Im split. Which should I get: DMC or Ni no Kuni

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

I am honestly split between the two.

I dont know which to get and I only have money for one.

Which are you getting and why?

Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I'm getting Ni no Kuni. It might end up being the best RPG on the PS3 thus far.

As for DMC. For me it goes like this:

DMC1: Amazing, redefined the genre

DMC2: Disappointing, just alright (some would say worse things)

DMC3: One of my favourite games ever

DMC4: Massive disappointment, my worst purchase this gen, awful

DMC: Not getting a second of my time

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ni No Kuni because good console JRPGs are rare these days and they need consumer support. Hack n slashers are a dime a dozen these days, plus we know there will be tons of people buying DMC so they don't need your support as badly.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

For me, its a question of giving Level-5 my money, or CAPCOM/Ninja Theory.....

I go with Level-5 because they make excellent games (Dragonquest 8, Rogue Galaxy) and they don't screw their fans over with on disc dlc, overpriced dlc ect.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I agree with the people above me. I'd buy Ni No Kuni to support JRPGs and Level 5. I like DMC, but I'm not too fond of Capcom nowadays.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Ni No Kuni first, then get DMC when it's cheap so Capcom gets less and Ninja Theory can cry more.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i buy first ni no kuni and after price drop i get dmc
cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts

ni no kuni no question.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Ni No Kuni. No question.

Ni No Kuni is a brilliantly designed, original, unique RPG with a great story, great story-telling mechanics and a really intuitive and fun battle system. It's also being designed by Studio Ghibli and Level 5. One of the best animation studios and one of the best game developers.

DMC on the other hand is a very generic, by-the-books, linear hack n' slash.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

id get DMC. i dont know why everyone is so excited over this Ni No kuni game or whatever. i was actually hoping they would release a nice mature JRPG since they haven't done that in a while but this game is just another one of those wierd anime types fighting marshmallows and what not. i just can't get myself to play something that childish anymore.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Ni No Kuni for me personally since I enjoy good RPG/JRPG more then hack n slash titles.

Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

Thanks everyone.

I think I am going to get Ni no Kuni.

I was going to go reserve it at gamestop today but the manager was being a complete ass about it so i decided to leave lol.

Ill reserve it tomorrow at a different gamestop.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

id get DMC. i dont know why everyone is so excited over this Ni No kuni game or whatever. i was actually hoping they would release a nice mature JRPG since they haven't done that in a while but this game is just another one of those wierd anime types fighting marshmallows and what not. i just can't get myself to play something that childish anymore.

idunnodude

It's not childish at all.

The target demographic is a lot older than you're probably thinking.

The battle system is too complex and sophisticated for a little kid to understand.

And Studio Ghibli is responsible for some movies that a lot of people my age, people in their early 20s, have grown up with.

Don't be so narrow-minded. Don't judge a book by its cover. I thought that was a lesson we all learned when we were young.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I'd go with DmC.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Ni No Kuni because DmC is an even bigger insult to hardcore action game fans than DMC4 was. Do yourself a favor and get Bayonetta instead if you want a game in the genre.
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts

i buy first ni no kuni and after price drop i get dmcCTR360
this is my plan

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

DMC. Ni no is for pedos.

StrongBlackVine

The amazing loud slapping sound you just heard was the sound of my palm, hitting my face in lightspeed.

Anyways, no matter if trolling or not, congratulations to you for making this my new signature, I've sworn to myself the third time I read something amazingly stupid on GS is the time when it shall become my sig.

And jeez, bzw. Edit: To answer the initial question: Ni No Kuni for sure, for various above stated reasons.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
If you like RPGs, then get Ni No Kuni. If not, then get Devil May Cry.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
getting ni no kuni because i want a jrpg, never was a fan of devil may cry
Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

idunnodude

"this Ni No kuni game or whatever" Lol.

"i was actually hoping they would release a nice mature JRPG" Who are "they"? The game industry as a whole?!

Ni No Kuni by far, it's unique, has lots of content and it's a polished RPG that this gen has been lacking.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

GeoffZak

The battle system is too complex and sophisticated for a little kid to understand.

And Studio Ghibli is responsible for some movies that a lot of people my age, people in their early 20s, have grown up with.

Don't be so narrow-minded. Don't judge a book by its cover. I thought that was a lesson we all learned when we were young.

