Is a PS3 really worth getting??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dillon12221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Dillon12221
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts
is a PS3 worth getting??and if so why??and wat good games are coming out...jw
Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

*sigh*

Yes it is worth getting you got great games coming out this yr.

Ex: Warhawk,Heavenly Sword,Lair,UT3(plus mods),Haze,Uncharted and Home,Rock Band(Wireless controller)

Next year it's going to be even greater with MGS4,LA Noire,Littlebigplanet,R* Exsclusive and many more so imo yes it is a good investment but look around at games and see if it interests you thats all i can say.

vip3r666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 vip3r666
Member since 2005 • 1398 Posts
if all you want in your library are great first-party games, then its worth it. if you dont want every other 3rd party multi-plat to get delayed then its not worth it
azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
yes it is... lair, heavenly sword, uncharte drakes fortune, ratchet clank future tools of destruction, warhawk!!!, HOME, little big planet, socom, wow i can't think of anymore but i know theres more,, oo ya UT3
grantstewart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grantstewart
Member since 2002 • 760 Posts

I'm asking myself the same question and I think it comes down to whether you want one with backwards compatability or not. I want to get one this year because I have a lot of PS2 games I want to play on the same box as my PS3 games years from now, and I know that the software supported backwards compatability isn't very good. So yes, if you want backwards compatability, the 60 gig is worth getting this year.

As far as games goes, its lineup doesn't really match the Xbox 360, Wii or PC (which I put in this category since you could upgrade your pc for 600 bucks). The first party games are good, but I don't think that anyone will argue that Warhawk is better than Halo 3 and that Heavenly Sword and Drake looks more interesting than Mass Effect. I also think that the PC version of UT 3 will be the best one but I have serious issues with the Games for Windows LIVE program and they may use that.

To me, the main draw of a PS3 this year is the hardware basedbackwards compatability which they took out in the 80 gig model and downloadable and importgames. There will be a demo of little big planet this year and one can import some of the more interesting games that may come out in japan.

The main reason to buy a PS3 I think is still for the future, because the Japanese will eventually start buying them and those Japanese games will most certainly not come to the Xbox 360. Also, Burnout comes out soon and it's going to be amazing.

Basically, if you like western games, skip on the PS3 for another year or so, if you like Japanese games then you'll want one soon and you may as well get one before the 60 gigs are gone.

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts
YES! The PS3 is worth getting! It never was and it never will be not worth getting.
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
It is very much worth getting. Even if you have a 360 already, there are some awesome PS3 exclusives coming this year like Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, HAZE, UT 3(console exclusive, also on PC), Ratchet and Clank and Folklore just to name a few. Plus some current greats like Motorstorm, Resistance and VF 5. If the PS3 is your only console, you will get all those plus great multiplats like CoD 4, Stranglehold and MoH Airborne!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
if all you want in your library are great first-party games, then its worth it. if you dont want every other 3rd party multi-plat to get delayed then its not worth itvip3r666
QFT:)
JWet28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JWet28
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
What about White Knight!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
the ps3 is worth it. (and so is the f'ing Search button so you can search for all the other topics just like this)
DarkHandlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarkHandlez
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
new rockstar exclusive, need i say more?
MagMower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MagMower
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
No, not at all.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

well i own both a 360 elite and a ps3, but the ps3 will start to gain momentum this holiday season, and really get going next year, so yeah ill say its worth it..from an unbiased opinion..

its better to have both. honestly for both have a great future planned..

i just hope most of the things planned for them(both) doesnt keep getting pushed back.

and hopefully sony will start focusing less and less on the ps2 and start getting with their own program with the ps3, then we will see more and more that it was more than worth it.

Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts
is a PS3 worth getting??and if so why??and wat good games are coming out...jwDillon12221

I got 7 words, 1 number and 1 colon for ya. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots