Improvements you would like to see in Infamous 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Manticore7
Member since 2009 • 864 Posts

Will Infamous 2 has pretty much been confirmed so what would you like to see

• Use 100% of blu ray disk, and TEH CELL,
  • Remake the city, not entirely but make it look more different
  • More creative powers
  • CO-OP, either in the single player or a whole different mode like Uncharted 2
  • Some mode where you go in to a menu at the start screen and you can pick any mission or sidequest and play it either has good or evil karma and you have all the powers
  • Once agian make an awesome story

Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Co-op would be nice. Imagine two Coles in the city...
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7115 Posts

I want to be able to punch a burning trash can and not die :o

Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Manticore7

I want to be able to punch a burning trash can and not die :o

SoNin360
Lol
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
Other heroes to give you a hand (which would also allow for co-op). More variety of side missions and some new powers.
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Better mission structure. Less generic art design. Powers that don't just represent different guns.
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

I'm interested to see what it will look like with Sucker Punch's brand new engine. Infamous' engine wasn't even optimized for the PS3.

Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Manticore7

I'm interested to see what it will look like with Sucker Punch's brand new engine. Infamous' engine wasn't even optimized for the PS3.

amsfm6
When did they say there making a new engine?
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

1. more villains and allies, basically have more people come out of hiding that have their own powers....basically i just wanna see more great boss battles...

2. online/multiplayer/co op....would be awesome to play along a buddy and sorta have some missions where u could do...if they could have something like Uncharted 2 but add some other cool modes in there that'd be awesome....

3. less glitchy and a better graphics although they were good anyway....the last game ad too many pop ups through out the game....

4. bring all other characters back....except the dead ones of course...

Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Manticore7

1. more villains and allies, basically have more people come out of hiding that have their own powers....basically i just wanna see more great boss battles...

2. online/multiplayer/co op....would be awesome to play along a buddy and sorta have some missions where u could do...if they could have something like Uncharted 2 but add some other cool modes in there that'd be awesome....

3. less glitchy and a better graphics although they were good anyway....the last game ad too many pop ups through out the game....

4. bring all other characters back....except the dead ones of course...

Eazy1891
1. would be awesome 2. Agreed 3. I thought the graphics were aweosme and i dont care about pop-ins 4. Agreed
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I actually thought the controls were a bit wonky at times. It was frustrating when you were trying to jump on a ledge and it would just not cooperate with what you wanted to do. For the most part the controls were excellent, but there were times I got a tad frustrated when Cole would grab onto something (or didn't grab) what I wanted him to grab.

Vividnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 Vividnightmare
Member since 2007 • 509 Posts

-More Powers
-Ability to take a greater beating
-Improvements to the movement system, something closer to Prototype
-Ability to put up a 'static' shield making guns useless against you
-Ability to change clothes or even get different pieces of clothing and combine to my liking
-A more defined and drastic 'evil' and 'good' persona look. I liked the lightning changing colors but Cole himself doesn't change too drastically.
-More of a dynamic/dramatic reaction to your persona choices, I.e - More people running up to you saying they love/hate you, more posters around depicting your evil/good dynamic
-Unlimited leveing - I.e - You can improve the power of any power unlimited times, each time you improve it the power of an attack it goes up 10% and the cost to upgrade is again goes up 10%. Same for defensive powers and the like, except for specific skills like the shield inwhich behing able to increase it's size unlimited would just look stupid and be cumbersome. With this in effect people could play for hours gaining XP just to be god like, I got tired of having baddies destroy me in direct combat and having to be all sneaky and hit and run.
-Some of the powers of the main boss (you) at the end would be nice, teleportation and such.
-A more effective time slow ability.
-Far more randomly generated missions to hand out XP to support the unlimited leveling idea. :)
- to add onto the more powers, some type of machine lightning gun would be great.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eazy1891

^^^ oh yeah almost forgot....

5. no cheap deaths anymore please? like when id throw a grenade and it kill me or a car explosion could kick my @$$ yet i could fall from the hihest building in the game and land with a little roll........yeah that kinda got me sick and tired of that....but the whole water thing is a' ight i understand why that was which brings me to a continuance of 1 and number 6

6. How about a boss/villain or perhaps an ally depending on the side you choose? that uses water as their power? i mean electricity and water isnt a good mixture but it could be if used to take out some other enemies...Whatcha think?

Manticore7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Manticore7

Great ideas above poster!(vivid nightmare)

Especially that last one

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#15 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts
  • Better Graphics. This was the only thing wrong with the entire game. It had asome gameplay and an asome story, the graphics just weren't all that hot.
  • Same Asome Story. The story was a major highlight of the first inFamous, and I'm sure that fans will be expecting a story that is as good as, if not better than the original. It should also tie up things from the first one, like what happened to the TV Jacker and who The Beast was. It would also be nice if it once again had a major, and I mean major, plot twist and cliffhanger ending.
  • Developed Powers. It was stated in inFamous that Cole's powers should develop more and that he should become more powerful. I would like to see Cole start off with the powers he had when the original inFamous ended, and we could see his powers gradually become more asome as the story advances.
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

[QUOTE="amsfm6"]

Manticore7

When did they say there making a new engine?