You are responding to a bro gaming troll. Don't bother wasting your time. Some gamers are just WAY too insecure with their manhood to be willing to step away from bro gamer games to experience games like this.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts
[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

AmazonTreeBoa

You are responding to a bro gaming troll. Don't bother wasting your time. Some gamers are just WAY too insecure with their manhood to be willing to step away from bro gamer games to experience games like this.

lol whatever that means. you guys are way too sensitive if you get that offended about me talking about a game. the main character is a child, you go around fighting little marshmallow things. looks pretty childish to me. plus i just think the whole turn based battle system is outdated, especially when you're fighting little mushrooms and stuff lol i just can't take it seriously. im not bashing the game lol. the graphics and art style and all that looks great. im just not into the whole anime thing. it just looks like its made for kids. i think i actually might get it for my lil bro.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

idunnodude

lol whatever that means. you guys are way too sensitive if you get that offended about me talking about a game. the main character is a child, you go around fighting little marshmallow things. looks pretty childish to me. plus i just think the whole turn based battle system is outdated, especially when you're fighting little mushrooms and stuff lol i just can't take it seriously. im not bashing the game lol. the graphics and art style and all that looks great. im just not into the whole anime thing. it just looks like its made for kids. i think i actually might get it for my lil bro.

The only thing you managed to do with that response is confirm you know absolutely nothing about the game and haven't even played the demo, which pretty much voids your opinion.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="idunnodude"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] You are responding to a bro gaming troll. Don't bother wasting your time. Some gamers are just WAY too insecure with their manhood to be willing to step away from bro gamer games to experience games like this.

The only thing you managed to do with that response is confirm you know absolutely nothing about the game and haven't even played the demo, which pretty much voids your opinion.

There's a demo? I heard great things about it so I wanted to try it out before I decide on a purchase
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Tough call, but I'd likely go for Ni No Kuni since I've never been much of a DMC fan to begin with. But from what I've played, I'd recommend DMC all the same to anybody who enjoys action games, plus Ninja Theory is, IMO, a very good developer and should be rewarded for the great work they do and have done.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="idunnodude"] lol whatever that means. you guys are way too sensitive if you get that offended about me talking about a game. the main character is a child, you go around fighting little marshmallow things. looks pretty childish to me. plus i just think the whole turn based battle system is outdated, especially when you're fighting little mushrooms and stuff lol i just can't take it seriously. im not bashing the game lol. the graphics and art style and all that looks great. im just not into the whole anime thing. it just looks like its made for kids. i think i actually might get it for my lil bro.

There's a demo? I heard great things about it so I wanted to try it out before I decide on a purchase

Yes there is a demo. Came out a few weeks ago.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] The only thing you managed to do with that response is confirm you know absolutely nothing about the game and haven't even played the demo, which pretty much voids your opinion.

Yes there is a demo. Came out a few weeks ago.

I'll check it out then thanks
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Ni No Kuni. It looks to be the best JRPG of this generation.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Ni No Kuni. It looks to be the best JRPG of this generation.

Bubble_Man

That isn't saying much...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

That's a tough one. I have DmC and can honestly say it's among the very best this gen has to offer. Superb gameplay, best level design of the franchise, superb art design and visuals, less linear than previous entries, and a crapload of content and cleverly hidden secrets. It has it all really. I also anticipate Ni No Kuni, but I can't pass judgment on it.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#35 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I've got Ni No Kuni on Pre-Order and its an RPG which will keep you busy for weeks, unlike DMC which can be completed in a few hours

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Ni No Kuni would be my first choice over DMC.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
No no kuni, I got special edition preordered. Game looks awesome.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I would get Ni No Kuni. The game was actually built to run on PS3. DMC seems really cool for an action game, but I would nto pay $60 for a lesser version of a game from a developer who should know how to use the system by now due to creating Heavenly Sword exclusively on the platform. There is no excuse that the PS3 version should run worse than other versions in 2013. I have only played the demo of Ni No Kuni, but the game seems very charming. I would support the developers that actually know how to use hardware and say to no to the ones who try to cheat people out of an quality product.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I've got Ni No Kuni on Pre-Order and its an RPG which will keep you busy for weeks, unlike DMC which can be completed in a few hours

benleslie5

but should last you around 60 hours... DmC has never been about simply completing the game to the credits