increasing wifi range

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fishdog1619 (105 posts) -
hey there ive been searching for ages on how to increase my wifi range as my ps3 has a slow connection i heard somethin about a wireless repeater im looking for something i can use with my existing network like a new aerial or a type of airport device that will do the job any help wud b appreciated
#2 Posted by nellyg619 (6832 posts) -
theres a wireless bridge which mite help if u have a poor connection.....i think
#3 Posted by anewperfectday (782 posts) -

I read that type of security was important in how fast you can recieve wireless. Like WPA or that other one.. and that Wireless N routers are preferred for gaming (guy at frys told me)

Anyhoot, I always prefer direct connection. :)

#4 Posted by jj42883 (390 posts) -

hey there ive been searching for ages on how to increase my wifi range as my ps3 has a slow connection i heard somethin about a wireless repeater im looking for something i can use with my existing network like a new aerial or a type of airport device that will do the job any help wud b appreciatedfishdog1619

bestway is to just run a wire. but if you need wireless, you can try something like this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454594&st=wireless+range+extender&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1184369369578