If you're in the Killzone 3 Beta and also own CoD: Black Ops, which one do you..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 P-vs-P
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

If you're in the Killzone 3 Beta and also own CoD: Black Ops, which one do you think offers a better multiplayer experience. I know Killzone 3 is still in beta phase so it's not entirely fair to compare the two. Thoughts please

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
simple, killzone 3 will own. im in the beta and honestly sometimes im on it more than black ops lol. not sayin black ops is bad, even though it has its problems, but killzone 2 was and still is my fav shooter of all time, resistance is next. and kz3 they improved a lot too so im hyped for that game, getting the helgan edition or collectors w.e they calling it ol
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
does the game still use the same engine joker?? or did they at least try to optimize it a little so it runs smoother and doesnt feel all slow and sluggy
MclovinKilledU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MclovinKilledU
Member since 2009 • 345 Posts

I would be playing kz3 beta more than black ops IF i was in the beta ):

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
does the game still use the same engine joker?? or did they at least try to optimize it a little so it runs smoother and doesnt feel all slow and sluggyBangerman15
the engine they using is the same as kz2 yes. but they enhanced it and made it better than it was, game runs just like kz2 but without the lag input, more repsonsive. it runs smoother yea, its somewhere between COD and killzone 2. while the weight ( not like kz2, a bit toned down) and recoil is still there. it doesnt feel how killzone 2 felt. they def changed things here and there, now dont get me wrong, the changes are good they not bad at all. but i wish they had more of the slugish feel to it, as it did in kz2. but overall though, the game is shaping up well, and def will be worth it when the game hits shelves. i just hope when kz4 if its possible comes out, they dont ruin it. they need to keep certain formula of the game the same, its what made it different then other fps.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I actually own every game listed (well, of corse just Beta when it come sto Kz3). It's actually hard to decide which one's the best, but while Kz3 seems to be a bit better then BO, BO wins for the online split screen in 3D, it's a lot of fun ^^

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Don't understand the hype surrounding Killzone 3. Sure 2 looked pretty but at it's core, it was little more than your run of the mill FPS the market is saturated with today. Played the beta for 3 and wasn't impressed. BFBC2 is more my cup 'o tea.

-Rinder-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Rinder-
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
Both.. They're both awesome.
naz96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 naz96
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts

Black ops, hands down. I have the beta and i tried it but it got boring after some days.. To many campers,noobs. KZ3's MP is CODED.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

I promised myself I wouldn't ignore KZ3 when Black Ops came out and....simply put, I failed.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

The KZ3 beta just wasn't fun for me. Maybe I just suck at it or was constantly on bad teams facing good teams, but I just didn't like it that much. It's a shame because I really liked KZ2 when it first came out. But every time I boot up my PS3 I just ignore the KZ3 beta and go straight to Black Ops.

P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 P-vs-P
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

Just saying but if you want to be in the BETA, go make a PSN Account for India and it's in the PS Plus section for everyone to download (YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A PS PLUS MEMBER) That's how I got in :)

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

Don't understand the hype surrounding Killzone 3. Sure 2 looked pretty but at it's core, it was little more than your run of the mill FPS the market is saturated with today. Played the beta for 3 and wasn't impressed. BFBC2 is more my cup 'o tea.

volume_three

turn up the difficulty and watch the AI hand you your derrier repeatedly.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

[QUOTE="volume_three"]

z4twenny

turn up the difficulty and watch the AI hand you your derrier repeatedly.

I don't think he ever said the game was easy...
jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

im in the killzone 3 beta and had more fun in the first hour of playing it than I have had in the first week of black ops.

Killzone 3 Hands down will be the best multiplayer fps online experience this gen for ps3.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I dont even have the KZ3 beta and I already know it will own any FPS game to come out next year. Am I a fanboy? Why yes, yes I am.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#17 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I'm willing to bet money that 90% of the people who voted haven't played them all.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I'm in the Beta. As of right now, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's a lot faster than KZ2. It feels a bit more like COD. Which I can't tell if I like or not. I was a big fan of the slow and methodical pace that KZ2 embraced, but maybe I'll like this new speedier KZ3 in the long run.

And just an FYI to everyone...the Beta is up for download on the Indian PS Store. Just make a new account and set your region to India. Then download it from there to play on your normal account. Very easy.

EDIT: Darn, P-vs-P beat me to it. :P

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts

killzone 3 is much better..black ops is great also..but graphics, gameplay, gamemodes..all go to killzone..although i do wish i coulddo splitscreeen onlien like in black ops

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

volume_three

Agree. Most of the hype is sure to come from KZ3 being a PS3 exclusive, I can guarantee if it was multiplatform it wouldn't be nearly as popular.

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yungswift44

[QUOTE="volume_three"]

Vari3ty

Agree. Most of the hype is sure to come from KZ3 being a PS3 exclusive, I can guarantee if it was multiplatform it wouldn't be nearly as popular.

i have to disagree..i know for me (and alot of others) ive been a killzone fan since the first one..what people called a flop, i had as one of my favorite games, killzone is a great fps, with a nice take on sci-fi war..its futuristic without being foreign or even feeling impossible, it has an amazing campaign and iconic enemies...it may not be YOUR style but for mostof people, its just plain awesome..ps3 exclusive or not

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yungswift44

and i love BFBD2 also....

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
Killzone 3 from 2, the improvements I've seen are from a control standpoint, it's not as slow but the game looks just like Killzone 2 but with a heavier grain filter. very noticeable when playing that map in the beta with the green core reactor