I'm Sold on Demon's Souls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

I just downloaded a few trailers off PSN and well, quite simply, this game looks AWESOME!! The story, graphics and gameplay all look top notch. I will be picking this up day one and most likely waiting for uncharted 2.

For those that have played the import, what type of replay value does this game have? I've heard about coop and competitive play but I don't know anything about how they will be implemented into the game

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="Laxer04"]

I just downloaded a few trailers off PSN and well, quite simply, this game looks AWESOME!! The story, graphics and gameplay all look top notch. I will be picking this up day one and most likely waiting for uncharted 2.

For those that have played the import, what type of replay value does this game have? I've heard about coop and competitive play but I don't know anything about how they will be implemented into the game

welcome to the party...join I and we shall be parts on OCt.6th...lol
Racer_XLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Racer_XLR
Member since 2008 • 21664 Posts
I was sold the moment I read the Eurogamer review. Day. One. Purchase.
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

mm I preordered the U.S today from play-asia (its not being sold in Australia), loving the new dev walkthrough trailers, can't wait. Wish I had an idea of which class to start as

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

mm I preordered the U.S today from play-asia (its not being sold in Australia), loving the new dev walkthrough trailers, can't wait. Wish I had an idea of which class to start as

kate_jones
same here!!!....you seem like the type to do magic...hmm lol but on the real I want a Group so.....whos down to join thy squad ?
Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
Same here im sold, now i just need another 60 bucks, just bought uncharted 2...
Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

[QUOTE="kate_jones"]

Young_Charter

same here!!!....you seem like the type to do magic...hmm lol but on the real I want a Group so.....whos down to join thy squad ?

count me in, i'm sure i will need all the help i can get with this game. PSN= atmos_phere

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts

Laxer04
just so you know, you cant choose who you do co-op with; which drop this game to the bottom of my list.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
Same here, I was pulled in by its rumored difficulty level, but the more I see, the more I like. I've decided to wait for the US version because its supposed to come patched, and I don't have online access for the ps3 for an update. That part is important to know.
marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
Same here, I was pulled in by its rumored difficulty level, but the more I see, the more I like. I've decided to wait for the US version because its supposed to come patched, and I don't have online access for the ps3 for an update. That part is important to know.Ninja_Zombie83
wont not having online put you at a serious disadvantage in the game tho?
Avatar image for Kid_Notorious07
Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kid_Notorious07
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

i made up my mind to get it when i saw the first trailer looks like a welcome departure from easy games

ajh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ajh47
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
so is there towns u can visit 2 buy armor or weapons or do you just get awarded for beating foes?
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Cant wait!

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I want to get this game but is Best Buy selling this game because I cant find it on their website?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
im waiting until the 6th like you. however, i did read that you need to go back and reply the game a couple times on harder difficulties to get the platinum trophy. i dont know if their are any other incentives besides the trophy and bigger challenge though.
Reiji-Arisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Reiji-Arisu
Member since 2009 • 651 Posts
Nothing will stop me from getting it. Not even gamespot reviews.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]Same here, I was pulled in by its rumored difficulty level, but the more I see, the more I like. I've decided to wait for the US version because its supposed to come patched, and I don't have online access for the ps3 for an update. That part is important to know.marcl18123
wont not having online put you at a serious disadvantage in the game tho?

You know, I went on the DS forums and asked that same question. The replies I got was that I wouldn't be missing as much as I thought. The majority of the people said that multiplayer was a lot of fun and frustration, but preference was to play it through offline and as they got high level, went back online. Believe me when I say I wish I had online, but its not like CoD or MAG where its a must-have to enjoy the game. I was told to get it anyways, as the single player alone is well worth the money.
Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18 Stowik
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

I bought the import 3 or 4 months ago and spent around 20+ hours playing but lost interest.

First of all, the game is extremely difficult. I mean, it is more difficult than any other action game I have played.

Secondly, I want a strategy guide. That is the reason I haven't played it for a while. There are some confusing levels and I don't like going online every 10 mins. for answers. The more active the US forums get then I imagine it will be easier to understand the game.

The game is fun...I literally stood up and jumped after beating a boss on my 15th or so attempt.

It really rewards good timing.

I mean, if you are careless for one second, then you are dead. I found that I couldn't play in the morning when I was tired because my reaction time was too slow.

I didn't try multi-player much...

Overall, the art/mood/uniquenes of Demon's Souls make it worth checking out. I basically stuck with a melee class (soldier), but there are several classes to choose from.

I'm just looking forward to an Official Strategy Guide in English. I think it would be worth the money.

I would say Demon's Souls reminds me of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, with a little Diablo and a little Oblivion thrown in. However, it's very difficult to compare the game to others because it is pretty unique.

Bri294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bri294
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

Im here to help with your previous questions.

With reguards to not being able to play with who you want, this is false as, there may be no invite system, but as long as you are 10 levels within each other and chat text, you can do it. When the one person lays their blue stone make sure the other person knows right off the bat, know the exact area they are going to lay it and everything. If you do this then you can play together. I know this because I have played with my younger cousin and my friend. I imported my copy in may and got a copy for my cousin and my friend imported it too.

Oh and the strategy guide is not neccessary because there is a site called Demons souls english wiki, that will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about the game. HAVE FUN GUYS, I logged in 100 hours with one character and 80 with another, and I only reached 160 with one, level cap is 712. http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/demon-s-souls

Bri294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bri294

And another thing, when you pick a class you are not totally stuck with that class. All classes can be modified, that is just the stats of your starting character. Say if you wanted to start as a knight, like I did, but then needed a lot of magic later, you can do that. EVERYTHING can be upgraded on any class. So just pick the class you feel you want to start with and change them as you go. DONT GIVE UP This game is just too good to give up. And im not going to pick up the US version because it is basically the same game as the one I got, and with so many other great games coming out, I cant afford to just buy it to have another copy.

Bri294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bri294

anybody with other questions about demons souls, feel free to ask

Bri294 PSN

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
[QUOTE="Bri294"]

anybody with other questions about demons souls, feel free to ask

Bri294 PSN

Will best buy sell this game?
tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts
Seems like a game that is a must buy for the system. One of those games that is going to define a year. Could be GOTY if the cards fall right... ...Before you all flame me... I know its sitll early to tell.
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

Day 1

Bri294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bri294

I dont see why best buy would not carry the game, however I do not know if that collectors edition is an exclusive package for gamestop or not. The standard version should be available at best buy though when it launches.

LoverOfTheLamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LoverOfTheLamb
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

How do you know that you don't choose who is is that you do co-op with?

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

already had it a few months you people who are getting it on the US release are in for a treat.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
Yea, it was a day one purchase for me since E3.