I'm thinking about getting bioshock infinite for ps3 but...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

truegamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 truegamer92
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

for those who just picked up bioshock infinite, can you guys tell me how the game looks and plays on the ps3?  I just want to make sure it runs well before I drop 60 bucks on it.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Plays, looks, and sounds incredible! Its already my game of the year an hour into the game. I'd be playing still but I got class early tomorrow. Definitely recommend this new masterpiece to the PS3 library.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'll pick it up once its in the bargain bin.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#4 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I am picking mine up shortly. 100% sure it will be all those things you mentioned.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

sukraj

Unless you're struggling for money, this is just wrong. I try to support real developers when I can. Granted I haven't played the game yet and cant stay the game is awesome from my personal opinion but all these reviews cant be wrong. This is the reason we get sequel after sequel folks.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

sukraj

I just bought Bioshock Infinite for only $39.72 (after tax) at kmart.... The cashier automatically gives you $5 award card, you automatically get $10 shop your way reward points and I double stacked that deal with another $10 reward coupon receipt.

Plus, you are automatically getting Bioshock 1 in the deal as it comes with Bioshock Infinite. If there are games to pay for, this is it. Lot of bang for your buck. You don't have to pay $60 but you don't have to wait for bargain bin price if you look for a deal. 

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

looks fine on ps3 i dont see why its getting hate. Yes it looks better on a new pc but ps3 is 7 years old come on now. 

OldSnake-PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OldSnake-PS3
Member since 2013 • 159 Posts

bioshock 1 & 2 ran great on ps3, cant wait to get my copy :cool:

truegamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 truegamer92

hey, I just got a chance to see the game and honestly, I think it looks great.  I don't know what everyone is complaining about.  Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure pc looks tons better but I think the ps3 is doing a masterful job considering its age.  I'm getting it now!

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

sukraj

Get a job and you won't have to wait.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Personally, I think the graphics on it are kinda weak after playing Tomb Raider and GoW:A. But it is a very good game. I'm having fun with it.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Thinking of getting this game too but I haven't played any Bioshock games ever. Do I need to the first two to understand this game and if so whats the best way to get them. I was looking to download infinite off PSN but I'm not sure if thats the best way since buying all three games seperately would be over $100 on PSN.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaRq_MiNoS

Thinking of getting this game too but I haven't played any Bioshock games ever. Do I need to the first two to understand this game and if so whats the best way to get them. I was looking to download infinite off PSN but I'm not sure if thats the best way since buying all three games seperately would be over $100 on PSN.

Zidaneski

Infinite is a different game with different characters and setting and stuff. It has the same flavor as the other Bioshock games though. But no, you don't need to play the others first. If you buy the physical copy of Infinite, it comes with Bioshock 1 for free, which is also a great game. That's basically all you need, because Bioshock 2 was kind of a rehash of the first one without any new ideas or anything. If you play 1 and Infinite, and are interested in Bioshock 2, you can pick it up used at Gamestop for $10 or less I think.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
i loved the firs bioshock and finished it, but halway through bioshock 2 i was kind of bored and never got myself finishing the story... the first two games share the same location, more or less the same mechanic and other than a few tweaked enemies same roster... i have bought but not played infinite yet, but as far as i know the plot and the setting is independent from the previous titles...
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chocolate1325

I am about 5 hours in and can safely say this game is just mindblowing.

truegamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 truegamer92

chocolate1325

how do you think it looks?

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

for those who just picked up bioshock infinite, can you guys tell me how the game looks and plays on the ps3?  I just want to make sure it runs well before I drop 60 bucks on it.

truegamer92

Why the doubts? Original Bioshock was fantastic and the second game also run beautifully on the PS3. Maybe putting a little less faith into fanboys opinions will help you keep a clear mind in future. ;)

Avatar image for WonderfulTonite
WonderfulTonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WonderfulTonite
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

Awesome I just scored a deal on a PS3.  I was thinking about building a PC mainly for this game but the main difference I'm seeing in comparison videos is higher resolution textures/lighting and that's PC on ultra compared to PS3 so I'm sure console is mediumish settings which is impressive.  

Avatar image for Rioichi21Cooper
Rioichi21Cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Rioichi21Cooper
Member since 2012 • 246 Posts

I pre-ordered my copy for £29.99 at Tesco, which is a bargain compared to buying a digital copy on PSN for over £55 in my opinion. I haven't been on it yet but from I've seen it looks beautiful on the PS3!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chocolate1325

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

truegamer92

how do you think it looks?

Gorgeous without doubt one of the best looking games ever Columbia is massive and a joy to wander round.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#21 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

I actually just beat it, go buy it now! I cannot express in words how satisfied I am with the game. On all aspects, fantastic.

truegamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 truegamer92

thanks for the feedback guys!  I just bought it.  Gonna play it tonight when I get home from work. 

WonderfulTonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WonderfulTonite

I actually just beat it, go buy it now! I cannot express in words how satisfied I am with the game. On all aspects, fantastic.

