Iron Man Video Game Yea or Nay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I have a question for all gamers who have played iron man the video game. Is it any good? must buy or rent? great movie by the way!

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

I have a question for all gamers who have played iron man the video game. Is it any good? must buy or rent? great movie by the way!

muller39

Robert Downey Jr. is not a super hero .. now that I have that off my chest .. I played the demo and personally I felt it was terrible! Very clunky controls, and was a hassle to fly. Rent it first man ..

kerv4005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kerv4005
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
Nay. It just isn't that good. If the urge hits u again just get the demo. Shouldn't waste a rent on this one.
rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts
[QUOTE="muller39"]

420Token420

same. but i havent seen the movie. camera is annoying to deal with also.

Robert Downey Jr. is not a super hero .. now that I have that off my chest .. I played the demo and personally I felt it was terrible! Very clunky controls, and was a hassle to fly. Rent it first man ..

RunningRoti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RunningRoti
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

the demo is out on PSN and i think 360 as well.

i havent played anything that bad in a while. controls really bad, graphics are mediocre, and flying is highly annoying. download the demo and try it out for urself before u even think of renting it, much less buying it. lol

im not even gonna bother with this game though.

i DID love that movie though, best marvel movie ever made so far. :-)

timster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 timster118
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts

Iron Man game looks good on paper, but is difficult to pull off the fun factor you see on the movie screen. Passing on this game.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I liked flying around in the demo. No way in hell I'd pay $60 for this. Not even $10.
supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts
I've gotta agree with the sentiment expressed so far. The demo was the worst thing ever in the history of ever.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
it would be a damn waste. Not even worth renting.
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 IllegalGamer
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts

RunningRoti

The movie rocked! Robert Downey Jr. is a perfect person for Iron Man. Samuel L Jackson is Nick Furry!

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 420Token420
[QUOTE="RunningRoti"]

IllegalGamer

The movie rocked! Robert Downey Jr. is a perfect person for Iron Man. Samuel L Jackson is Nick Furry!

Hahaha Jr. is not a perfect Iron Man ..

Maybe if Iron Man did a little skiing he would be .. ;)

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
nay
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I thought the Demo was pretty fun. The movie (if you havent seen it yet) is one of the best Marvel comic based movies this side of Spiderman. I kinda liked it a bit more than Spiderman. Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect Casting for this role. He seriously looks the part. Also, if you to see the movie, stay till after teh Credits. THeres a VERY BIG Plotline element Unvailed for a NExt Movie.
pwnmachine244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pwnmachine244
Member since 2008 • 536 Posts
[QUOTE="muller39"]

420Token420

Yeah, well I think they picked him because he looks so much like Tony Stark it's unbelievable.

I would download the demo MAYBE. Movie games are notorious for being rather ugly.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Robert Downey Jr. looks sooooo much like Stark its kinda Creepy. ITs was THE best Casting for a Comic based Movie IMO>
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
any game that is based of a movie is a rent that is one of the key things toremember when buying a video game.
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

I thought the Demo was pretty fun. The movie (if you havent seen it yet) is one of the best Marvel comic based movies this side of Spiderman. I kinda liked it a bit more than Spiderman. Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect Casting for this role. He seriously looks the part. Also, if you to see the movie, stay till after teh Credits. THeres a VERY BIG Plotline element Unvailed for a NExt Movie. black_awpN1

One, I can't believe I didn't stay for the end of the credits. I stayed half-way through, and was jonesing for smoke so I thought "meh, probably wasting my time." That's not fair, it really isn't:cry:

That said, I also enjoyed the demo. Flawed sure, but still, once you get the hang of the controls it was actually kind of cool. At least, I think so. Just give the demo a try. It's free, after all.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
NAY omg the demo was terrible! like it could have been good but the controls were SOOOOOOOO bad like wtf. Flying and shooting felt like two seperate things it was so bad. The aiming was bad too and so was moving around.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

Another Nay here. The controls are a little clunky and Sega once again has put a time limit on the game and when you add those 2 factors in, it equals total frustration.

If there was no time limit, I would have liked it better because the graphics were cool and roaming would have been fun.

king-micky207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 king-micky207
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts

Read

ever since i played the demo on my 360 i was hooked , however as i bought the game (on PS3 of Course) and started to advance through the levels i saw a completely broken game , the Difficulty level is insane!! even on easy , they throw at you 66.000 enemies and expect you to protect three buildings at the same time while an air strike randomly attacks one of the buildings, oh and you wanna add on to the insane fun of protecting these buildings? through the whole mission the robot who talks to stark says "Tower 1 is Under Attack" EVERY DAMN SECOND!! oh and his voice glitches while doing that too!! screw GTA IV!! THIS GAM3 IZ DA BAST GRM EvA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 , i should have picked up another copy of GTA IV or The World Ends With You instead of buying this game which raises my blood pressure every time i play it!! 1.1/10king-micky207

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 420Token420

Read

[QUOTE="king-micky207"]ever since i played the demo on my 360 i was hooked , however as i bought the game (on PS3 of Course) and started to advance through the levels i saw a completely broken game , the Difficulty level is insane!! even on easy , they throw at you 66.000 enemies and expect you to protect three buildings at the same time while an air strike randomly attacks one of the buildings, oh and you wanna add on to the insane fun of protecting these buildings? through the whole mission the robot who talks to stark says "Tower 1 is Under Attack" EVERY DAMN SECOND!! oh and his voice glitches while doing that too!! screw GTA IV!! THIS GAM3 IZ DA BAST GRM EvA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 , i should have picked up another copy of GTA IV or The World Ends With You instead of buying this game which raises my blood pressure every time i play it!! 1.1/10king-micky207

Ummmm .. what?