infinity ward split from activision..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jackdaniel594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jackdaniel594
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts
i know this scenario is a bit far-fetched, but think about it.. if these IW devs win the lawsuit, gain the rights to the Modern Warfare series, and split from activision.. seeing as sony buy pretty much EVERY independant developer they can, sony buys infinity ward, they continue to make MW exclusively for PS3... its possible
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Keep dreaming. lol
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Yeah right. While Infinity Ward might break off from Activision, there is no way Sony will buy them.

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

Nah, Sony (like all console owners) tend to seek out unknown talent and buy them while they are cheap. Companies like IW, with the MW ip would cost a fortune and probably more than it is worth, MW2 left a sour taste in many (especially the PC crowd) gamers mouth. Besides there is little chance for the lawsuit to succeed anyway.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Sony doesn't have the resources to buy Infinity Ward and keep every division they have at top quality. I expect EA to buy them.

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

i know this scenario is a bit far-fetched, but think about it.. if these IW devs win the lawsuit, gain the rights to the Modern Warfare series, and split from activision.. seeing as sony buy pretty much EVERY independant developer they can, sony buys infinity ward, they continue to make MW exclusively for PS3... its possiblejackdaniel594

Never going to happen, not the whole IW split but having MW as a PS3 exculsive. Chances are if the Acti law suit goes through and they win they will either go independentfor a while and create a few new IP's which may be great or Sony will have them co produce either the next Killzone game or the next Resistance game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

Sony doesn't have the resources to buy Infinity Ward and keep every division they have at top quality.

Phoenix534
That's a ridiculous statement. In any case, I do doubt Sony would buy IW or whatever new company the developers create for CoD assuming they win the rights to it, but not for this reason. It just wouldn't be worth the price they'd most likely want.
Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts

If the former IW devs win, then they'll get the rights and since they're not part of IW anymore IW wont have the rights so they'll probably start a new company. Besides, analysts report that Infinity Ward has a 20% chance of staying.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

*sigh* One step at a time

First off, let's see if IW can make a stable online game first under someone else. I don't know if it was Activision or IW, but COD4's online stunk and it was copied over to W@W and MW2.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Yeah thats not going to happen.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

Sony doesn't have the resources to buy Infinity Ward and keep every division they have at top quality. I expect EA to buy them.

Phoenix534
:lol: Sony could buy pretty much any dev they wanted.. its not a matter of money...
FoxHound212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxHound212
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

They probably dont need anyone. They probably have plenty of money and could easily get a team started by them selves.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i know this scenario is a bit far-fetched, but think about it.. if these IW devs win the lawsuit, gain the rights to the Modern Warfare series, and split from activision.. seeing as sony buy pretty much EVERY independant developer they can, sony buys infinity ward, they continue to make MW exclusively for PS3... its possiblejackdaniel594
if IW is not part of activision then they probably cant use the same engine they made with the 1st 2 games and it would not be the same

me i would like to see them start fresh

but i am sure that ppl will be pissed if they buy modern warfare 3 and it is nothing like cod

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

PoisoN_Facecam0

:lol: Sony could buy pretty much any dev they wanted.. its not a matter of money...

Infinity Ward will not be easily bought. Sony has money, but that money goes towards new products in other divisions and developing cheaper parts for the PlayStation 3. Buying out Infinity Ward will cost a lot of money. Money Sony can't spare without lowering productivity, even if by a small margin.

TheSmurf92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheSmurf92
Member since 2009 • 1222 Posts
Sony just recently bought Media Molecule. i doubt they still have the money to buy IW lol
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

If Infinity broke off from Activision, it would be the best thing that could happen in a while. They would be free from Kotick and that in itself is already a good thing.

I don't care if Sony buys them, Exclusivity doesn't matter to me.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

If IW manages to leave Activision, then that is great news for the whole gaming community, because Activision needs a wake up call to reality.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
If anyone buys Infinity ward i want it ot be nintendo, that would be a punch in the gut to sony and microsoft :P And i don't under stand the hate for activision, i want to play good games i don't care what a company does unless it effects me from not playing good games.
DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts
SEGA will buy them just like the total war guys.
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Either way the court case goes, IW isn't leaving Activision. They're deciding who owns the MW brand. If the ex-IW heads win they take the brand with them, but Activision owns IW, they aren't going anywhere.

Regardless of how the case goes, the big question is where will these two guys set up shop? They can pretty much go anywhere they want and say "give us $50 million to make a game" and they'll get it. And it will probably be with EA.