Immersion wants Sony to implement next-gen rumble in the DS3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slyydevil
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

Check this out!!

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
Weird, I thought Sony wanted Touchsense since the day they settled the lawsuit with Immersion. Anyway, they better accept it or I'll be disappointed. Cool article, thanks for posting.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
This rumble drama is going to make my head asplode.
slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slyydevil

Weird, I thought Sony wanted Touchsense since the day they settled the lawsuit with Immersion. Anyway, they better accept it or I'll be disappointed. Cool article, thanks for posting.Prinze

No probelm, my thoguhts are with yours. Sony needs a leg up with this and also prove to their customers that rumble was in fact last-gen otherwise they will have another PR blunder thrown around the web, just do it Sony. Show us that you still have the testicular fortitude, lol.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="Prinze"]Weird, I thought Sony wanted Touchsense since the day they settled the lawsuit with Immersion. Anyway, they better accept it or I'll be disappointed. Cool article, thanks for posting.slyydevil

No probelm, my thoguhts are with yours. Sony needs a leg up with this and also prove to their customers that rumble was in fact last-gen otherwise they will have another PR blunder thrown around the web, just do it Sony. Show us that you still have the testicular fortitude, lol.

LOL....I love you man....(Don't take that the wrong way)you made my day with that post!!!

slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slyydevil
This needs a bump because I fear that folks are awaitng touchsense and will be disappointed.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
If it can be done at no extra cost then why isn't Sony using it? The only thing I can come up with is that the old rumble technology is easier on developers and Sony doesn't want to use Touchsense until they can supply 3rd party studios with algorithms that are as simple to use as the current rumble algorithms.
slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slyydevil
^^ That and I think Sony want's to be able to charge the same price as the original sixaxis and if they go the route of touchsense the controllers will have to be priced lower. PS3 owners need to flood their (Sony's) blog and demand that this happens!
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Rick_14

^^ That and I think Sony want's to be able to charge the same price as the original sixaxis and if they go the route of touchsense the controllers will have to be priced lower. PS3 owners need to flood their (Sony's) blog and demand that this happens!slyydevil

The controllers won't have to be priced lower. The technology might be cheaper to manufacture but its providing a new techology to the customer. Just because you can produce something cheaper doesn't mean you have to sell it cheaper. If the world lived off that idea, everyone would be broke. Take for example the fact that a pair of shoes costs $20 to make and they sell them for $120. Yes some of that 100 goes to factory workers and bills to keep the factory running but a lot of it goes right into the shoe company's pockets. Why not get rid of that pocket amount and sell for less by your thoery?

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
Why the Hell Sony wouldn't put it in there since they supposedly developed it in "partnership" with Immersion is beyond me :?
Windblade91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Windblade91
Member since 2006 • 4343 Posts

imho?

sony will do it

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Rumble is lame, only force feedback is good.
noir325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 noir325
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

sucks

slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slyydevil

[QUOTE="slyydevil"]^^ That and I think Sony want's to be able to charge the same price as the original sixaxis and if they go the route of touchsense the controllers will have to be priced lower. PS3 owners need to flood their (Sony's) blog and demand that this happens!The_Rick_14

The controllers won't have to be priced lower. The technology might be cheaper to manufacture but its providing a new techology to the customer. Just because you can produce something cheaper doesn't mean you have to sell it cheaper. If the world lived off that idea, everyone would be broke. Take for example the fact that a pair of shoes costs $20 to make and they sell them for $120. Yes some of that 100 goes to factory workers and bills to keep the factory running but a lot of it goes right into the shoe company's pockets. Why not get rid of that pocket amount and sell for less by your thoery?

Yeah, I get your point.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

[QUOTE="slyydevil"]^^ That and I think Sony want's to be able to charge the same price as the original sixaxis and if they go the route of touchsense the controllers will have to be priced lower. PS3 owners need to flood their (Sony's) blog and demand that this happens!slyydevil

Yeah, I get your point.

And thinking about it more, I get your point as well. The big thing Immersion keeps stating is that touchsense is actually cheaper so people would expect a new controller to be cheaper.

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
I thought we were getting touch sense from the beginning. I really hope they use the new technology because putting out a next-gen system and then redoing the controllers so that they will be on par with old technology is kind of dumb. Hopefully they'll smarten up and go with the new tech.
snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
The next-gen rumble is cheaper and better why not use it Sony?
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
yea its new technolgy. 1 motor that sends vibration out different directions.