Im confused on ~buyinga game. Which one is the best?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darkest93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darkest93
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

~im thinking of buying but ps3 games are not cheap so i have 3 ideas and can only pick one.

im thinking of buying the darkness, uncharted drakes fortune and resistance fall of man.

i can only pick one and im so confused!!

can u give me a hand on which one to buy? im thinking more of a 1st person shooter maybe.

edit: sorry for the mess up on the topic title!

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Get The Darkness.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I would personally recommend Uncharted: Drakes Fortune but if you're leaning towards First Person Shooter I'd say go with Call of Duty 4.

If you already have it, Resistance: Fall of Man is a great experience.

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
out of those, i would say Resistance. I know it's a launch-title but it's got massive replayability, good online and overall it's a very good game.
NosBigblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NosBigblock
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts
RFOM is a great, great game,I really love the single play and the single play has some lenght to it, but the online is ok. Call Of Duty 4 has a great single play but its short,but it has great online play. So I guess if your looking for a FPS then go with one of these and if your into online play I would go Call of Duty 4, but if you dont have high speed internet I would go RFOM..Oh krap I love both these games!!! Add me JustBad68
Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts
I was able to get Resistance at Target last week for $39.99!!! Pretty sweet deal I thought.
the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
defo uncharted.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
Uncharted and the Darkness are both good games. I'm really into a game with a good story and both of them have those.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
Uncharted is a great game.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
All 3 are games you should definitely play through, they're all really fun, so it's tough to recommend one. At this point I would recommend Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, because it's the most original experience, it has a great story, original gameplay, and the graphics are beautiful in HD. Overall, Resistance has the longest single player, and it's great, you can also play it split-screen co-op which is a huge plus, and it's the only game of the 3 with a really good online multiplayer. Resistance will give you the most replay value. I just recently started playing The Darkness, I always wanted to play it and expected it to be aweome, but it's even way better than I expected--awesome story, cool shenmue-style open world missions, and the darkness powers are really cool, I'm on the last chapter now and so far it's been great. Unfortunately I hear the online multiplayer sucks and I couldn't even find anyone playing when I tried the other day. I'm sure you can find the Darkness for $29.99. Also, I just picked up Stranglehold Collector's Edition for $29.99 and it was totally worth it, I would get the other 3 games first, but Stranglehold is really fun, if you've played the demo, it gets soo much cooler.
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
well resistance is gonna be a greatest hits title in march so you may wanna wait until the price comes down for it. I think it goes down to $29.99 or $39.99, either way cheaper than $59.99. Of those three I would recommend Uncharted or Resistance, Resistance does have a bit more replay value with its multiplayer support.
fakecliche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fakecliche
Member since 2008 • 668 Posts
The Darkness is the cheapest and it has the best story out of the 3. Get it!
zeke2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zeke2040
Member since 2005 • 1575 Posts
well i work , and can aford at least 8 games a month, if you have to choice one out of all of those, i would say uncharted , cause the story , graphics, game play is great... the other one's you have pick are great.. but uncharted is the number choice for me... i think those other might be on pre-own for about 20 buck... well atleast over here in miami florida games are cheap as heck.
Darkest93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkest93
im european!!
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
Get Uncharted as it is the best of your 3 choices that you gave us but if you want a real great shooter then pick COD4 or UTIII.
LiLCes909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LiLCes909
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts
I have RFOM and Uncharted, there both great, it depends what u like, if i had to chose one it would be RFOM, but Uncharted graphics are nice and its a new type of experience
fakecliche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fakecliche
Member since 2008 • 668 Posts

well i work , and can aford at least 8 games a month, if you have to choice one out of all of those, i would say uncharted , cause the story , graphics, game play is great... the other one's you have pick are great.. but uncharted is the number choice for me... i think those other might be on pre-own for about 20 buck... well atleast over here in miami florida games are cheap as heck.zeke2040

Who has the time to play 8 games a month?

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
What 8 games come out in a month that are worth playing is a better question.
stuartcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stuartcee
Member since 2002 • 12846 Posts
As I said in the other post you made with the same question I would get Uncharted.
ECD-Hollis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ECD-Hollis
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

~im thinking of buying but ps3 games are not cheap so i have 3 ideas and can only pick one.

im thinking of buying the darkness, uncharted drakes fortune and resistance fall of man.

can u give me a hand on which one to buy? im thinking more of a 1st person shooter maybe.

Darkest93

They are all terrible.

Zanarkun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zanarkun
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is the best ps3 game to date
woody411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 woody411
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
forget those games get stranglehold
srw3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 srw3
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
dont buy resistance its the worst fps on ps3
N0han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 N0han
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts
About that 8 games a month, thats really a lot of buying, not in money, i think most people can afford that if they really want to, however, what I wonder is: Which 8 games do you buy every month. My 'habit' is to buy one game a month, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. For example during Nov/Dec last year I bought more, while now im buying less. So my question is: how is it possible that you can find 8 new price worthy games? Most of the times one game a month is enough for me
trmather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 trmather
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

Uncharted is my favourite game out of the three, but seen as you're edging towards FPS games, Resistance is highly competent, especially online.

