I'm starting to get a little worried.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 si7ver
Member since 2003 • 656 Posts

Even-though Sony has a strong line up coming in the next couple of months and the introduction of Home.  I'm worried that Sony just wont be able to catch the compotition.  It seems that the updates that are released just fill in gaps that the compotition already have.  And it still seems to fall somewhat short of basic features (ie custom tracks). I just hope Sony can really meet up w/ the compotition head on at some point.  IMO.  What do you think?

-777-

Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
They will, just be patient.
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
sony is all ways the garanted winner, ps, ps2, its all ready written, ps3 will win out and last for years longer then any thing else. developers don't abandon sonys machines at the first sign of its end, as soon as sony get a good 10 million units out there it will become set for life. look how successful the ps2 still is, madness when compared to the long dead gc and xbox.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Personally, I'm getting a bit tired myself of waiting for functionality that should have been included out of the box.  It feels that for every step forward Sony takes, they are still 3 steps behind the competition.  But like others have said, have some patience & I'm sure it will all work out in the end.  But I agree with you, it gets tiring waiting for really good things to happen on the PS3 & I feel that the year head start that MS got on Sony this time around really hurt the PS3. 

Oh well, I can always go play Motorstorm for the Kazillionth time I guess...

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

Even-though Sony has a strong line up coming in the next couple of months and the introduction of Home. I'm worried that Sony just wont be able to catch the compotition. It seems that the updates that are released just fill in gaps that the compotition already have. And it still seems to fall somewhat short of basic features (ie custom tracks). I just hope Sony can really meet up w/ the compotition head on at some point. IMO. What do you think?

Do more people own Mercedes Benzs or Fords? Does Mercedes worry that millions buy Ford but only a few will buy a benz? No. There will always be a cheaper alternative.     

-777-

si7ver
si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 si7ver

Personally, I'm getting a bit tired myself of waiting for functionality that should have been included out of the box.  It feels that for every step forward Sony takes, they are still 3 steps behind the competition.  But like others have said, have some patience & I'm sure it will all work out in the end.  But I agree with you, it gets tiring waiting for really good things to happen on the PS3 & I feel that the year head start that MS got on Sony this time around really hurt the PS3. 

Oh well, I can always go play Motorstorm for the Kazillionth time I guess...

ColoradoKindBud

Yeah man.  The last update that Sony rolled out was nice but there is still a long way to go.  I hope they don't roll out Home and then add basic funtionality "In future updates."  Just hold off the release until it's perfect.

-777-

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
They will, just be patient.Paul_TheGreat
JoeyDrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JoeyDrey
Member since 2003 • 458 Posts
compotition, its spelled competition, anyways, no I am not worried and nor should you be.  All you do by saying that is give the fanboys more of an argument. 
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
why does everyone expect the most out of the box when xbox had 2 gens to get the on-line to were it is. sony never had on-line features before. this is there first syatem to have this built into the system. ps 2 never had the on-line thing at first so thre ps 2 was not design around that. remember 360 did not have these features at first either so why are you scared. i don't see 360 having home or even be able to go on-line web sites. i think sony is doing great so far to bad the 360 fans are giving it a bad name. they now were they were a year ago. wishing they had the things you are listing now. stop compering a almost 2 year console to a 6 mouths old counsole it sicking me.
Dagnelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dagnelli
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

Lets not forget that PS2 sold more then 100.000.000 units, if 60% of the same people that bought the PS2 buy the PS3 we will have, at least, 60.000.000 units sold in 4 to 5 years.

PSN: Spawn27 

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 si7ver

compotition, its spelled competition, anyways, no I am not worried and nor should you be.  All you do by saying that is give the fanboys more of an argument.  JoeyDrey

Dude relax!  I made a typo.  Big deal :roll:

-777-

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

Even-though Sony has a strong line up coming in the next couple of months and the introduction of Home. I'm worried that Sony just wont be able to catch the compotition. It seems that the updates that are released just fill in gaps that the compotition already have. And it still seems to fall somewhat short of basic features (ie custom tracks). I just hope Sony can really meet up w/ the compotition head on at some point. IMO. What do you think?

-777-

si7ver

a) It's compEtition.

b) The compEtition had a year head start to add those features. Most of which are just fluff anyways. (Custom tracks? Seriously?)

When the games come out, gamers will forget about the fluff and be glad they opted for this system. 

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

why does everyone expect the most out of the box when xbox had 2 gens to get the on-line to were it is. sony never had on-line features before. this is there first syatem to have this built into the system. ps 2 never had the on-line thing at first so thre ps 2 was not design around that. remember 360 did not have these features at first either so why are you scared. i don't see 360 having home or even be able to go on-line web sites. i think sony is doing great so far to bad the 360 fans are giving it a bad name. they now were they were a year ago. wishing they had the things you are listing now. stop compering a almost 2 year console to a 6 mouths old counsole it sicking me.GARRYTH

I guess you never played on Xbox Live with the first Xbox. It was awesome then and is even better now. Also the PS2 did have online features but they were not good. Who actually uses a web browser on their console? Also many of the features the everyone expected came with the xbox at launch. Integrated friends list, streaming media, etc

Trek5200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trek5200
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts

Deihmos....you had to edit that twice??  By the way I called Sony and told them you were unhappy with them.  They said they would like to hae a sit down with you and Mr. Gates and see if there is someway that they can make it up to you.  Perhaps then you can lay off the PS3 boards.  You only post here and in SW, nothing in the beloved 360 boards?  What they don't like you?  Well don't worry champ we love you!! 