Jakesta7

Framerate?  Any screen tearing?  How many hours did it take?  What difficulty do you suggest or did you play on?  Sorry for all questions I ordered my PS3 so won't be able to play till at least next week.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I got the game yesterday.

I can't wait to try it out with the PS MOVE.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

StrongBlackVine

feel good about yourself now? the hell was that about
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

BH14

I just bought Bioshock Infinite for only $39.72 (after tax) at kmart.... The cashier automatically gives you $5 award card, you automatically get $10 shop your way reward points and I double stacked that deal with another $10 reward coupon receipt.

Plus, you are automatically getting Bioshock 1 in the deal as it comes with Bioshock Infinite. If there are games to pay for, this is it. Lot of bang for your buck. You don't have to pay $60 but you don't have to wait for bargain bin price if you look for a deal. 

I bought the Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition earlier today for $30, then this evening I bought Bioshock: Infinite and found out that it came with the original, lol. 2 quick questions guys 1) Is the Bioshock included with Infinite a download code or is it on disc (I havent opened the game yet, lol) 2) Should I replay 1 and 2 before jumping into Infinite? Are the stories connected or not?
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spartan_N7

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

StrongBlackVine

Really? Im not picking up Gears of War: Judgement for a while (No Xbox Live atm), but I could easily go buy it now if I wanted.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaRq_MiNoS

1) Bioshock 1 is on the disk.

2) You don't need to play the earlier Bioshock games. This story actually occurs before the other Bioshocks, and they're not connected. Different characters, different city, different story. It's just got the feel of the other Bioshock games with the kind of weird hidden utopian city thing going on, and with the gameplay.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Spartan_N7
Ah alright. I might just jump into Infinite then, lol.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chocolate1325

Beat it and I can say you must play it the game is one of the best experiences of this gen.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Got mine for only $13 brand new after 2 trade ins. Definitely worth it for PS3.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

BH14

Dang dude that's awesome!!!
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

it goes like this:

PC > PS3 > Xbox

WonderfulTonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WonderfulTonite

it goes like this:

PC > PS3 > Xbox

Gue1

No not really.  

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
Ah alright. I might just jump into Infinite then, lol. Spartan_N7
I just want to add and not trying to spoil anything.............. but knowing Bioshock 1 is nice for one small tiny segment of the game.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I had to get it for Xbox (they were out of preorders for the ps3 premium edition) and it looks pretty good and plays well.  Sure, the PC one will obviously look better, but by no means does it look bad, and I'd imagine the ps3 version looks the same as the xbox one.  Definitely an awesome game and worth playing no matter the platform.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I paid £50 for this game off the PS Store including a £15 season pass and I do not regret my purchase what so ever.   The game looks amazing on the PS3.   A lot of reviewers and people in general have made out the console versions to be vastly inferior than the PC versions.  Which might be true but the PS3 version certainly holds up well graphically, framerate is very smooth for me.  

WonderfulTonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WonderfulTonite

I had to get it for Xbox (they were out of preorders for the ps3 premium edition) and it looks pretty good and plays well.  Sure, the PC one will obviously look better, but by no means does it look bad, and I'd imagine the ps3 version looks the same as the xbox one.  Definitely an awesome game and worth playing no matter the platform.

blueboxdoctor

Well after watching an elaborate comparison the XBOX 360 does not screen tear but it gets a lower average framerate and more dips then the PS3 but the PS3 has screen tearing so its really a toss up between the two.  I got mine for PS3 and will have to wait till tomorrow to try it out.  PC mainly has better textures and from far away there really isn't a difference consoles did a good job and manages 720p native.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
Played around at a friend's, it looks awesome. I will get it on the PS3
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#41 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
I bought it yesterday. It looks and plays fine. Amazing game, I'm only about an hour into it. Obviously the PC version will look way better though. The PS3 is dated by now.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

PS3 has the best versions of Bioshock for the complete series as far as consoles go. Of Course PC has the best versions.

truegamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 truegamer92

I've been playing it for the last couple of days and so far I'm liking it.  The graphics are good but I think they could be better.  Although the gameplay is great I feel like the low rez graphics take a little away from the experience.  i hope it gets ported to the ps4 with better graphics.  I wouldn't mind buying it again.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

sukraj
This game is worth well more than a bargain bin purchase.
WonderfulTonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WonderfulTonite

Well I just played it and I can say the game looks amazing.  The shadows are smooth and the game is the most vibrant I have seen.  Sure some textures don't look pretty up close but it is one of the best looking, most artistically, crafted games.  Don't know why the reviewers (especially ign) nagged on the console version and claimed it didn't cause the amount of jaw dropping that Bioshock did in 2007, when in fact my jaw hit the floor and stayed there.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

it goes like this:

PC > PS3 > Xbox

WonderfulTonite

No not really.  

What makes you say that? Are you more of an expert than Eurogamer's Digital Foundry on the matter?
ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

BH14

Is K-Mart paying you? Just kidding but seriously my local K-Marts deals suck.