warriors.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
I am; I have been a fan since DW3 on the PS2. I have always been a huge Zhao Yun fan, and am glad Koei made him more badass this time around. Also, I read through the entire Three Kingdoms novel, It took about 6 months but I really enjoyed it.
Zalo0m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zalo0m
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
[QUOTE="Zalo0m"]

NuKkU

ive never played the 1st one i heard its like a fighting game i always wanted to try it

Now back on topic

I agree with you 100%

lol i never said i got DW 1 :P but i did say i've been a fan since i've played my first DW game, didn't mention which one it was but it was DW2 :P

never played 1, but i think it'd be awesome, and since this game is gonna be on the ps3 and xbox 360, im pretty sure the graphics are gonna be much secksiier to look at, haha, and probably the fighting will look more better in the PS3, and hopefully the storylines are gonna be a bit different, but even if it does get a bad review, ill still get it, cause im pretty sure im gonna spend most of my time trying to complete it since i find it awesome, maybe too awesome.. hmmm xD

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NuKkU

I am; I have been a fan since DW3 on the PS2. I have always been a huge Zhao Yun fan, and am glad Koei made him more badass this time around. Also, I read through the entire Three Kingdoms novel, It took about 6 months but I really enjoyed it.Prinze

i think zhao yun is a little too big i liked it back then when Guan Yu when the major character

Lu Bu this time around has 2 spears thats cool

I think the main character should be Zhou Tai(i think thats how you spell his name)

You know that guy who just walks around with his on his sword but in his sheath and only takes it out when he attacks

Hes one of my favorite characters

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
My brother can't wait to get this game. I honestly wouldn't spend more than 20 bucks on it, but I told him I'd buy it for his birthday. They are fun, but the gameplay and graphics are painfully last-gen. It's a fun co-op hack-n-slash and that's about all the praise I have for it.
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NuKkU

My brother can't wait to get this game. I honestly wouldn't spend more than 20 bucks on it, but I told him I'd buy it for his birthday. They are fun, but the gameplay and graphics are painfully last-gen. It's a fun co-op hack-n-slash and that's about all the praise I have for it.babystapler

the graphics look better this time around they are REALLY EARLY Next-Gen Graphics

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

[QUOTE="Prinze"]I am; I have been a fan since DW3 on the PS2. I have always been a huge Zhao Yun fan, and am glad Koei made him more badass this time around. Also, I read through the entire Three Kingdoms novel, It took about 6 months but I really enjoyed it.NuKkU

i think zhao yun is a little too big i liked it back then when Guan Yu when the major character

Lu Bu this time around has 2 spears thats cool

I think the main character should be Zhou Tai(i think thats how you spell his name)

You know that guy who just walks around with his on his sword but in his sheath and only takes it out when he attacks

Hes one of my favorite characters

I think they removed Zhou Tai's katana, which sucks because I liked playing him as well, his Musou would slice your ass till next year.

Demeritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Demeritus
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
im interested in it and im scooping it when it comes out
JeffNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 JeffNipples
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
Im picking it up for sure, Dynasty warriors was the first reason that i bought my ps2 back in the day and Ive had them all since then that have come out including multiple expansions
braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 braindead_hero
Member since 2004 • 1174 Posts
I am really looking forward to this game and have got all the DW games in the series except DW5:XL but even though theyre all repetitive I still can't wait for any new one in the series and they're usually good value as there is an awful lot to do as I'm the kind of person who just has to get all the weapons for every character and unlock everything and just generally play it to death.
Toadso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toadso
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

I am actually shaking in excitement each time I think about DW6 :P
I love the series! yes I love it!

I hold that game closer to my heart then any other major title today like MGS og GTA.
The story is absolutely amazing, and I think that it is the story that captures the hardcore fans of the DW series. Everyone who really loves the DW series has also longed for a game where you can fight in ancient battles. There are almost no games like that except DW.

it is repetitive, I can admit it. But it is repetitive in a positive way IMO, I cant really explain it. DW4 and 5 were letdowns though but still fun. I still play DW3 even several years after its release :) thats hardcore.
so yeah, there is definitely other people then you interested in DW6.

ps. Xiahou Dun is my favorite character and I was heartbroken when I saw that they changed his weapon :(

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i haven't played Dynasty Warriors for some time, if the next gen version is phenomenally better than the last ones, i'll probably get it. graphics are gonna be the main selling point for me on this game.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
My friends and I are stupid and always get it even though it's pretty much the same damn game lol. Koei actually sort of tried to mix it up this time though, so I'm expecting a little bit more this time. I'm really disappointed in the exclusion of some characters though, especially Jiang Wei. It's understandable since this is their first next-gen DW game. You can also consider pretty much everyone as a new character since the changes to the main ones were very minimal in the old installments.
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
not very excited.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

I've pre-ordered it, I've owned and enjoyed every single Dynasty Warriors game,
even Dynasty Warriors: Gundam!

Dynasty Warriors, as a series, is one of those love or hate type games, reviewers hate it,
but, many many gamers LOVE it, I'm in the love category.

solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts
I am usually a sucker when it comes to hack and slash, so this game is a must get for me, even more so then DMC (well, mostly due to Capcom right now). But anyways, for anyone that finds DW interesting, is there any people like me that have both of GoW but can't be bothered playing through them because they were borning? I am going to be a loner :D