InFamous Official Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mokisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mokisthebest
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts
Hey everyone, this is the official thread for infamous Are you looking to pre order, if so look at these awesome preorder bonuses. From gamestop- You can get an exclusive attack, the best weapon in the game, but of course it drains you energy by alot From Best buy- You get an uncharted 2 multiplayer beta and a demo on may 8 for inFamous From amazon you can get a costume that looks excactly like one of the enemys from infamous, for home. Info: You play has cole who is in an explosion that kills half of the city, but for some odd reason you survived it. Know everyone thinks your a bad guy, will you redeem your self or be evil like everyone thinks you are. You can interact with anything buildings, cars even pedestrains You get a karma meter and depending on if you're good or evil you get a couple skills exclusive to where your karma level is at. If youre good people will cheer for you, but if you're bad people will run from you and throw rocks There is 18 different electrical skills and that is including exclusive karma level skills. *Taken from an ign interview* "Infamous is f'n awesome. " Ign's Summary * Be a Hero: Take on the role of Cole, an everyday guy and urban explorer, who develops a wide range of electricity-based powers. Learn how to adapt to Cole's evolving powers in an attempt to save Empire City and its people. Super Powers: Feel what it is like to discover, grow and use a wide range of electricity-based super powers (good or bad); and grasp the responsibility that comes from being so powerful. * Epic Battles: Experience what it is like to be a true hero, taking responsibility for every action, as players battle against powerful iconic villains. Open Dynamic World: Coupling rich powers with a reactive environment and population, experience complete freedom to explore a deep, open interactive city. Players will be challenged to decide if they choose to save or destroy Empire City. Urban exploration: Scale the cityscape to discover new vantage points and employ a vertical combat system. Utilize Cole's climbing skills to go where most people can not, opening up a variety of offensive and defensive combat options. Organic, City Ecology: Watch the citizens and city react and evolve depending on players' actions. Events will unfold based on the role players take in them, Previews Sorry can't link im to low of a level http://ps3.ign.com/articles/977/977291p1. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/964/964644p1.html http://blog.us.playstation.com/?x=0&y=0&s=inFamous Trailers http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/29/the-latest-infamous-video-power-trip/ http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/800208/sucker-punch-project/videos/infamous_trl_scared_030509.html I know im forgetting an awesome trailer, anyone can post one What is your hype level Who's hyping AAA Me JoKeR_421 Who's hyping AA Who's Hyping A Dang nor can i post pictures!!! That sucks. Can someone link and post some pictures for me, i will give you a free web cookie!
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
Gamestop......not Gamespot.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
im hypin it AAA, i have a feeling it will either get somewhere between 8 and 9 out of 10. to me the way it looks and plays, im pretty sure it will be a 10 for me, i been waitin for this game since i heard about it. aint no review anywhere in the world will stop me from gettin it, never have to begin with :)
Blood_Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Blood_Diamond
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

Much more intrested in Prototype, this looks intresting, but not violent enough compaired to prototype

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Much more intrested in Prototype, this looks intresting, but not violent enough compaired to prototype

Blood_Diamond

because violence=good gameplay :roll:

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I am hyping it AA

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
AA hype. My guess is an 8 to 8.5 metacritic avg, and an 8/10 rating from gamespot
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="Blood_Diamond"]

toast_burner
violence=good gameplay

Oh your one of those guys. When will people learn that just because blood doesn't squirt out of people it can still be a good game.
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
Looks good, but I'm not expecting anything spectacular. It really bugs me that they didn't use motion capture, because those character animations are pretty ugly.
gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gamefan274
Member since 2007 • 1863 Posts
I'm now hyping this as AAA. BTW, I got loads of info on the inFamous board because someone actually has it (no really). Here is what I gathered 16 powers + gigawatt blades. You start with the shockwave, the regular zap, and the thunder drop. Contols- square is melee, L2 gives you energy from an electric source, L1 aims and while holding L1 square is bombs, X is shockwave, and R1 is the zap. O takes cover Grabbing/climbing is automatic, you don't need to pess a button to land on something. You can save at any time, there are multiple files to save on. Moral is pretty basic, your not making huge decisions (disappointment) Melee is button mashing and requires precision. Its not done too well. Its not hard, not too easy either though. The map is huge! Anyway this is the info I got from someone on the inFamous boards. I'm not taking credit, just sharing info. BTW, sorry if this comes out in 1 block of words when I submit my post. When I submit stuff on my PS3 it takes away the paragraphs I made.
smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Might pre-order this soon. Looks pretty dam cool. The only concern is that it may become repetitive.

FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

I'm hyping AAA

just hope the game be as good as it looks :D

eddyka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eddyka2
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

I'm hyping it AAA, I've already pre-ordered my copy. I can't wait!:D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick3306"][QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Blood_Diamond"]

violence=good gameplay

Oh your one of those guys. When will people learn that just because blood doesn't squirt out of people it can still be a good game.

i was being sarcastic. i'll make it more obvious next time
Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scieran
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

I personally don't like this game. It's just one of those hollywood cliche garbage slash fictional dumb american heroes.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick3306"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]violence=good gameplaytoast_burner

OOO in that case... lmao.
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Nick3306"]Oh your one of those guys. When will people learn that just because blood doesn't squirt out of people it can still be a good game.Nick3306

OOO in that case... lmao.

LOL at your sig. Only nonviolent person there is the robot (maybe) and the basketball-player.