IGN's Top 25 PS3 Games!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

I have to say I like this list way more than the 360 list. Also I 100% AGREE with the #1 pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb80Aj6Mw1Y

Jack7238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jack7238
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I pretty much liked it, but A Crack in Time and Demon's Souls should be higher.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Valkyria Chronicles is too low on that list...
fluffers623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 fluffers623
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts
thats impressive for nd. both games of their series making it on that list.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

No Assassins Creed 2? Demons Souls should of been a little higher I believe. Pretty good list though.

tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

missing ACII and Resistance 2...

In fact.. they should drop Resistance FOM and add Resistance 2... it was way way way better.

And Wipeout HD? Seriously? Just get ACII on there and take off Wipeout and I'll be a happy PS3 gamer.

naaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 naaros
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

Yeah, no Assassin's Creed II is a little weird...

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
I have all of them except: MLB '09: The Show (Not released in Europe) Demon's Souls (Not released in Europe) Warhawk (Been meaning to get it) GTAIV (Have it on 360)
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
don't 100% agree but still nice list though
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

Love that Warhawk made the list. R2 should have made it. By the way, can Sony announce R3 and Starhawk now?

Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
i still dun get it why demons souls is in their 20s...i just duno how did these people rate the game
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 coughlanio

Love that Warhawk made the list. R2 should have made it. By the way, can Sony announce R3 and Starhawk now?

jyoung312
Well it would be down to Insomniac to announce Resistance 3 not Sony. But yeah, I hope it comes soon too.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I like the top 3, but I really feel the top ten could have easily consisted of nothing but exclusives since they really blow that other stuff away. Bioshock, Batman, and MW2 definitely deserve a place (as well as AC2), but Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles should have made the top ten. My list would look like this: 1. MGS4, 2. Demon's Souls, 3. Uncharted 2, 4. Killzone 2, 5. InFamous, 6. Valkyria Chronicles, 7. Batman AA, 8. LBP, 9. Bioshock, 10. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune...
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jyoung312
[QUOTE="jyoung312"]

havokmaster
Well it would be down to Insomniac to announce Resistance 3 not Sony. But yeah, I hope it comes soon too.

Sony is the publisher and owns the IP so they probably have a lot to do with Insomniac's PR for R3. I hope Sony starts announcing games for later in the year bc while the 1st part of the year is stacked, we know nothing about the all important Q3-Q4 games. I am hoping that either Starhawk or R3 gets announced for Q4 this year. Based on Insomniac's track record we are due for an announcement soon. I also want to see Agent and Last Guardian get dates. I bet KZ3 and Infamous 2 will be E3 reveals. Also what about Syphon Filter? Sony Bend is overdue for a ps3 title. Evolution should also have another excellent Motorstorm title for us in the future. Eat, Sleep, and Play are due to announce Twisted Metal for ps3 soon I hope. The Agency and DC Online need release dates.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 coughlanio
[QUOTE="havokmaster"][QUOTE="jyoung312"]

jyoung312

Sony is the publisher and owns the IP so they probably have a lot to do with Insomniac's PR for R3. I hope Sony starts announcing games for later in the year bc while the 1st part of the year is stacked, we know nothing about the all important Q3-Q4 games. I am hoping that either Starhawk or R3 gets announced for Q4 this year. Based on Insomniac's track record we are due for an announcement soon. I also want to see Agent and Last Guardian get dates. I bet KZ3 and Infamous 2 will be E3 reveals. Also what about Syphon Filter? Sony Bend is overdue for a ps3 title. Evolution should also have another excellent Motorstorm title for us in the future. Eat, Sleep, and Play are due to announce Twisted Metal for ps3 soon I hope. The Agency and DC Online need release dates.

