If my PS+ Subscription end will I still have the free games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
#1 Posted by thegamingjunkie (309 posts) -

Once my ps+ sub ends on August, say... I want to resubscribe during October, will the free games I have (that is already downloaded) still be on my system? I know that it won't be free anymore in the store, but if I already have/downloaded it, will it still be on my console?

Thanks a bunch.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (12489 posts) -

Yes but you wont be able to play them.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
#3 Posted by thegamingjunkie (309 posts) -

@GTR12: How so? Will it be locked or something?

#4 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

Yeah, they'll be locked out until you actually buy the game or re-up your PS+ subscription. You do get to keep any discounted games you've purchased though.

#5 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@thegamingjunkie said:

Once my ps+ sub ends on August, say... I want to resubscribe during October, will the free games I have (that is already downloaded) still be on my system? I know that it won't be free anymore in the store, but if I already have/downloaded it, will it still be on my console?

Thanks a bunch.

Those games won't work but they will be on your HDD. They will remain in your queue, but when you DL them, they won't play or revert to demo mode. When you resubscribe PS+, the free PS+ games will work again. That's only the free PS+ games.

There is a timer on your games, you can look at your PS+ games timer by going to the game and hitting the triangle button. Even if you go offline, the games will eventually expire. You get a new timer on your games when you re subscribe to PS+.

Any games you got super duper cheap with PS+ discounts will still work without subscription of course.