If you're a Gamestop PowerUp Rewards member...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

You may want to check your email.

-----------------------

From IGN:

The last few weeks have been turbulent for PlayStation 3 users. As a result of the PlayStation Network's prolonged outage, gamers can't play online, purchase games off of the PlayStation Store, or access their friends list. In essence, all PlayStation 3 consoles around the world are in offline mode.

But could it be that this outage and the PR fiasco that surrounded it has hurt PlayStation 3 sales?

Some members of retailer GameStop's Power-Up Rewards Program received an e-mail today outlining a new deal that will net purchasers $100 off a brand-new PlayStation 3. As a "members-only exclusive," the e-mail states that 160 and 320 GB PS3s can be purchased using a special coupon members have access to, cutting $100 off the purchase price.

Gamers who receive this e-mail will have access to the special coupon by logging into the GameStop website and consulting the Active Offers section of the page. According to the e-mail, this deal runs through Sunday, May 29th.

-----------------------

Note that not every PowerUp member received this email, only certain ones, I myself did not. However, why not get a new PS3 if you can get it for only $200?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

-----------------------

From IGN:

The last few weeks have been turbulent for PlayStation 3 users. As a result of the PlayStation Network's prolonged outage, gamers can't play online, purchase games off of the PlayStation Store, or access their friends list. In essence, all PlayStation 3 consoles around the world are in offline mode.

But could it be that this outage and the PR fiasco that surrounded it has hurt PlayStation 3 sales?

Some members of retailer GameStop's Power-Up Rewards Program received an e-mail today outlining a new deal that will net purchasers $100 off a brand-new PlayStation 3. As a "members-only exclusive," the e-mail states that 160 and 320 GB PS3s can be purchased using a special coupon members have access to, cutting $100 off the purchase price.

Gamers who receive this e-mail will have access to the special coupon by logging into the GameStop website and consulting the Active Offers section of the page. According to the e-mail, this deal runs through Sunday, May 29th.

-----------------------

Note that not every PowerUp member received this email, only certain ones, I myself did not. However, why not get a new PS3 if you can get it for only $200?

Vari3ty

why not you ask? because if theres nothing wrong with your ps3 then why do you need a new ps3?

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

-----------------------

From IGN:

-----------------------

barry000

why not you ask? because if theres nothing wrong with your ps3 then why do you need a new ps3?

True. I guess you can try to sell it. But the other question is how many points will you need to purchase the coupon (that is how the power up rewards work).

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

Give me 25% off or more, or a certain amount of money off a game of my choice instead. Realy why do I need another PS3, there is no point, I would rather a game thank you

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

[QUOTE="barry000"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

-----------------------

From IGN:

-----------------------

Legolas_Katarn

True. I guess you can try to sell it. But the other question is how many points will you need to purchase the coupon (that is how the power up rewards work).

not trying to be mean but i know how it works, i've been a gamestop powerup rewards pro member since they started the powerup rewards

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#6 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

You know guys, I think this deal is more for people who don't have a PS3. .......

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

[QUOTE="barry000"]

barry000

not trying to be mean but i know how it works, i've been a gamestop powerup rewards pro member since they started the powerup rewards

That last part wasn't for you. That was for anyone reading this who is thinking they get a free coupon. Gamespot forum errors messed up my post.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30459 Posts

Give me 25% off or more, or a certain amount of money off a game of my choice instead. Realy why do I need another PS3, there is no point, I would rather a game thank you

Brawler-Dude
That's the point, deals like these are aimed at a lower number of people, something like what you said, everyone is likely to use it and they have to eat that cost. Less people are likely to run out and buy a console even if they don't own one, but it still makes the program look good.
corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

A guy at my work is running out and buying one in the morning, so some people will be taking them up on this deal. If I didn't already own a PS3 I know I would.

GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

Did any of you with Power Up Pro get the $25 Move bundle coupon?

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i hope i didnt get this e-mail then accidently delete it thinking it was spam (i have a friend who really wants this coupon)