Don't remember when or where, but someone from Sony or Sucker Punch definitely said it. I don't think I would just make it up (I hope not anyway)

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

i really hope theres no co-op i dont see how infamous or infamous 2 (even though there no info on it besides its in development) can have co-op, u know not every game needs an online or co-op mode ppl, some games need to stay single player!

but i do like the other ideas, of more levelin up and get lots of exp and such and more variety, no cheap deaths, and etc etc, like the res said

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eazy1891

i really hope theres no co-op i dont see how infamous or infamous 2 (even though there no info on it besides its in development) can have co-op, u know not every game needs an online or co-op mode ppl, some games need to stay single player!

but i do like the other ideas, of more levelin up and get lots of exp and such and more variety, no cheap deaths, and etc etc, like the res said

JoKeR_421

omg everyone says that...yes i know not every game needs it but as long as they could make it work its fine...kinda how ND did with U2....ii said that in my post...i know not everygame needs multiplayer im ust saying if they could make it work it would be awesome

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

Eazy1891

omg everyone says that...yes i know not every game needs it but as long as they could make it work its fine...kinda how ND did with U2....ii said that in my post...i know not every game needs multiplayer im just saying if they could make it work it would be awesome

if they did some how work it out and its fun and it doesnt take away from the single player, and they dont have to sacrifice anythin in the single player, then fine more power to them and hope to it works out, i honestly think the co-op is absolutely fun in uncharted 2, but i dont dig the online, but that doesnt mean the online multiplayer isnt fun, i just dont dig it as much as i do the co-op.

but i still hope they dont add anythin online related to infamous 2. i wouldnt mind co-op or some sort, but nothin online related like death matches or capture the flag but in infamous case capture the shards lol, i dont think they should do anthin like that. co-op ill let that pass, maybe like others said ud have a side kick and u can either play single player by urself and have a sidekick or play 2 players and anyone on ur friends list can join and both of u beat the game or somethin

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eazy1891

[QUOTE="Eazy1891"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

JoKeR_421

omg everyone says that...yes i know not every game needs it but as long as they could make it work its fine...kinda how ND did with U2....ii said that in my post...i know not every game needs multiplayer im just saying if they could make it work it would be awesome

if they did some how work it out and its fun and it doesnt take away from the single player, and they dont have to sacrifice anythin in the single player, then fine more power to them and hope to it works out, i honestly think the co-op is absolutely fun in uncharted 2, but i dont dig the online, but that doesnt mean the online multiplayer isnt fun, i just dont dig it as much as i do the co-op.

see dude we're pretty much on the same page....you shouldnt jump to conclusions so quickly

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="Eazy1891"]

Eazy1891

see dude we're pretty much on the same page....you shouldnt jump to conclusions so quickly

i didnt mean too :P i just think though ppl shouldnt jump to conclusion and say ohhh wish online is added, i mean THE MAIN thing about infamous was the story and single player, as long as they can accomplish that and make it perfect like uncharted 2 did, then by all means add all the online things u want lol, i am not BIG on online things, i do play it with friends but i much prefer single player games alot more, and i do like co-op like like in resistance 2 or uncharted 2

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4509 Posts

Powers that don't just represent different guns. Keir21

^^^This. Good and evil Cole should have more different powers, and make sure they're allawesome and useful.

- Make the climbing mechanic better (compare to other games like AC or Prototype, it's worse)

-Better side missions.

- Enemies that can talk to each other and to Cole when they fight.

- And very important; New Game +

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

I don't wanna be rude here, but were some of you guys paying attention when you played the first game? The Voice of Survival (aka TV Jacker) is dead. John said so in one of the Dead Drops. Also, you HAD a static shield. It was mapped to holding down R2 after you get the ability. True, nobody likes cheap deaths, but taking less damage? You leveled up your damage resistance throughout the game! On top of that, just find an electricity source and you can easily avoid death. It's not that hard.:roll:

I think more damage resistance wouldn't make sense, gameplay-wise. Sure, you'd become stronger with your powers as you kept going on, but who wants that? Seriously, think about it. When was the last time omnipotence was fun in a game? Games NEED to pose a challenge to be fun. That's why most people relate better to Batman than Superman.

ioannisdenton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 ioannisdenton
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

more enemies varieties. most enemies just shoot you. ai would not hurt too. and last but not least some CLOSE enviroments missions , in houses or facilities as well wouold be awesome,. also i wanna see some motorbikes or bicycles in liberty city. go green!

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

More power...

I just want an inFamous 2.

metalmasterW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 metalmasterW
Member since 2006 • 2244 Posts

well..there were some buildings i could jump up on..that would be nice to have availble for every single building

also...going in some houses would be cool..

some new powers would be nice...more like kessler for example..teleporting

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

1. Improve the texture pop in! This is a big issue.
2. More variety in enemies. Much more.
3. Take away the enemies sniper vision.
4. More powers.
5. More variety in missions, they were pretty repetitive.
6. Improve the platforming aspects and add more of it.
7. Make the cities look more different, they were a little too similar.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

I refuse to buy Infamous 2 unless they give Cole hair...and a top hat so I can go around saying ol'chap to everyone :D

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Clean up the pop-ins and draw distance and lock the frame rate @ 60. That would be cool but unnecessary as I'm getting the sequel no matter what.
CD-i_ownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CD-i_ownz
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

1. Kill off Zeke

2. Give us the choice to kill Zeke

3. Interactive Zeke chainsaw murder sequence:twisted:

GameHog9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

Good Powers vs Evil Powers online multiplayer :twisted:

FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts
  1. Diferent type of missions
  2. More powers
  3. Sneak kills would be great, along with sneak sections
  4. More drastic changes of your choices with karma
bird-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bird-man
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
I want to climb fences and that's it.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#34 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I think Sasha should get her own storyline in Infamous 2 and be a playable character as well as Cole

The Mission should have a more variety

More powers

Co-op would be nice to add some more replay value to the game

WPxPaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 WPxPaladin
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I guess you could sum what I want as:

More physics based interactions and more face smashing time.