Is Alpha Protocol worth playing for $35 bucks?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

I really was hyped up for the game until I read the reviews but I usually love games that score a bit low (Mercenaries 2, Dante's Inferno for a couple instances). So for those of you who have played it for more than 10 seconds would it be worth playing? I already have it here still sealed but waiting to open it.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

So you've already bought it but are wondering if it's worth buying?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I heard it was absolutely terrible so I haven't bothered playing it. You should read some reviews on it. From what I've read it's a good game on paper but is extremely glitchy, unpolished, and broken.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

So you've already bought it but are wondering if it's worth buying?

worlock77

Perhaps he'll return it if it's not good, or just know what he's getting into before playing it.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

I really was hyped up for the game until I read the reviews but I usually love games that score a bit low (Mercenaries 2, Dante's Inferno for a couple instances). So for those of you who have played it for more than 10 seconds would it be worth playing? I already have it here still sealed but waiting to open it.

FendersONLY
35 bucks isn't bad for it, I don't think. It's definitely a flawed game, but I can see some people enjoying the game.
FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FendersONLY
[QUOTE="FendersONLY"]

frostybanana
35 bucks isn't bad for it, I don't think. It's definitely a flawed game, but I can see some people enjoying the game.

I'm playing it already and its flawed but fun so far. Not nearly as bad as they are making it out to be.
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts

This game is getting mixed reviews. I love this article. It's your call if you want to pay attention tothem or not. lol

As for the price, I think you got an excellent deal.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

35 bucks isn't bad, but I'm gonna wait until it's 25 or less. That's just me though. Would appreciate your thoughts on the game though. I've heard very mixed feelings. Some people have enjoyed it despite its flaws, and others have cursed the game :P

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I'm really liking it myself. I've done probably about 8 missions or so. It's pretty much Mass Effect with spies so I don't really know what those critics were expecting really. The only thing that's really annoying is the melee combat, which sometimes doesn't connect quite right.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I've enjoyed what little I've played of it (5-6 hours), but there are a few minor things that really take you out of the game. The sneaking works a lot better than GS claims it does, but it works a bit too well. You are sneaking through these extremely well lit places and slipping right under some guys' noses. If you're a stealth freak like I am you may feel more like you're cheating than sneaking. Oh, and the camera can be a major pain at times. It pans on its own but not always in the direction it should. The AI is pretty clumsy if not completely brainless. The customization of your protagonist's appearance is VERY limited which is kind of a foul for Western RPGs these days. I'm still having fun with it though. 35 bucks is a great deal in my opinion.
FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FendersONLY

35 bucks isn't bad, but I'm gonna wait until it's 25 or less. That's just me though. Would appreciate your thoughts on the game though. I've heard very mixed feelings. Some people have enjoyed it despite its flaws, and others have cursed the game :P

yokofox33
I'm 4 hours in and I'm loving it. Seriously the reviewers were so wrong to say that the game is broken. Yes it has flaws but none of them are gamebreaking. On top of them saying the shooting mechanics are broken, IT'S AN RPG! You have to level up and earn your skill not be some ultimate Rambo character at the start. Everybody has had it way too easy lately. This game is friggin amazing.