I don't think we have anything to worry about with the PS3, I would say the majority of us are very happy with our purchase and some of us even use the web browser on our PS3.....sometimes to even post here.  Everyone needs to just wave at the hypewagon as it rolls past and not jump on it.  I for one think it is a great time to be a PS3 owner and I don't regret it for a second.  This is why I NEVER post negative crap in the 360 boards. 

haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Dont get worried just wait, besides did you buy the ps3 to play games or to do that other stuff.
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
I was thinking the same last night. But its better to hold this argument for a year. When the PS3 has had time to make the same impact as the 360.
Vampire7639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Vampire7639
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts
Sony won't let Microsoft or Nintendo take away their market. Before long it will be far better than the others :)
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts

sony is all ways the garanted winner, ps, ps2, its all ready written, ps3 will win out and last for years longer then any thing else. developers don't abandon sonys machines at the first sign of its end, as soon as sony get a good 10 million units out there it will become set for life. look how successful the ps2 still is, madness when compared to the long dead gc and xbox.magrappy

Your part of the reason why there is so much hostility towards PS3 and it's fans this generation.  Cut the ignorant BS just a bit..

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Deihmos

Deihmos....you had to edit that twice??  By the way I called Sony and told them you were unhappy with them.  They said they would like to hae a sit down with you and Mr. Gates and see if there is someway that they can make it up to you.  Perhaps then you can lay off the PS3 boards.  You only post here and in SW, nothing in the beloved 360 boards?  What they don't like you?  Well don't worry champ we love you!! 

I don't think we have anything to worry about with the PS3, I would say the majority of us are very happy with our purchase and some of us even use the web browser on our PS3.....sometimes to even post here.  Everyone needs to just wave at the hypewagon as it rolls past and not jump on it.  I for one think it is a great time to be a PS3 owner and I don't regret it for a second.  This is why I NEVER post negative crap in the 360 boards. 

Trek5200

Did I say something negative? I had to correct the previous fanboy rediculous statements and aren't you tired of being moderated?

feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 feel_freetwo
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
ps3 is up agasint the greatest competition the industry has ever seen, and yet, its outsold the xbox360 in japan, its doing better then the xbox360 did in its first year. and its broken records in europe. theres so much negativity surrounding the ps3, your bound to be concerned if you listern to it. just wait a while, by this chrismas the ps3 will be kicking ass.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Even-though Sony has a strong line up coming in the next couple of months and the introduction of Home.  I'm worried that Sony just wont be able to catch the compotition.  It seems that the updates that are released just fill in gaps that the compotition already have.  And it still seems to fall somewhat short of basic features (ie custom tracks). I just hope Sony can really meet up w/ the compotition head on at some point.  IMO.  What do you think?

-777-

si7ver

every article on the intenet beleives the PS3 will eventuially be the leader ,  even  the ones that talked crap against them.

Jackopeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Jackopeng
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts
I wouldnt call custom soundtracks a basic feature...
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Deihmos
[QUOTE="si7ver"]

-777-

joevfx

every article on the intenet beleives the PS3 will eventuially be the leader ,  even  the ones that talked crap against them.

I can find so many articles that think differently. The fact is no one knows and I honestly don't know why anyone cares. You bought a PS3 just be happy with it and stop the whining.
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
[QUOTE="si7ver"]

-777-

joevfx

i agree there is no reason to get all worried and freak out

risqu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 risqu3
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]why does everyone expect the most out of the box when xbox had 2 gens to get the on-line to were it is. sony never had on-line features before. this is there first syatem to have this built into the system. ps 2 never had the on-line thing at first so thre ps 2 was not design around that. remember 360 did not have these features at first either so why are you scared. i don't see 360 having home or even be able to go on-line web sites. i think sony is doing great so far to bad the 360 fans are giving it a bad name. they now were they were a year ago. wishing they had the things you are listing now. stop compering a almost 2 year console to a 6 mouths old counsole it sicking me.Deihmos

I guess you never played on Xbox Live with the first Xbox. It was awesome then and is even better now. Also the PS2 did have online features but they were not good. Who actually uses a web browser on their console? Also many of the features the everyone expected came with the xbox at launch. Integrated friends list, streaming media, etc

fail xbox live was not out of the box for xbox 1 

rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihmos"]

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]why does everyone expect the most out of the box when xbox had 2 gens to get the on-line to were it is. sony never had on-line features before. this is there first syatem to have this built into the system. ps 2 never had the on-line thing at first so thre ps 2 was not design around that. remember 360 did not have these features at first either so why are you scared. i don't see 360 having home or even be able to go on-line web sites. i think sony is doing great so far to bad the 360 fans are giving it a bad name. they now were they were a year ago. wishing they had the things you are listing now. stop compering a almost 2 year console to a 6 mouths old counsole it sicking me.risqu3

fail xbox live was not out of the box for xbox 1 

He is clearly speaking about the xbox 360. The first Xbox did not have the ability to stream media on a network.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]why does everyone expect the most out of the box when xbox had 2 gens to get the on-line to were it is. sony never had on-line features before. this is there first syatem to have this built into the system. ps 2 never had the on-line thing at first so thre ps 2 was not design around that. remember 360 did not have these features at first either so why are you scared. i don't see 360 having home or even be able to go on-line web sites. i think sony is doing great so far to bad the 360 fans are giving it a bad name. they now were they were a year ago. wishing they had the things you are listing now. stop compering a almost 2 year console to a 6 mouths old counsole it sicking me.Deihmos

umm i use the web browser in fact ive used up 10GIGS from downloadin vidoes from gamespot directly to the systrem using the WEB BROSWER. the other 10GIGS out of my 60GIG harddrive is videos from google using MPEG Directly from the browser. also whats the ect im sure u can list more than that(im not being smart i really want u to list more than two things

soundthealarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soundthealarm
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
this topic is so 2 weeks ago
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
its a year behind and its allready got about a third the amount of consoles sold as the 360 did, i dont think theres much to worry about