InFamous strikes a 9.0 from GameTrailers !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

After the great 9.2 from IGN, Gametrailers gives a whooping 9.0 to Infamous !

Please go see the video review! it's over 7 minutes long !

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="magicquebec"]

Dude, why no link?? Anyway, Hoora!
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nephilim83

NM, I got it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-infamous/49517

mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="magicquebec"]

That's the link :) http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-infamous/49518?type=flv
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="mithrixx"][QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="magicquebec"]

That's the link :) http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-infamous/49518?type=flv

Hey, I beat you to it! :D
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
That was actually a really good video review. I read 1up's as well. This game is getting solid reviews from all around. But I seriously wish GT would be less spoilerish in their reviews. Albeit this inFamous review is not as bad as others, they really don't spoil anything other than a power and a couple of side missions.
becek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 becek
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

I got the copy of the game 2 days ago and its so freaking cool

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

I got the copy of the game 2 days ago and its so freaking cool

becek

How???

becek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 becek
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

The game leaked in Singapore and its R1

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Gametrailers is a pretty trustworthy review source. This bodes well for inFamous and me. :P
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

magicquebec

I just watched the Gametrailer video and was coming here to post that I will be getting this game once I get a PS3 after watching that video. I am not so sure Prototype is going to be better than this anymore. Infamous looks pretty freakin awesome.

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

[QUOTE="magicquebec"]

TheGreatOutdoor

I just watched the Gametrailer video and was coming here to post that I will be getting this game once I get a PS3 after watching that video. I am not so sure Prototype is going to be better than this anymore. Infamous looks pretty freakin awesome.

Yeah, people were debating between the two a while ago, but I think most gamers (with a PS3, anyway) have really swung towards inFamous in recent weeks - particularly after seeing all of the huge review scores this game is racking up, like a 9.2 from IGN, a 9 from Game Informer, a 9 from OPM UK, etc. I expect that inFamous is going to be the clear favorite over Prototype - it just looks like a much better game all around.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="jtemplegarage"]

[QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]

[QUOTE="magicquebec"]

Yeah, people were debating between the two a while ago, but I think most gamers (with a PS3, anyway) have really swung towards inFamous in recent weeks - particularly after seeing all of the huge review scores this game is racking up, like a 9.2 from IGN, a 9 from Game Informer, a 9 from OPM UK, etc. I expect that inFamous is going to be the clear favorite over Prototype - it just looks like a much better game all around.

Y'know, what I really don't get about the InFamous vs Prototype thing is how they even really compare? They look substantially different in my opinion. And you really don't hear anything about Prototype. Its like nobody's really all that excited for it except the ones that claim it'll be better than InFamous. I just don't see where it even comes close. Anway, why is that guy fromPrototype dressed like a mannequin from the GAP? A white button up with a hoody and a letterman jacket? Seriously!? :lol:
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Damn, all of these positive reviews are turning this game from "under the radar" for me to "holy crap, I'm going to get ostracized for not owning this".
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Excellent! First day purchase for me.

SparkeyMark86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#16 SparkeyMark86
Member since 2009 • 173 Posts

That sounds good, this game might be awesome to play but I at the end of the day I what to play it and give my opinion.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

great news. but still i'm going to wait for it to drop in price(usually don't buy full price games, no mather how great they are), so i'll just get midnight club la first and wait for this 1 till it hits 40€ or sumtin

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

Damn, all of these positive reviews are turning this game from "under the radar" for me to "holy crap, I'm going to get ostracized for not owning this".hazelnutman

Ostracized? No ... Ostrich-Cized!

KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KohlscheeN
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

It got 9/10 on a swedish side to :)

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Cant wait till my exams are over to play this!
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
already preordered it and so ready for Tuesday! Wish it would be out Monday since there is no work for the holiday
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 raven_squad

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Damn, all of these positive reviews are turning this game from "under the radar" for me to "holy crap, I'm going to get ostracized for not owning this".navstar29

I don't think I've laughed that hard for quite a few days. :lol:
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Damn, all of these positive reviews are turning this game from "under the radar" for me to "holy crap, I'm going to get ostracized for not owning this".navstar29

:lol: That's hilarious!
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 raven_squad
[QUOTE="navstar29"]

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Damn, all of these positive reviews are turning this game from "under the radar" for me to "holy crap, I'm going to get ostracized for not owning this".Nephilim83

I'm still snickering to myself about the look on the guys face after the interviewer asks him how work on the Ostrich hammer is going....
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="navstar29"]

raven_squad

I'm still snickering to myself about the look on the guys face after the interviewer asks him how work on the Ostrich hammer is going....

Yeah, me too. I liked at the end when the boss was like "well you know what? You're Ostracized!" and dude was like "you don't even know what that word means." I don't know why but I started choking on my breakfast burrito when he said that. That was just funny. But what was with the bald guy with the foomanchoo? lol

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Awesome, I can't wait to play the demo today

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Why do all eastern countries ALWAYS break street dates. It gets annoying. Argos were lamented when they released ONE copy of halo 3.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#28 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
I hate GameTrailers. I can't watch any of their reviews on Firefox no matter how many times I install that stupid plug-in.
Tobe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tobe101
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

great reviews for infamous def getting this day one !

