Is anyone else finding Borderlands 2 to be really, really frustrating?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Played it to level 15, and it has just been a nightmare of frustration. The first one was too easy, but ffs, they overdid the difficulty when playing solo here. I died against Mad Mike when I went back to do a quest just now, and because I spawned below him, he just unloaded rockets into me. Couldn't kill him, couldn't dodge his rockets, just died over and over until I finally just gave up. Not fun at all, and wondering if anyone else has been having a similar experience.

Avatar image for Video_Game_Czar
Video_Game_Czar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Video_Game_Czar
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I've only played a small bit, But I've died more in the first few hours then in the whole first game and all of it's DLC...Then again, That was online play...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Nah, I've been playing solo so far with no issues.. I'm a commando.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
The game is harder, but its not impossible imo.
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

definitely a lot more challenging than the first game. Im playing as the gunzerker and it is hard to get in close. They really made it more co-op friendly i believe

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Hmmm, this is good news......the first was far to easy......

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

im only level 10 or 11 right now (solo for the time being. waiting for the weekend for co-op), but im not having much difficulty yet. im playing as a commando so i just hide and use my turret for cover whenever my shield breaks.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Hmm, do they still have the recommended levels for the missions? I would just do side stuff in the first game until I was at least a few levels above that for more difficult missions.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

What class are you playing as? Some classes are definitely better for solo play than others (the commando or gunzerker in my opinion).

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Essian
Playing a Cataclysm Siren solo
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

IMO game isn't meant to be played solo.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Essian

Terrencec06
neither was the first one, but at least you COULD play the first one solo
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="Terrencec06"]

Essian

i stopped bothering with solo in the first one with my sniper. after the first shot, all enemies in the area would sprint right at me and make my range useless. it may just be the class here as well.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Essian
[QUOTE="Essian"][QUOTE="Terrencec06"]

LoG-Sacrament

i stopped bothering with solo in the first one with my sniper. after the first shot, all enemies in the area would sprint right at me and make my range useless. it may just be the class here as well.

maybe... I dunno, once you get some of the later special abilities, it gets easier, and then you get more powerful guns. I have been getting trash for gun drops, and it's starting to make me mad
Avatar image for KaiserAlexander
KaiserAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KaiserAlexander
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
try it coop ^^
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="Essian"] neither was the first one, but at least you COULD play the first one soloEssian

maybe... I dunno, once you get some of the later special abilities, it gets easier, and then you get more powerful guns. I have been getting trash for gun drops, and it's starting to make me mad

You should give the commando a shot. The turret ability really comes in handy, especially in solo play.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
suck it up,challenge is a challenge,you're not always god in games.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Essian
try it coop ^^KaiserAlexander
I like to play solo
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#19 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Terrencec06

Doesn't mean the developers should stop people who want the good old single player experience by making the game for co-op only.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Essian

[QUOTE="Terrencec06"]

Venom_Raptor

Doesn't mean the developers should stop people who want the good old single player experience by making the game for co-op only.

I mean, it is possible to play solo, but it is much, MUCH harder
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I died a few times already in BL2, but I had no trouble getting killed in BL1 either later in the game.

BL2 does seem more difficult, but as far as I'm concerned that's a good thing. Only some of the checkpoints are a bit far away from where you might have died, can be a long walk sometimes.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vari3ty

After playing the game some more TC I see where you're coming from. I've been playing solo (like yourself), but hadn't run into any difficulties until [spoiler] I got to the main quest mission where you have to set up the fast travel beacon to get to Sanctuary, since it is now a city floating in the sky. [/spoiler] There were so many enemies I must have died around 4 times, thankfully the respawn checkpoint was close by but the entire time I felt VERY overwhelmed and vastly outnumbered.

PEELEDbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 PEELEDbanana
Member since 2006 • 2053 Posts

Yea, I am finding this game to be more difficult (Currently a 21 Gunzerker). So far, it seems assault rifles are fairly worthless until around level 15 (my opinion, of course), but holy crap, pistols do so much damage, have amazing range, and many of them have quick firing. Maybe it is just me, but it feels like dying is just a part of the game. You spawn in and try again. At least for me, money has never been an issue. Just play smart (snipe a few guys, then use mid range weapons as the enemies close the gap) and you'll be fine. And a tip to Gunzerkers, use the gunzerker skill when you are low on health as it is a great way to stay alive for a little longer (and makes for a great "Oh sh*t button").

daniel79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 daniel79
Member since 2006 • 509 Posts

suck it up,challenge is a challenge,you're not always god in games.Ratchet_Fan8

This. And we need more of this to be honest. Most games nowdays are far too easy. BL2 isnt that hard. I've been playing single player only, with the Siren, and havent had any real trouble eight hours in.

Dark Souls on the other hand...

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts
Well I don't mean to sound like I think I'm just a god at video games lol because I most certainly am not, but I'm actually kinda disappointed because the game has seemed a little too easy for me so far. I'm even playing with the assassin class which seems like it might be one of the harder classes to do solo. I'm level 18 right now and except for the SMALL SPOILER ***************** "damn fine rescue mission" ************** which still I only died a couple of times, I'm not finding enough challenge. Not only that, I find myself to be very over leveled now for almost any mission which sucks. I really haven't done any grinding at all, just been doing all of the side quests, but I'm 3 levels higher than the current level of the main storyline mission I'm on now. I want to keep doing side missions but not if it means that every mission I do will be labeled trivial because I'm too high of a level. I feel gearbox should have thought that out a little more. Why give so many extra side missions if it's just gonna make your character ridiculously overpowered? And like someone else said, the loot I've come across has almost all been universally terrible. I understand that you're supposed to get better loot with more people (which is kinda dumb in my opinion) but this is ridiculous. I've opened quite a bit of red chests but the best things in them are only green rarity items. Still enjoying the game though.