Important Questions about Demon SOuls!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Ok so i wanna import this game because my bdays coming up and im gonna hvae enough hipefully to buy it noe instead of wait because i cant til octrober 6th.

but besides the deluxe edition coming out to the US, will there be a difference in the game, like will it be easier than the japanese version. because i want the original game, as in the way it was made.

also if i import this game, will my friend be able to play with me when he gets the American version or will the online be region locked?

im asking because if there is no difference between the two versions besides the language, then i might wait til the US release.

Mokajing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mokajing
Member since 2009 • 283 Posts

Ok so i wanna import this game because my bdays coming up and im gonna hvae enough hipefully to buy it noe instead of wait because i cant til octrober 6th.

but besides the deluxe edition coming out to the US, will there be a difference in the game, like will it be easier than the japanese version. because i want the original game, as in the way it was made.

also if i import this game, will my friend be able to play with me when he gets the American version or will the online be region locked?

im asking because if there is no difference between the two versions besides the language, then i might wait til the US release.

jerkface96
Nope it will not be easier. No cross playing either
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jerkface96

if someone could answer that would be great

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jerkface96
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

Mokajing
Nope it will not be easier. No cross playing either

alright thanks, how is there no cross playing?
Mokajing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mokajing
Member since 2009 • 283 Posts

jerkface96
I did. You cant play with people from american version with asian version. Some version of the asian version has english, and the us version will not have an easier mode
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jerkface96
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

Mokajing
I did. You cant play with people from american version with asian version. Some version of the asian version has english, and the us version will not have an easier mode

lol i posted no one knowing about it, right when you did i guess:)
Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#7 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

Does anyone know which retailers will have the promotional art book if you pre-order the game?

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jerkface96

man im dissappinted i was gonna Import this game for sure, but ^^^ said that theres no cross play between american and japanese version AHHHHHH

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

man im dissappinted i was gonna Import this game for sure, but ^^^ said that theres no cross play between american and japanese version AHHHHHH

jerkface96
Actually I read an article which stated that all versions of the game will be hosted on the same servers so that you will be able to play together. I don't know how that guy above tried to play with people who own the american version because it obviously doesn't exist yet.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/intro

Here's a link. All versions can play together.

The important part:

The North American version will be released in Fall 2009 and a European edition of Demon's Souls has not yet been announced - it may never be. But if you can speak and read English, then with the Asian and Korean versions being fully in English, both text and voice (not the manual, unfortunately), and with no region-locking on PS3 games and MP being confirmed as all regions together, there's no reason not to get the Asian or Korean region versions now.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jerkface96

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/intro

Here's a link. All versions can play together.

The important part:

The North American version will be released in Fall 2009 and a European edition of Demon's Souls has not yet been announced - it may never be. But if you can speak and read English, then with the Asian and Korean versions being fully in English, both text and voice (not the manual, unfortunately), and with no region-locking on PS3 games and MP being confirmed as all regions together, there's no reason not to get the Asian or Korean region versions now.

nethernova
WOW thanks for the help i might just get it then, but i really hope thats a legit article first lol.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jerkface96

so i got one person that says, the games compatible with US players (from a wiki article), and i got one that says no, any one else want to verify lol

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#13 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

the game's compatible with any PS3, it's just no really knows if MP will be by region. That would be cool if it was. Either way I don't really care because you can't summon particular players as far as I know and unless I missed something there isn't voice chat. I own it hence it's in my PSN card having recently played it. I say get it if you can't wait. I'll be done with my first playthrough and maybe my second by time it's out in the US. the chinese and korean versions have english just to let you know

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jerkface96

the game's compatible with any PS3, it's just no really knows if MP will be by region. That would be cool if it was. Either way I don't really care because you can't summon particular players as far as I know and unless I missed something there isn't voice chat. I own it hence it's in my PSN card having recently played it. I say get it if you can't wait. I'll be done with my first playthrough and maybe my second by time it's out in the US. the chinese and korean versions have english just to let you know

meluvulongtime8
yea im gonna prolly get the asian version, so youve played MP and cant summon particular people and theres no voice chat? dang that blows, i thought there was co op at one point.
Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#15 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

[QUOTE="meluvulongtime8"]

jerkface96

yea im gonna prolly get the asian version, so youve played MP and cant summon particular people and theres no voice chat? dang that blows, i thought there was co op at one point.

you can summon ppl that are in soul form when you are in body form to help you and ppl can invade your game and try and kill you, but as far as I know it's all random. I don't know all the in's and out's of the game, but that's about what I do know. Currently I haven't spent too much time playing online mainly because I'm trying to get all the world tendencies done and apparently if ppl come into your game it can screw it up or something.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jerkface96
[QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="meluvulongtime8"]

meluvulongtime8

you can summon ppl that are in soul form when you are in body form to help you and ppl can invade your game and try and kill you, but as far as I know it's all random. I don't all the in's and out's of the game, but that's about what I do know. Currently I have spent too much time playing online mainly because I'm trying to get all the world tendencies done and apparently if ppl come into your game it can screw it up or something.

damn well hopefully somebody knows, and yea be careful with that, theres no doubt theres a bunch of douche bags lookin to jack up your game.
Interiit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Interiit
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Actually you can pick certain people to summon into your game. Whan a person wants to allow themselves to be summoned, they put down a marker on thr ground indicating this. Other people can then look at your name, and a rating system from your multiplayer exploits before they choose to bring you into their world. This can all be done at any time (with or without your body).

As far as the game being region locked, I would like to know as well. Wiki has conflicting info saying it will work as well as saying it won't work. I hope it does, as Ive been playnig this game for a few months and don't want to start all over just to play with my friends here in America.

Interiit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Interiit

Oh and as far as other people breaking into your game: this only happens if you have your body. You can then summon someone else to help you and even banish them with certain items and spells. It works very well and is a lot of fun.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm not sure where the info came out that you will be able to play with Asian version together if you have for example - North American version.

Just a few days ago, the Atlus team had a live conversation where they stated that North American version of the game won't be compatible (play with people who already imported the game from Asian market and have high levels.)

It was because of balance issues, they wanted everyone to be on a fair side and start from same level and play together.

I'm not sure if it has changed in recent week but that's the official word from the team as July 06.2009

I personally agree with it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/06/playstation-eye-chat-demons-souls/

Interiit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Interiit

Thanks for the link. That actually does make a lot of sense. But on the other hand, in 6 months it will mean nothing. Anyone who buys the game after the NA players have been around for a bit will be in the same boat. And honestly, once you near the end of your first play through it isnt tough to take on the Chinese players who have been around for a while. This game is set up so that skill matters much more than level.

In the end, I can see reasons for going either way. I'll most likely play both versions and just roll different character types with each.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

What will the game be rated in NA? M I presume?

Gryphon700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Gryphon700
Member since 2003 • 150 Posts

Woo I just bought this game in Taiwan.

buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts

Wow, you've all gotten me kinda excited for this game!

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Here's some more info in Demon's Souls kiddies:

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3966

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3795

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Oh well. Looks like I will just continue to play with the people in Asia.
buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts

...and a review I found:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/demons-souls-review