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Very nice. Good to see the game meet the hype.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nephilim83
I hate GameTrailers. I can't watch any of their reviews on Firefox no matter how many times I install that stupid plug-in.Tikicobra
Dude look at the bottom of the player and you'll see three or four different options on how to watch the movie each with an HD and SD option. Windows Media Player is one of the options. I'm sure you got that one, right? Just a heads up.
ps3rocks11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ps3rocks11
Member since 2009 • 142 Posts

I'm gonna buy this game.Problem is, I'm still addicted to KZ2 multiplayer.So I'll play this, next day is KZ2 and so on lol.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 raven_squad
I hate GameTrailers. I can't watch any of their reviews on Firefox no matter how many times I install that stupid plug-in.Tikicobra
You hate a very good review source because you can't manage to get their videos to work? :P Makes amazing sense.
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 magicquebec
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="magicquebec"]

Oh i thought i could get banned or something if i linked it :s
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

i tryed the demo. it did nothing for me...:|

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

[QUOTE="jtemplegarage"]

[QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]I just watched the Gametrailer video and was coming here to post that I will be getting this game once I get a PS3 after watching that video. I am not so sure Prototype is going to be better than this anymore. Infamous looks pretty freakin awesome.

Nephilim83

Y'know, what I really don't get about the InFamous vs Prototype thing is how they even really compare? They look substantially different in my opinion. And you really don't hear anything about Prototype. Its like nobody's really all that excited for it except the ones that claim it'll be better than InFamous. I just don't see where it even comes close. Anway, why is that guy fromPrototype dressed like a mannequin from the GAP? A white button up with a hoody and a letterman jacket? Seriously!? :lol:

Eh, it was a popular topic of debate back when people knew less about the two titles - they were both sandbox games with superpowers that were releasing near each other, so it was an easy fight. Now that a lot more info has come out, and people have been able to compare trailers and read reviews and such - you hear it a lot less. I think most people (with a few notable exceptions... I'm looking at you, XBots! :twisted: ) are leaning towards inFamous now. What really surprised me was that so many people stuck with the Prototype bandwagon for so long, when it had so many problems in its development. It got pushed back - a LOT; they had to cut big chunks of the game out (including the big plans it originally had for multiplayer) to even meet the new deadline, which was almost 9 months later than it was originally supposed to be released; and perhaps most important to me - it just looks too much like a rehash of Radical's previous project, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Given all that, it was surprising to me that people would still choose to hypeit over inFamous even back when we DIDN'T know that inFamous was so freakin' good yet - I sided with inFamous just based on Sucker Punch's track record, if nothing else. Nice to see that so many of us were right - it's an amazing game.

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 magicquebec

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="jtemplegarage"]

jtemplegarage

Eh, it was a popular topic of debate back when people knew less about the two titles - they were both sandbox games with superpowers that were releasing near each other, so it was an easy fight. Now that a lot more info has come out, and people have been able to compare trailers and read reviews and such - you hear it a lot less. I think most people (with a few notable exceptions... I'm looking at you, XBots! :twisted: ) are leaning towards inFamous now. What really surprised me was that so many people stuck with the Prototype bandwagon for so long, when it had so many problems in its development. It got pushed back - a LOT; they had to cut big chunks of the game out (including the big plans it originally had for multiplayer) to even meet the new deadline, which was almost 9 months later than it was originally supposed to be released; and perhaps most important to me - it just looks too much like a rehash of Radical's previous project, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Given all that, it was surprising to me that people would still choose to hypeit over inFamous even back when we DIDN'T know that inFamous was so freakin' good yet - I sided with inFamous just based on Sucker Punch's track record, if nothing else. Nice to see that so many of us were right - it's an amazing game.

Words of a champion !
Bluko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bluko
Member since 2003 • 63 Posts

Eh I played the demo and wasn't impressed. This games been under the radar for me and somehow I've been confusing it with Singularity and Prototype. Similair type of games I guess with the dude with super powers going nutz type of deal.

inFamous is an alright game, but I wouldn't give it more then a 7.5 based off the demo. The jumping and grabbing is fairly good, but the protagonist feels quite weak. How a guy who can control friggin electricity can get killed by hoodlums with AKs so easily is kind of lame. I just felt very weak and it's also hard to monitor your health which doesn't help matters. It has some interesting concepts but it just feels very bland/generic to me. Also the graphics are kind of poor in my opinion. Stuff renders way too late. I hate that in seeing things magically "pop-up". I'm usually not a graphics guy, but I dunno this game is just lacking visually.

Perhaps I am spoiled by Killzone 2? Though I've no problem playing PS2 games. Actually I find myself playing more old games from past generations lately, it just seems besides Multiplayer most next-gen games lack any real replayability or depth. And Throphies/Achievements don't count. For instance I simply cannot stand Mercenaries 2, yet I still have a blast everytime I play Mercenaries POD on the PS2. May have something to do with the better Carpet & Fuel Air Bombs though... :twisted:

Anyways dunno I'll wait for Prototype and Singularity myself. Singularity could be very fun and it's also being made by Raven who also made Jedi Knight: Outcast so I have high hopes. (JKO was simply a blast when it came out for PC and it's one of the better Star Wars games out there.)

jeremy78940

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jeremy78940
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

i love that game

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="Bluko"]

Perhaps I am spoiled by Killzone 2? Though I've no problem playing PS2 games. Actually I find myself playing more old games from past generations lately, it just seems besides Multiplayer most next-gen games lack any real replayability or depth. And Throphies/Achievements don't count. For instance I simply cannot stand Mercenaries 2, yet I still have a blast everytime I play Mercenaries POD on the PS2. May have something to do with the better Carpet & Fuel Air Bombs though... :twisted:

I agree with this paragraph for sure. I love my legacy games and play the heck out of them, but since I played KZ2 I'm expecting a lot more out of current gen titles. I can't say anything about InFamous, though, because I'm still waiting for it to download. :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#41 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="jtemplegarage"]

[QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]I just watched the Gametrailer video and was coming here to post that I will be getting this game once I get a PS3 after watching that video. I am not so sure Prototype is going to be better than this anymore. Infamous looks pretty freakin awesome.

I lol'ed hard at that last sentence!!