Don't bother with The Darkness though, it's terrible.

zeke2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeke2040

well i have time, and if i don't , i make the time...

[QUOTE="zeke2040"]well i work , and can aford at least 8 games a month, if you have to choice one out of all of those, i would say uncharted , cause the story , graphics, game play is great... the other one's you have pick are great.. but uncharted is the number choice for me... i think those other might be on pre-own for about 20 buck... well atleast over here in miami florida games are cheap as heck.fakecliche

Who has the time to play 8 games a month?

zeke2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zeke2040

dude i make more an your minimun wage... i get pay about 35 buck an hours.. so do that math...

[QUOTE="zeke2040"]well i work , and can aford at least 8 games a month, if you have to choice one out of all of those, i would say uncharted , cause the story , graphics, game play is great... the other one's you have pick are great.. but uncharted is the number choice for me... i think those other might be on pre-own for about 20 buck... well atleast over here in miami florida games are cheap as heck.somesthetic

wow! you must make at least minimum wage!

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
I wouldnt recommend Resistance, its pretty good but there are better games.
SnoSlider-PS3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 SnoSlider-PS3-
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts
Definetely Uncharted, only if you have hi-def. If not, don't buy anything untill you have a hi-def tv. It'l be worth the wait.
DarkHandlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DarkHandlez
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
Uncharted is a great game.joeychew
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Sephiroth169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sephiroth169
Member since 2003 • 334 Posts
Uncharted, it's by far the greatest game in the PS3 library. I personally found myself hating The Darkness. It had an AMAZING story but the gunplay was just so generic.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

yeah! have you heard of ps1 , ps2 or psp games they come out with good game as well... to me it sound like your an uptight person with lack of commonsense of things... you have no clue about gaming or anyting in general... enough said on my part... also what is an xbox 360 user doing in the playstation forums... ???

[QUOTE="somesthetic"]What 8 games come out in a month that are worth playing is a better question.zeke2040

PS1 games are still coming out?

What are you talking about?

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
TC - you've said you really want an FPS so Uncharted is out. Do you want a single player FPS with a great story? Get The Darkness. Do you want a FPS with a decent story and great online? Get Resistance (or Call of Duty 4).
Darkest93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Darkest93

Well guess the majority of people from this and the other one told me to buy uncharted... however i dont have a hd tv thats all but i guess its a cool game and i found 10 euros cheaper

Thks for the help!!!

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts

yeah! have you heard of ps1 , ps2 or psp games they come out with good game as well... to me it sound like your an uptight person with lack of commonsense of things... you have no clue about gaming or anyting in general... enough said on my part... also what is an xbox 360 user doing in the playstation forums... ???

[QUOTE="somesthetic"]What 8 games come out in a month that are worth playing is a better question.zeke2040

you know, it is possible to own more than one system. what does having a 360 have to do with this discussion?
EliteF50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EliteF50
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
Uncharted is kinda short, but it has lots of replay value. Resistance is long and fun, imo I'd go with Resistance
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#40 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
uncharted
Master_bender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Master_bender
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Darkest93
i would say UYncharted cuz darkness suks deep and im not a fan of resistance so Uncarted.
Master_bender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Master_bender
[QUOTE="Darkest93"]

Master_bender

i would say UYncharted cuz darkness suks deep and im not a fan of resistance so Uncarted.PS i chose this pic cuz of her coth and im not a girl

Avatar image for paper_heart1215
paper_heart1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 paper_heart1215
Member since 2008 • 209 Posts
All of the options that you have are worth the money you'll be spending; you really can't go wrong. If your leaning towards first person shooters I would have to say RFOM is a great game for that. Also if you're looking for a really exciting shooter game than Unreal Tournament 3 is a great game, one of my favorites.
Gimax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gimax1
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts
I have only Uncharted out of those you mentioned and I love it. You can't go wrong with it
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Of those, my vote is for Resistance. Based on the demos for the other two, I'd say second choice is Uncharted. Darkness demo was kinda fun, but it's easily third place out of those three.

Edit: Speaking of demos, all three of those games have demos on PSN. Instead of just asking complete strangers, have you tried downloading the FREE demos and trying the games yourself?

canesoulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 canesoulja
online i would go unreal tournametn but resistance is a let down and i havent played darkness.
Crazy_Squid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Crazy_Squid
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts

I really wouldn't buy The Darkness, it's very short, you'd be much better off just renting it =)

I like R:FOM alot, probably my fav PS3 game after Ratchet and Clank. Uncharted looks great too though.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#48 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
I'd recommend getting Folklore, Devil May Cry 4 or Uncharterd
hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

If you like FPSs, go get Resistance. If you prefer Adventure, Tomb Raider-like games, you should get Uncharted.

I would personally get Resistance: Good online and great (and long) single player experience. Also, I am not into Plataform Adventure games.

EDIT: Of course, that is if you can only choose between those. Otherwise, I would recomend The Orange Box. Great game collection and the best value/price ratio you can get.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
rent them all and then you decide or ....go with cod4 ....but if your an eager beaver go with uncharted