Sony don't own the Resistance IP, Insomniac do.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jyoung312

[QUOTE="jyoung312"][QUOTE="havokmaster"] Well it would be down to Insomniac to announce Resistance 3 not Sony. But yeah, I hope it comes soon too. havokmaster

Actually Sony owns it, thus why Resistance: Retribution was made by another Sony Studio (Sony Bend studio, makers of syphon filter). "Website (c) 2009 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Resistance: Fall of Man™ & © 2007 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Insomniac Games. Resistance 2 ™ & © 2008 Sony Computer Entertainment America. Developed by Insomniac Games. Resistance: Retribution™ & © 2009 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Developed by Bend Game Studio. All titles Published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. The "PS" Family logo, "PlayStation" and "PLAYSTATION" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The Sony Computer Entertainment logo is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation. All rights reserved" Sony owns Resistance. I took that directly from resistance webpage

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
[QUOTE="havokmaster"][QUOTE="jyoung312"][QUOTE="havokmaster"] Well it would be down to Insomniac to announce Resistance 3 not Sony. But yeah, I hope it comes soon too.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case... Just look at the back cover of the games: the copyright and trademarks are registered to Sony.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 coughlanio
Strange...I'll take your word for it. I just thought that because Insomniac is a private company, they would own the IP.
caliburgst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 caliburgst
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
good list but i really dont know how assassins creed 2 didnt make it on that list
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
Strange...I'll take your word for it. I just thought that because Insomniac is a private company, they would own the IP.havokmaster
This happens a lot, actually. Independent devs rarely own their IP's - the rights usually go to the publisher.
Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

Demon's Souls was way too low.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

Decent list actually. I own 7 on the list (and 5 of the top 6) and 100% agree with their number 1 and number 2 selections. Probably the only game I would have liked to see on the list is Borderlands.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Valkyria Chronicles is too low on that list...funsohng

I think Valkyria Chronicles shouldn't be on that list at all.

MLB09 the Show is too low on that list.

Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

meh... my top 25 would be

25. Mirrors Edge
24. Far Cry 2
23. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
22. Assassins Creed
21. RAC: ACIT
20. Dead Space
19. Resistance 2
18. Klllzone 2
17. GTA 4
16. Dragon Age Origins
15. Modern Warfare 2
14. Resident Evil 5
13. Borderlands
12. Bioshock
11. InFamous
10. Fallout 3
9. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
8. Uncharted Drakes Fortune
7. Assassins Creed 2
6. Oblivion
5. Batman AA
4. Demons Souls
3. Little Big Planet
2. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
1. Metal Gear Solid 4

bananapotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bananapotato
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

I think IGN really screwed some things up one this list. Some games don't even deserve to be up there and some games aren't even on there or are waay too low than it should be such as Demon's Souls.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Too early to decide. God of War III, Heavy Rain, and a bunch of other games havnt even come out yet.

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
In fact.. they should drop Resistance FOM and add Resistance 2... it was way way way better.tonyf55
Seriously? Imo it took a dramatic step back and took everything away that made FOM great.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#28 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

[QUOTE="tonyf55"]In fact.. they should drop Resistance FOM and add Resistance 2... it was way way way better.Dan_Lero
Seriously? Imo it took a dramatic step back and took everything away that made FOM great.

I felt the exact same way. Resistance 2 had all the features, but Fall of man had all the fun.

And just wow, Valkyria Chronicles is way too low in my book. MW2 and Infamous' rankings are pretty fair. MGS4 was alright for me. And don't get me started on GTAIV.

If there is anything that should be off the list, it's Rockband.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Pretty good list, expected MGS4 to go out on the top spot, very well deserved.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#30 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Dead Space and Bioshock should be way higher

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 M0wen10

[QUOTE="Dan_Lero"][QUOTE="tonyf55"]In fact.. they should drop Resistance FOM and add Resistance 2... it was way way way better.Rhen_Var

I felt the exact same way. Resistance 2 had all the features, but Fall of man had all the fun.

And just wow, Valkyria Chronicles is way too low in my book. MW2 and Infamous' rankings are pretty fair. MGS4 was alright for me. And don't get me started on GTAIV.

