I'm thinkin about just sellin my Vita and getting ANOTHER PS3, yo. Should I?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

getsmizacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 getsmizacked
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

So Ima be real. I never play my Vita. All of the games I have for it are the PS+ ones.

I recently got a huge TV for the living room,  and really want a PS3 in there for 3D games/movies.

I already have a PS3 in my room at my desk. This is perfect because I play a lot of Gran Turismo and have a wheel setup, which wouldn't be possible in the living room.

Thing is, I don't just toss around money. If I get another PS3, I'd want to subsidize the cost by selling my Vita. That way it'd only cost like 100 bucks or a little more.

If I did sell the Vita, I'd wait until after Gamescom this August in case Sony does a little dance and makes the Vita more appealing to me.

Also for the record, I don't plan on getting a PS4 for a long time.

Should I do it? Would you do it? I need some honest opinions (especially from you, Namgis) folks. Thanks.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
So move your PS3 into the other room.. Go download Zero's Escape on Vita. I can't stop playing.
Vidpci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vidpci
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

Sell the vita and put the money towards a ps4.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Well, I can't tell you to not sell your Vita if you aren't getting any use of it, but I don't think a second PS3 is necessary. How often do you think you would switch between TVs? Because you could just move the PS3 back and forth. I just don't think it would be worth it to have the luxury of playing on either TV whenever you want when you can just take a minute or 2 to set it up on the other TV each time. So, sure, sell your Vita if you really want to- I personally love the thing, but there are better ways to spend the money.
sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
I wouldn't sell it. I'm sure you'll play it later on more than you think and I don't think you really need another PS3.
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I rather have 1 Vita and 1 ps3 over having ps3's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#7 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Personally, I think you should put the money towards a PS4 instead.  But since you don't want to get the PS4 right now, then my answer isn't so clear.

I think a second PS3 could be beneficial, especially if your other PS3 is old or problematic, or if you have someone else in your household that you could possibly play online multiplayer games with that lack local play.

A lot of PS3 games I've come across lack local play, unfortunately.  Also, a lot of PS3 games only let one player sign into their account to play.  So if you want to play PSASBR with a friend, for example, only player 1 is getting achievements and unlocking stuff for their account.  So a second PS3 could remedy this problem.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
I would just get another HDMI cable and power cable and move the current PS3 from room to room. Much cheaper, basically same result, and you get to hang on to your Vita to either sell later towards PS4 or keep and use with PS4 if the Vita becomes more appealing.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

No, something that catches your interest might come out later on. I wouldn't give up on it just yet.

Avatar image for GlitchOnMyLevel
GlitchOnMyLevel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GlitchOnMyLevel
Member since 2013 • 136 Posts
I personally regret selling mine after hearing how it can be used with the ps4. The nintendo Wii U gamepad, off tv play was the best lol
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I wouldn't sell it. It's going to have a bigger role this upcoming generation with remote play and the PS4.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Having two PS3's is a bit silly considering you don't like to toss around money. Just move the PS3 back and forth when necessary. I'd understand if you we're interested in a 360 - at least you'd be able to play its exclusives.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
A ps4 seems like a better investment seeing how you want it for movies shows and the ocassional game
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If you have the cash get another PS3. If you don't then sell the vita and put the money towards a PS3.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Unless you have friends and/or family that will play the 2nd PS3 while you're playing the other I wouldn't do it. It's a waste. That said, if you're not using your Vita and it's collecting dust, that is also a waste. Personally, I think the Vita is a fantastic machine that's just coming into its own, but if you're not using it to its potential, sell it and let someone else give it some love.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i love my vita, but if you dont play urs then maybe u should sell it.

games may come out for the vita that catch ur interest eventually, but eventually we all grow old and die.

if nothing even announced for the vita catches ur eye, then f*** it.

but you might find ur self next month longing to play *blank* on ur old vita