If there is anything that should be off the list, it's Rockband.

Ouch! Definitely not

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 M0wen10

Little Big Planet and MGS4, seriously!

spyroiskool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spyroiskool
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

I agree with every game on the list, but not the placement of the games on the list. But bioshock so deserved to be closer to 1 more than mw2.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Uncharted 1 is waaaaaaaaaay too high- actually IMO it doesnt even deserve to be on the list

I liked ToD more CiT andI think ToD deserved a higher spot too

probably my 2 biggest problems

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 x8VXU6

Little Big Planet and MGS4, seriously!

M0wen10

MGS4 is in its rite spot, it got a perfect score and its one if not the best ever(its atleast in the top 3)

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It was a pretty good list ignoring the placement of the games. What I don't get is the fact that a lot of 07 exclusives were put higher than the games that came out later but everyone claimed that PS3 sucked in 2007. It's funny how they claimed 09 kicked butt for PS3 but allof the exclusives that came out except 1did not crack to top ten. The PS3 has gotten over the whole "no games" thing and yetthey still mention Resistance 1. It was awsome and it still is cool today, but seriously, I can't believea launch game made it to15 while other games only made it to 21. Instead Stardust I would have put Shatter. The list issoon to be outdated within weeks ifmost the exclusives coming out are at least 8.5 or better. They should have waited until April to do a list. We have like 5 or so exclusives on top of the multiplats coming out.

There is Mag, Heavy Rain, Last Rebellion, White Knight Chronicles, Yakuza 3, God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13, Bioshock 2, Resonance of Fate, and so forth.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="havokmaster"][QUOTE="jyoung312"]

jyoung312

Relax about the end of the year, there is like 10 billion games coming out just in the first half of the year alone

You have Atelier Rorona, Gran Turismo 5, Insomniacs next PS3 title, I am pretty sure there will be a few games we don't even see coming. Sony has really gained ground as far as games go and they are starting to go toe to toe with their competitors with exclusives.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 x8VXU6

Too early to decide. God of War III, Heavy Rain, and a bunch of other games havnt even come out yet.

bigboss1203

well I think God of War III would make it to second places but it will not beat out MGS 4

tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

[QUOTE="tonyf55"]In fact.. they should drop Resistance FOM and add Resistance 2... it was way way way better.Dan_Lero

I had to force myself to finish FOM... Resistance 2 kept me enthralled from beginning to end. I just feel the story in the first one died off quick and the game didn't have much else besides hiding behind the same cover and shooting the same chimera. Resistance 2 had a variety of enemy types and a variety of environments. Plus, I feel that the controls felt A LOT less clunky in Resistance 2.

But... to each's own I guess!

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

Good list, but i feel that Valkyria Crhonicles should be higher.

MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

I love that Batman:AA is on the Top 10 and GTA 4 is in the top5 but Uncharted 1 is way 2 high

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
ignoring the placement of the games, it's a pretty solid list. I would have taken out GTA4 and Rockband completely though and put in PJ Monsters, Dragon Age, Borderlands, or Heavenly Sword in the mix.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I own most of those games. I love my PS3 collection.:)
Avatar image for SalvationGift31
SalvationGift31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SalvationGift31
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts
Good to see both Uncharted's get high on the list. =)
xerxesthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xerxesthegreat
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

yh i too agree with some of it , decent list ..but uncharted is to high

for me

1.metal gear solid 4

2. modern warfare 2 [most played in my op and sales were amazing , online .. almost everyone has it ]

3. fallout 3 [the goty edition has had glitch lag , crashing problems bt the original game is one of the best gaming experiances]

4.uncharted 2

5. little big planet

6. oblivion elder scrolls [very fun , so much u can do like fallout , but scenery atmosphere has to be top 10 material]

7. assassins creed 2 [ i dont know how this was left out]

8.gta 4

9.batman arkham asylum

10.resistance 2